1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco owner from Kodiak Island, AK

Discussion in 'New Members' started by KodiakToyTRD, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jun 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Just subscribed to the forum after reading many threads and post, mostly about stereo replacement and T/O bearing/pilot shaft issues. Good forum here, lots of good info!

About me: Just recently purchased an 05 double cab short bed SR5 TRD OffRoad with the V-6 and the 6-speed manual. I really like the truck cept for the T/O bearing issue. I did the research and found a fix which i posted a link to under thread "6 speed issues". I will post it here too.

I've been in the military for about 4.5 years now, proudly serving in the USCG. Been stationed in WA, VA and currently an MP in Kodiak, AK. Born and raised in WA then moved to CO. When I leave the service I will be moving back to CO where the rest of my family is.

I will post pics of my Taco shortly. Thanks for all the good info again guys, I will be browsing more and posting as i get more familiar with my new truck!

http://www.sumoparts.com/transmissionsleevekittskreplaces30502aa051-2-1.aspx

2. Jun 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Welcome!

3. Jun 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Welcome! Any pics of the truck or cool nature photos from up there?

4. Jun 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    welcome and thanks for serving, i have worked on your base for yrs. haven't been there in about 10yrs, but used to get there every summer from 92' to 96'.............

Products Discussed in

To Top