Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

The first shot

Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
The first shot

First post in the region from the state where the first shot in the colony's
fight for freedom was fired. RHODE ISLAND!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
No Mo Taco :(
Redroadrider is on a distinguished road

Redroadrider's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it was actually here in MA at Lexington/Concord, but whatever. It's good to hear from some Taco fanatics in the area.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
God Bless Rhode Island!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
So I hated history class. God Bless Massachusetts!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
The first shot for freedom was fired in Rhode Island on June 9th 1772.

The sloop Hannah tricked the HMS Gaspee into running aground on what is now named Gaspee point. That night under cover of darkness men from Providence rowed out, boarded the ship and captured the crew. Refusing to surrender, the Captian was shot and mortally wounded before being removed from the ship which was then burned to the waterline where she sat.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, but we get to live free or die. Also got a faceless mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
First post in the region from the state where the first shot in the colony's
fight for freedom was fired. RHODE ISLAND!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
No Mo Taco :(
Redroadrider is on a distinguished road

Redroadrider's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, cool. Never heard that story Roland. Murphman, How do you like your '08? Any issues with the leaf spring TSB?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #8
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
No issues so far. Pushed the tongue weight a couple times and didn't bottom out the leafs. Hoping I already have the latest. The truck was still in plastic when I picked it out back in March. Honestly, been a great pleasure to own and drive - I really love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroadrider View Post
Alright, cool. Never heard that story Roland. Murphman, How do you like your '08? Any issues with the leaf spring TSB?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #9
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
There are lots of things to like about good 'olde Rhody, the Woonsocket area has some of the best fried clams around. Providence is a great city to visit, Rhode Island has a very nice airport, certainly better than Logan. Paw Sox and the Baby Bruins.
Jeff 06 bright red Taco
Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #10
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
the Woonsocket area has some of the best fried clams around.
Serio's on Providence St?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 AM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I like sitting on the seawall at Flo's in Portsmouth eating fried clams. Kinda pricy though.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, Rhode Island....been to Mt St. Charles, Brown, and Salve Regina for hockey games. Also a few restaurants including some fancy beach club right on the ocean for brunch. The students at Salve live some fancy dorms thats for sure!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:12 AM   #13
Frisbie is on a distinguished road
Frisbie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice post Roland...It's great to see others on here from RI!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #14
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
Ya, but we get to live free or die. Also got a faceless mountain.
Ain't that sad? They put the Old Man on the state quarter and his friggin face falls off. Had to be fate.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard Frisbie. Woo Hoo another Rhode Islander! I'll have to reextend my invite for people to come sailing when the boat goes back in next year. (If they don't close the state.)
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #16
Frisbie is on a distinguished road
Frisbie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Roland...I'm up for a sail anytime! I have a boat too...without sails though. Maybe we could trade; sailing lessons for fly fishing lessons. My wife and I have taken a few sailing lessons in years past; looking to get back into it next season.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #17
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I used to fly fish but haven't done it in years. I get really tempted to dust off a cheap rod and toss some pan fish poppers at the snapper blues.