1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keystone State Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by Tatts521, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    Two grand in a week or they get evicted? Someone had to have shit the bed on responding to the first notice they were delinquent. I can't imagine the government going full on with taking someone's house over a measly two grand. That's peanuts to the government at any level. Someone should have called long ago and said "Yes we understand we owe money but we can't possibly come up with the full amount by the due date. Is there some kind of payment option we can work out?"

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Agreed. Got to be a LOT more to that story.

3. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    X2 Creditors are usually willing to work with people. No matter what people believe, the government does not want people to lose their house. It looks bad for everyone. Sounds like they have to come up with the money now, let it go too long. Sad.

4. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    yea i think the father fucked up for a few years and i know like a year or so ago shit hit the fan and they ended up working out a payment plan to pay back what they owe. not sure the total amount just know they were paying the amount every month. but her dad doesn't have steady work so i think he went to the govern cuz he had not been getting much work so see what they could do and they told him he had to pay more or lose the house at the end of the month. i think it was like 4 grand a month atleast this month. idk know if he missed payment or what to get to this point but as far as i know they had been paying it back now they are like 2k from make this month payment.

5. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Sad story. Hope it works out for them.

6. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    at this late in the game i can't think of any way to help. i think they are at the point of selling anything they can to get by. and i guessing even if they get by this month they are prob going to be back the same spot next month on plus side being they have 30 days to figure it out. I just can't imagine living like that or how she didnt tell me till now i though everything had more or less been fixed

7. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Embarrassing situation to bring up at the dinner table I would imagine...

8. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    yea well i wouldn't expect her dad to bring it up but shes normally pretty good about tell me whats going on.

9. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Not to make a joke, but maybe because the question after she told you that is, "you want to move in together?"

10. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    i would but i still live with my dad so not an option of her moving in with me and im not in a financial situation to move out yet. plus not shooting myself in the financial foot too i care about her but im not stupid got to get student loans paid down before i can move out

11. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup: Smart man.

12. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    plus i can't bitch live at home for free for now have entire finished basement as an apartment with private entrance. its just me and my dad and at 51 he gets more girls than i do so it like having a roommate at college i stay out of his space and he says out of mine lol. i want to help the gf's family not end up like them

13. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    andyman

andyman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    If the delinquent taxes are local (county, school, municipal) the county Tax Claim Bureau may be willing to agree on a payment plan for them. I work in real estate in a city where there is a lot of low income housing (not saying your girlfriend's parents are low income, just an example) and properties are lost to Sheriff's and Tax sales all the time. Believe it or not, most times its easier and more cost effective for the County to do everything they can to help the owner keep their home. Think of it like this: if the home owner owes $2,000 in taxes and loses it outright, the County loses that $2,000 and has to go through all the red tape and costs of listing, selling and closing on the home to get it to a new owner; so, if they can even get $100 a month towards that $2,000 its something. Now granted, if the County can sell the home, they may be able to recoup some of those costs but its never a guarantee. In this market the home could sit on the market for years. Having said all that though delinquent taxes are delinquent taxes and the County will take the home if they have to. The minimum is 2 years worth of delinquent taxes (around here anyway). Anyway the point is, if your girl's parents haven't tried making an arrangement with the Tax Claim Bureau, it may be worth a try. Good luck to you all.

14. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    good info im going to have dinner with them tonight so hopefully i can figure more details out. from what i gathered so far not sure if it is state or fed. taxes they owe. it is deff a few years worth, and they did work out a payment plan in the past. now im assuming im missing something cuz she told me they have been paying them and her dad went in to ask for an extension cuz money was tight one month and they said oh btw you need to pay like 4k this month or you lose the house. my impression on hearing this and knowing he is bad with money is that he didn't make all the payments that he claims he did cuz i can't imagine the gov. just saying oh btw give us more or get out by the end of the month.

15. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    andyman

andyman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Yeah I can't imagine that either. Usually there's a lengthy process and plenty of fair warning given to the homeowner that they will lose the property if they don't keep up their end of the bargain. Sorry to say but her family may be out of options. I'm no expert though.
    I'm curious, did you post this same question on Vortex? Just wondering what they had to say over there; if anyone gave you a real answer or if they just ripped you a new one. I traded in my 08 GTI for a Tacoma just 2 months ago so I'm an expat from Vortex. Still love VW though. Miss that GTI like crazy.

16. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    suck for her cuz im coming to the same conclusion unless they pull a rabbit out of there ass the house is gone. i troll vortex alittle but i dont really post there im mostly on golfmk6 to many DB on vortex. and you made a good choice if you had the trade the vw. i love this car but i do miss truck if it was in the cars i would have kept both

17. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    andyman

andyman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Yeah their only other option might be to declare bankruptcy but they probably don't want to do that.

And you're right about Vortex, way too many douches over there. That's why I was curious what response you got if you posted over there. I stopped going there entirely. The GTI was the best car I've ever owned though. And it worked out great when I lived in the city, but I moved back to my hometown in the sticks and the GTI really can't handle hunting and fishing duties or even a light dusting of snow as I found out this past winter. One day maybe I'll have both...

18. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    13TRDsport

13TRDsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE PA
    Vehicle:
    13 Access cab TRD Sport
    Aero Turbine 2525XL, K&N air filter, TRD Shift knob. Bilstein 5100's w\Eibach springs.
    Hello from NE PA. Near scranton

19. Aug 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    would they be able to save the house if the declare bankruptcy? i don't think they would have anything else to lose my gf and here old brother are 21 and 26 so i dont think any assets they own can be claimed if the parents file not that either of them have much. the youngest brother is 18 and in a wheel chair so they might get some pity in court. but also don't know if a week is enough time to declare bankruptcy.

20. Aug 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    andyman

andyman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    That I'm not sure about. I think its possible under certain types of bankruptcy but they may not qualify for it. That is all beyond me though. Their best bet would be to seek professional financial/legal help if they wanted to explore that option. Unfortunately that costs money. Becomes a bit of a vicious cycle.

Products Discussed in

To Top