Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pennsylvania

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2008, 05:39 AM   #41
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Question Weight Class Sticker

I just received my registration sticker for my new Tacoma and included was a weight class sticker to put on the windshield alongside the inspection and emissions stickers. I have not seen this before, is it something new? I've been checking out other trucks in my aea and don't find any with this sticker. Can anybody explain? Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #42
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
They sent me one for my 02 Tundra, registration also costs more. I have bumped into others who also got the sticker for there <1ton. Didn't get one for the Taco though.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #43
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Live in Canonsburg, work in South Park, visit girlfriend in Johnstown, and have fun all throughout southwestern Pa and the Laurel Highlands!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #44
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I just received my registration sticker for my new Tacoma and included was a weight class sticker to put on the windshield alongside the inspection and emissions stickers. I have not seen this before, is it something new? I've been checking out other trucks in my aea and don't find any with this sticker. Can anybody explain? Thanks.
I went through this a while ago... and here's the skinny:

My old Tacoma (96) was in weight class I registration was $56.

These newer trucks have a higher GVWR of 5,350lbs.
In PA - if your GVWR is 5,000lbs or more - puts you in CLASS II which costs $81. We're in the same class as a bigger trucks (Dodge Ram 1500 for example) - and because we're over 5,000lbs.

You do not need to put the sticker in the windshield. Just hold onto it and put it with all your registration papers.

If you want - you can register your truck at a lower weight class (Class I). However - that limits you on the amount of weight you can carry legally (5,000lbs minus unladen weight).

In other words* (these examples TRD Sport)
Unladen weight = truck actual weight (about 3800lbs)
GVWR = unladen weight plus cargo, passengers, & tonque weight. (Not to exceed 5350lbs)
GVCWR = Overall combined weight. Unladen weight plus cargo, passengers, tonque weight + whatever you're towing. (Not to exceed 8100lbs)

According to the state - you can't exceed any of the manufacturers ratings regardless of what class you're in.

So unfortunately....we're paying the state $25 more each year (Class II) to have the ability to haul/tow an extra 350lbs. Is it worth it? Depends on how much you tow/haul.
I was gonna downgrade my truck to Class I - but decided againest it. I don't wanna know what the legalities would be if I exceeded the 5,000lb being in class I (and got caught doing it).
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #45
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Janster - Thanks for the information. When I got the Tacoma they told me registration would be $81, plus I was surprised they gave me a new plate that actually said "Truck" on it. They did say Tacomas were considered as being the same as the bigger trucks. I always thought the smaller trucks could use the same plates as cars. I guess it's anything for a buck these days. I appreciate the explanation.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #46
North East PA Junior TACO Member
N3VMM164 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Boatswainmate Third Class USS California CGN-36
N3VMM164's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to N3VMM164 Send a message via Yahoo to N3VMM164
Welkome to Pennsylvania Komrad the land of blooming idiots and kaos. LOL. Just did mine registration this past week wasn't happy about increase but you'll have this
Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #48
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Aside from trains and towing... Anybody do any off-roading in southwestern PA?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #49
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
Look for offroad clubs in Wellsville area.... I know a couple jeep clubs out that way but not sure of others.

I wheeled in Wellsville once - and had heard that area was closed up. That was a while ago though.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #51
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
wow, never saw this thread, I'm right by Janster in Lancaster, PA...with all the Amish
Amen!!

Makes me wonder if I've seen you in passing. I see a lot of taco's around.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #52
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
The only place I know of that has advertised trails around Pittsburgh is BeaveRun.

Here's a link: http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_dirt_days.htm

Oh, and Hot Tamale- When I got the registration for my truck in July, I also got a Class 2 sticker to put in the windshield.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #54
c80drew is on a distinguished road
c80drew's Tacoma Gallery
Shippensburg, PA

Hey!! We're Shippensburg residents... love Central PA!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #55
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
prolly....i live back behind WGAL
Don't get out that way too often.... most of my travels involve Rte 283/30 from Landville to Greenfield Rd. RR Donnelley daily at various times (I rotate shifts).

You might see my old 96 tacoma floating around ....poor thing....I could cry everytime i see it.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #56
North East PA Junior TACO Member
N3VMM164 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Boatswainmate Third Class USS California CGN-36
N3VMM164's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to N3VMM164 Send a message via Yahoo to N3VMM164
PA

The only time I go 4 wheeling anymore is to go GeoCacheing or doing Search & Rescue Ops while looking for lost people. Living in Central PA I love it. But most of the off road trails have been built up or now is privately owned but you'll have this in small towns.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #58
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Huntingdon Valley, PA

Hi ,

I am in Huntingdon Valley, PA. Just 1500 some yards North of Philadelphia in Montgomery county side. It is next to Abington & Jenkintown. Great Town but ridiculously high Property tax (mostly school tax).

Average homes cost $450,000 with taxes in the $7000 to $24,000 year...
Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #59
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
Hello fellow PAers...

I live in Imperial (10 min from Pittsburgh airport), work near the Pittsburgh Zoo, and grew in Bedford, PA. Pretty much familiar w/ the western half of PA and parts of Maryland and WV.

Just got my Tacoma 4 days ago, and love it...
Welcome to TW and gongrats on the new truck.

Products Discussed in this Thread