Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pennsylvania

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
mdt1963 is on a distinguished road
mdt1963's Tacoma Gallery
chester county pa. and a home in bradford county pa.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #22
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from the Valley Forge area. Got my Tacoma about 2 weeks ago and love it! This is the first forum I've belonged to. Seems like a bunch of good people with a lot of good info sharing.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #23
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
That's cool. I dig the covered bridges in PA. There's a good one less than 20mi from my house.
Have you seen many of the covered bridges?
Check this out....Tour maps to see all of them in Lanc.County.
http://www.cityoflancasterpa.com/lan...?a=15&q=257148
Last year we took a cruise around to see some of them with the vette. Took pictures and documented GPS coordinates.
http://www.lieblweb.com/VetteEvents/...redBridges.htm
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #24
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Janster I have to say that the particular vintage Corvette you own is IMO the coolest,most handsome bodystyle of all the 'Vettes! Everything is proportional...done right-and timeless. I envy you!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #25
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
I just moved to Quakertown from Telford. Both are half way between Philly and Allentown pretty much. And there are a bunch of covered bridges around here.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #26
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbostaco View Post
I am from Washington PA as well Marc. Small world! Also a big train nut. Will be heading to Altoona for Railfest in July. First long trip for the new Taco!

Tim
Cool. I was in Altoona last month. It was for a funeral though so not as fun. Seemed like a nice small town, and my wife knows a few of the local hang outs I guess.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #27
mowey01 is on a distinguished road
mowey01's Tacoma Gallery
I am in Altoona, PA. This is about half way between Pittsburgh and Harrisburgh.

This is a railroad town. Norfolk repair shops, Railroaders museum, The Horseshoe Curve, etc.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #28
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowey01 View Post
I am in Altoona, PA. This is about half way between Pittsburgh and Harrisburgh.

This is a railroad town. Norfolk repair shops, Railroaders museum, The Horseshoe Curve, etc.
My wife was rambling on about the Horseshoe Curve when we were down there... I must be missing something. lol
Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #29
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
My wife was rambling on about the Horseshoe Curve when we were down there... I must be missing something. lol
it's the quintessential train watching place because you get the full drama of several 4400HP diesels lashed up dragging coal up a huge grade at full throttle-and it is so busy you get constant action
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #30
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I went there on a field trip in 9th grade. Think I went to the museum that mowey is talking about too. I didn't see the big deal either...but then again it was an optional field trip, so any chance I could get to get out of school for the entire day was something I took.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #31
daward is on a distinguished road
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to daward
I'm in West Chester, half hour from Philly without traffic... Chester County is all about thier freaking covered bridges and thier period infulenced homes. LOL

I've been on the Strasburg years ago... really cool ride. When I used to got to West Chester U, I lived in town and there was a historic rail road right across from my apartment. On random Saturday mornings I'd see people line up to get aboard... then I'd pass back out.

God, I miss college.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #32
timbostaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Third Class Petty Officer
timbostaco's Tacoma Gallery
Horseshoe Curve is something everyone should see once. It is just an amazing piece of engineering. And remember, getting up the grade is easy: just keep adding engines. Coming down is the real trick.

Tim
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #33
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Janster I have to say that the particular vintage Corvette you own is IMO the coolest,most handsome bodystyle of all the 'Vettes! Everything is proportional...done right-and timeless. I envy you!
Thanks!
It's a lot of fun and yet another vehicle that needs maintenance and mods! $$$$$

I've always been a truck/offroad enthusiast all these years - it's been hard to warm up to the vette culture. I belong to one of the corvette forums, but I rarely visit there. Just NOT the same....The truck communities & Tacomaworld are more my culture.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Thanks!
It's a lot of fun and yet another vehicle that needs maintenance and mods! $$$$$

I've always been a truck/offroad enthusiast all these years - it's been hard to warm up to the vette culture. I belong to one of the corvette forums, but I rarely visit there. Just NOT the same....The truck communities & Tacomaworld are more my culture.
I can understand that for sure! As far as the $$$ hey have you seen some of the crap people waste their $$$ on??? That car is $$$ well spent because of the joy it brings you and Hubby AND because it's a rare piece of Americana that IMO we need to see on the road once in a while
Old 06-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #35
North East PA Junior TACO Member
N3VMM164 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Boatswainmate Third Class USS California CGN-36
N3VMM164's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to N3VMM164 Send a message via Yahoo to N3VMM164
Hello fellow Pennsylvanians, Dennis N. from Bloomsburg,Columbia County. Only town in PA. Home of the Bloomsburg Fair and Bloom U (Bloomsburg University). North Shore Rail Road travels near Bloomsburg on the other side of the river.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #36
daward is on a distinguished road
daward's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to daward
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3VMM164 View Post
Hello fellow Pennsylvanians, Dennis N. from Bloomsburg,Columbia County. Only town in PA. Home of the Bloomsburg Fair and Bloom U (Bloomsburg University). North Shore Rail Road travels near Bloomsburg on the other side of the river.
I've got a lot of good memories in Bloom... great town!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #37
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I finally got around to posting some pictures of my new truck on the New Members Forum for anyone who's interested.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #38

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #39
Malcolm3.4 is on a distinguished road

Malcolm3.4's Tacoma Gallery
Located in Hanover, Pa. Anyone going to Rausch Creek for the takeover this weekend?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #40
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
south park,pa

Products Discussed in this Thread