Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

off road shop in the Philly area?

Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
off road shop in the Philly area?

Hey guys im toying with the idea of getting the procomp 6 inch lift, while i would love to do it myself being in school and working i would never find the time to start and finish it. Does anyone know of some reputable shops around the Philadelphia or surrounding areas that do lift installs???

there is one on street road (street road truck accessories) or something like that and they wanna charge and arm, and 2 legs for it.

any help would be sweet!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
zombiekiller is on a distinguished road
zombiekiller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
Hey guys im toying with the idea of getting the procomp 6 inch lift, while i would love to do it myself being in school and working i would never find the time to start and finish it. Does anyone know of some reputable shops around the Philadelphia or surrounding areas that do lift installs???

there is one on street road (street road truck accessories) or something like that and they wanna charge and arm, and 2 legs for it.

any help would be sweet!
auto and truck outfitters on the pa/de border. camper bob's in mt holly, nj .
i know a & t outfitters is 65 an hour. don't know about camper bob's
Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
www.applehill4x4.com

If you talk to bcgrednek3006 (Fred) he may even be able to get you a discount.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
K&M Speed and Truck in Levittown. Don't know much about them but I guess its worth getting a price.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
ok sweet deal thanks for the suggestions...il be checking them out for sure and when im ready il let you guys know how it goes
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
angdefeo is on a distinguished road
angdefeo's Tacoma Gallery
I want to revive this thread. The last comment here was in 2010. Are there any shops in Southeastern, PA or Southern New Jersey which specialize in trucks, suspension, lifts etc other than the shops mentioned above?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
What are you looking to get done?
I would like shop that could offer me advice in the best route to take in modifying the trucks suspension, upgrading engine performance and being able to do the work. If I can compare it to anything I would say a tuner shop for trucks.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
ok auto 4wd in new jersey pretty nice place although they did instal my lr uca's backwards twice lol
That almost sounds like a reason to avoid that shop.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by angdefeo View Post
I would like shop that could offer me advice in the best route to take in modifying the trucks suspension, upgrading engine performance and being able to do the work. If I can compare it to anything I would say a tuner shop for trucks.
As far as specializing in Tacoma trucks for tuning purposes, Newark Toyota World in Newark,DE is pretty good. If you want to find the best route for your truck, do your own research, don't let a salesman tell you what you want. All they want is your money. What kind of suspension upgrade are you looking to do? There are so many different routes, and you have to figure out if this is going to be something you are going to offroad heavy, or just a few times a year, and how much of a daily driver it will be, and of course your budget. As far as engine performance goes, installing headers, cat back exhaust, intake, maf cal, will all together give you a light to moderate gain in performance and give you a muscely sound. The biggest performance upgrade is going to be the super charger, but with that, you are looking to drop $5k.

Quote:
I would have to agree there.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want to revive this thread. The last comment here was in 2010. Are there any shops in Southeastern, PA or Southern New Jersey which specialize in trucks, suspension, lifts etc other than the shops mentioned above?
There is a good shop in West Chester Called Main Line Overland
http://www.mainlineoverland.com/
I've met & spoke with the owners.
IMO most suspension mods can be done on your own though...
Come to a local meet & read up here on the forum & you'll learn a lot!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it happens more than you think. yes its tarded but, the guys made it right for me and gave me a sweet deal on a warn winch and a ton of recovery gear.

i just mentioned it cause they have been around for a very long time iirc 1978 or so and the guys are all nice the shop is high tech and they frequently work on high end and unique trucks.

for example last summer when i was there waiting for some work to get done i caught this old land rover what ever the fuck it is in the parking lot they even had an icon but, at the time i didn't have my cell to take a picture
Attached Thumbnails
off road shop in the Philly area?-imag0490.jpg   off road shop in the Philly area?-imag0491.jpg   off road shop in the Philly area?-imag0492.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
There is a good shop in West Chester Called Main Line Overland
http://www.mainlineoverland.com/
I've met & spoke with the owners.
IMO most suspension mods can be done on your own though...
Come to a local meet & read up here on the forum & you'll learn a lot!
I know the guys at Mainline Overland very well. They are very knowledgeable about everything automotive. I need to reach out to them very soon.