LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pennsylvania

Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Pennsylvania

Alright, I've been seeing more and more PA members showing up, so let's hear it. If you're from PA say hello and what area you're in.

I'm in Slippery Rock, bout an hour north of Pittsburgh.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Washington PA an hour south of Pittsburgh.

Marc M
Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Welcome to TW, Marc.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, thought I would sign up and see what's going on in here. Long time member of many other Toyota forums.

Marc M
Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #5

This is the only one I've ever been a member of, but I hear it is quite different from many of the others. ?....We have a lot of fun here.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
signing in

Currently Langhorne PA. , just north of PHILA.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
INTRUDER HERE...hey Toy just wanted to ask you guys you still have those phenominal railroad museums there for the Penn Central etc?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Janster. I take it nobody there cares for trains-you guys have some of the coolest.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
005VZ-FE1C8SR5TRDEC is on a distinguished road
005VZ-FE1C8SR5TRDEC's Tacoma Gallery
howdy

hi y'all

glad to be here

... coincidentally the restored Harris Railroad Tower just opened in Harrisburg (... noticed we're talkin' trains)
Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Wexford during the summer (about a half hour north of Pittsburgh) and go to school in Erie (Penn State Behrend.)
Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Thanks Janster. I take it nobody there cares for trains-you guys have some of the coolest.
I got to ride in a steam locomotive when I was 4. It was in Wyoming or Colorado, I can't remember.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I got to ride in a steam locomotive when I was 4. It was in Wyoming or Colorado, I can't remember.
Hey Toy yeah I totally grew up one block from the train station in Itasca, Ill. I loved watching the train action every day. Little did I know I would miss trains so much living here in California-but I do! The nearerst train action is in Oakland across the bay. That's a little bit too far to just watch freight. I guess in short I'm a traingeek
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Toy yeah I totally grew up one block from the train station in Itasca, Ill. I loved watching the train action every day. Little did I know I would miss trains so much living here in California-but I do! The nearerst train action is in Oakland across the bay. That's a little bit too far to just watch freight. I guess in short I'm a traingeek
That's cool. I dig the covered bridges in PA. There's a good one less than 20mi from my house.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #16

Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
That's cool. I dig the covered bridges in PA. There's a good one less than 20mi from my house.
Sounds good! I'm not all hucklybuck about it all I just like that trains are still around, know what I mean? Like I used to hear the "Elgin Express" (commuter train from downtown Chicago to Elgin) approaching 3 towns away- by the time it hit our town it was doing like 80MPH!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #18
timbostaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Third Class Petty Officer
timbostaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am from Washington PA as well Marc. Small world! Also a big train nut. Will be heading to Altoona for Railfest in July. First long trip for the new Taco!

Tim
Old 06-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #19
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
My brother and father are huge train nuts. When god was handing out brains, they thought he said trains. They know alot about railroad stuff.

Every time I have to go down to Homestead I have to wait on trains to cross the intersection. There is alot of train traffic along the rivers in Pittsburgh.

There is a cool train museum in Oil City PA, where you can actually ride in an old steam engined open car passenger train.

My dad and brother also have dozens and dozens of model trains ranging from N-scale to G-scale.

There is a cool trolley museum in Arden PA where you can go for rides on them as well.

There's alot of train history here in PA, and alot still going strong if you want to look for it. Two of my uncles worked for the railroad so we heard alot about it.

Marc M
Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #20

I have active tracks near my house, and in many of the towns around here.
In Blawnox is where I see trains the most.

Products Discussed in this Thread