Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pennsylvania

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #6161
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post

Are the inchworm adapter plates causing the recent bearing problems?
There is debate on that. I get conflicting info from all over the place on this issue. First I'm told it's the rear plate then I see that at the same time there is a bearing problem.
I do know that Marlin will not be using the rear adapter plate from Inchworm and is waiting for their own supplier to get Marlins plates back into production.

Sometimes news can be sketchy.

I haven't seen any issues with bearings on any of the crawlers I've installed or built that have the Marlin rear adapter plates. Heck, mines been in my truck now for 6 years without issue and we know how I treat my truck. LOL

Anyway, thats the information I've got. There is a thread over on TTORA that says that Marlin is using the wrong type of bearing. I doubt it very seriously considering he's had so much success with the same bearing over all these years. I think it's a combination of both a possible rear adapter plate issue and a bad batch of bearings.

They did however replace someones bad bearing with a different one but still used the inchworm plate. My guess is because the owner uses his truck as a daily driver and needed to get it back on the road asap and the only way to do that was use the original rear plate since the new ones are not ready yet.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #6162
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Talked with "Homer" the other day. Sounds like a great guy. He just needs to slow down a bit. A crawler will take care of that in no time.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #6163
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
There is debate on that. I get conflicting info from all over the place on this issue. First I'm told it's the rear plate then I see that at the same time there is a bearing problem.
I do know that Marlin will not be using the rear adapter plate from Inchworm and is waiting for their own supplier to get Marlins plates back into production.

Sometimes news can be sketchy.

I haven't seen any issues with bearings on any of the crawlers I've installed or built that have the Marlin rear adapter plates. Heck, mines been in my truck now for 6 years without issue and we know how I treat my truck. LOL

Anyway, thats the information I've got. There is a thread over on TTORA that says that Marlin is using the wrong type of bearing. I doubt it very seriously considering he's had so much success with the same bearing over all these years. I think it's a combination of both a possible rear adapter plate issue and a bad batch of bearings.

They did however replace someones bad bearing with a different one but still used the inchworm plate. My guess is because the owner uses his truck as a daily driver and needed to get it back on the road asap and the only way to do that was use the original rear plate since the new ones are not ready yet.
Thank you for clarifying that. Its always nice to hear what's exactly going on with everything. Hopefully ill be talking to you on a few years about a crawl box as well
Old 11-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #6164
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
Talked with "Homer" the other day. Sounds like a great guy. He just needs to slow down a bit. A crawler will take care of that in no time.
You should ride with him... lol He is really an awesome guy!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #6166
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Had never seen anyone push a tree overhanging a trail out of the way with a truck before but by God! Homer did! haha
Old 11-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #6168
Interweb wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Only where said tree was not going to lead a healthy and sustained life.

Tread lightly and all that.
I made sure to add it was over the trail. Probably could have made it a little more clear it had tipped over. I agree though, tread lightly!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #6170
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
I'll have my AK and some hand guns. I don't know where ya'll shot the last time, but I imagine as long as it's safe and no one else is around, we should be good.
Alright I'll have my AR and 22s
Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #6172
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
ugh me too this sounds awesome. I'll bring my 223 back with me from thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #6173
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just an update we are on our way to the BK
Old 11-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #6174
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
Posting specifics on toys you own on a public forum is not a good idea, you may end up with a door knock
Old 11-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #6175
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
Posting specifics on toys you own on a public forum is not a good idea, you may end up with a door knock
Big brother already knows what you own.. you think they really follow the rules on not making a database
Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #6176
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Whattt? Lol aren't your guns registered

This^^^
lmao I live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland they already got my info and since I'm prior miliarty they even got my finger prints haha
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #6177

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
lmao I live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland they already got my info and since I'm prior miliarty they even got my finger prints haha
Haha Gotta love maryland law... they have my fingerprints as well, and if I go thru with getting a silencer they'll have complete control of my life
Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #6178

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Lmfao yeah you need WAY to much to get a gun in MD

Why you need a silencer? Lmfao
So I can shoot at the house... dads not a fan of loud noises all day
Old 11-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #6179
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery

Spotted on 23rd at in Philly today, anyone on here?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #6180
KennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKennyF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Corrections Officer
Name: Ken
KennyF's Tacoma Gallery
My condolences go out to you...

Products Discussed in this Thread