Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

NY

Old 06-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
NY

I know we have a few people up here in NY..... (demoncleaner, DonG, and a few others I'm probably forgetting... )

Anyone else?

Need to find some trails so we can do a ride sometime.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm here and ready to go.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I knew I was forgetting someone! Sorry about that. Gotta be more people around here too!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
SNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really nice
SNIPES's Tacoma Gallery
Westchester County here.....
Old 09-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
I'm still relatively new here with a stock truck...but I'm in Freeville just outside of Ithaca. Any good places to go offroading? I am still a newb, the truck is stock, and I mainly bought it to haul my bike....but since it is 4wd, why not?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Voluntown Conn. here, not that far...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Long Island in the house.....
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #9
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
I'm still relatively new here with a stock truck...but I'm in Freeville just outside of Ithaca. Any good places to go offroading? I am still a newb, the truck is stock, and I mainly bought it to haul my bike....but since it is 4wd, why not?

Eh... Not too many places... Basically a few State Land forests with access roads. Not sure of the legality as some places have signs forbidding motorized vehicle access, and some don't. There's a place off 79 between Ithaca and Richford I've been meaning to visit, but haven't had time! Couple friends told me about it, but they've also run into park rangers up there once that told them they shouldn't be where they were.

Other than that, I don't know about much. Just scattered mile or less long access roads here and there. Some are interesting as they get washed out and aren't maintained, but sometimes you show up 1 summer after they decided to send a grader down. Then it's just your typical dirt road.

Edit:
Although, those same roads are fun in the winter after it snows even in "good" condition since they aren't plowed. So you can push snow with your skid plate and go places normally reserved for sleds.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone near the Catskills?

Do some research on the Jeep Jamoborees.... If you could research and get information about the land they ride on for the jamborees and get permission from the owners - that'd be the ticket!

And Hey, there's a Jeep Jamboree there this weekend!

http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/...ategory_Code=E
Old 09-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #11
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Anyone near the Catskills?

Do some research on the Jeep Jamoborees.... If you could research and get information about the land they ride on for the jamborees and get permission from the owners - that'd be the ticket!

And Hey, there's a Jeep Jamboree there this weekend!

http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/...ategory_Code=E

Holy SHIT!

Quote:
Registration fee: Adults $265, Kids 6-12 $125.
Good F'n lord!! $655 for the family to go, plus gas to get there, gas to wheel with, and accommodations.

Sorry, no way in hell I'm paying for that. Or could afford it if I wanted too.

Not to mention 2 hours each way for me.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Holy SHIT!

Good F'n lord!! $655 for the family to go, plus gas to get there, gas to wheel with, and accommodations.

Sorry, no way in hell I'm paying for that. Or could afford it if I wanted too.

Not to mention 2 hours each way for me.
Exactly why I haven't been to one either.

I never meant for you to Register and go to the event.

Do some research. Make some phone calls. Talk to some people and find out who the land owners are and how you can 'borrow' their trails for a day.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #13
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Exactly why I haven't been to one either.

I never meant for you to Register and go to the event.

Do some research. Make some phone calls. Talk to some people and find out who the land owners are and how you can 'borrow' their trails for a day.
Yeah sounds like a plan.... Just shocked me how much it cost! lol I'm used to hearing $50/rider/day at Paragon or something like that! Not a mortgage or truck payment for a weekend of fun!

I know some people around me (farmers and such) that I should ask about using their land. lol I may even need to use it to get firewood once I get around to setting up my wood stove.... Need trails to ge tot the wood....
Old 11-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
swimmd99 is on a distinguished road
swimmd99's Tacoma Gallery
capitol region here
Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #15
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
Right in the middle... Cuse
Old 11-17-2008, 12:44 AM   #16
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Just started posting and still waiting for my 09 to get to the dealer but im on long island
Old 11-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #18
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Mz tazcoma do u know anywhere on li to go off road?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #19
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Add one more Ithaca person here!!!!

Stock Double Cab TRD O-R.

I am not aware of any trails in the area, but will be on the look out.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketdoctor View Post
Add one more Ithaca person here!!!!

Stock Double Cab TRD O-R.

I am not aware of any trails in the area, but will be on the look out.
There are several....keep looking