1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Jersey Devil Run 10-30/10-31-10

Discussion in 'North East' started by Beef Taco00, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sep 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Beef Taco00

Beef Taco00 [OP] Taco Surpreme

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    3" Procomp lift kit (ES3000 front struts and ES9000 rear shocks, 3" lift coil springs front and rear) Custom machined 1" UHMW rear spacer lift (made by owner) No front sway bar Custom machined 1" front differential drop (made by owner) Skyjacker 3" lift extended rear sway bar end links Icon Vehicle Dynamics Tubular Upper Control Arms 1/2" Body lift Demello Evil Eye front bumper All-Pro Offroad rear bumper Ricochet Offroad Armor front lower control arm skids Ricochet Offroad Armor HD Skid Plate All-Pro Offroad E-Locker skid SBE rear shock skids/protectors Custom made limb risers 7" round mesh headlight guards ARB Safari Snorkel Outterwares Snorkel pre filter K&N drop in style air filter AFE Catback High-Tuck exhaust Full Scuba mod Midland 40ch CB radio Rear Locker LED gauge light swap done by Alex Emelianoff Daystar LED light switches
    :devil: THE JERSEY DEVIL RUN :devil:

This is a FJ Cruiser run that I posted in the FJCruiserForums.com and FJNortheasters.org forums. I use to have a tacoma and since I use to frequent tacomaworld forums alot, I thought I'd share our wheeling/camping adventure with yall :)

We've all heard stories about the Jersey Devil while growing up. The Jersey Devil has put alot of fear in people. Many people have claimed that they have seen this hideous part horse, part bat creature. For those who are like me and didn't grow up listening to the stories or never sighted the Jersey Devil, being I'm from Tennessee, heres alittle bit of info on the Jersey Devil http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=28.

This run is going to take place, as you guessed it, at night on hallows eve, 10-30-10.

Everyone will meet at 6:30pm at the following coords N39 49.593 W074 21.780. The road to take you to our meeting place is called Bryant Rd. Bryant Rd is off of Rt 539, which intersects with Rt 72. The coords for the entrance to Bryant Rd from Rt 539 is as follows N39 50.180 W074 22.820. Once you turn right (if you're coming from Rt 72) (left if you're coming from Whiting, NJ) onto Bryant Rd, follow it until you get to the very first turn on your right. Follow that road down until you get to the meeting place coords (or first entrance on your left).

Our meeting place is a pretty huge sand/gravel pit with a pond to play in (this is where Izzycc submarined his FJ). There is plenty of room here at the meeting area to post up camp for those who would like to stay over night in the deep, dark, eere pine lands where the Jersey Devil calls home. I will be posting up camp and staying over night.

If this turns out to be a success, I'd like to see it happen again next year. If anyone has any questions about directions, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to point you the right way. Lets make this an excellent adventure where we can tell ghost stories over the camp fire while laughing about who slipped in the mud while hooking up recovery gear.

For all those needing help with directions or more info, please PM me and I'll reply with my number and answers to your questions. Thanks.

P.S. Please let me know if your kids will be joining, I'll be sure to get plenty of candy for them :cookiemonster:

2. Oct 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Very tempting. We have a surpise BDay party sometime around then. If it's not those days I'll see what I can do. Starting to wish I never left Ocean County for Union County.

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    3" Procomp lift kit (ES3000 front struts and ES9000 rear shocks, 3" lift coil springs front and rear) Custom machined 1" UHMW rear spacer lift (made by owner) No front sway bar Custom machined 1" front differential drop (made by owner) Skyjacker 3" lift extended rear sway bar end links Icon Vehicle Dynamics Tubular Upper Control Arms 1/2" Body lift Demello Evil Eye front bumper All-Pro Offroad rear bumper Ricochet Offroad Armor front lower control arm skids Ricochet Offroad Armor HD Skid Plate All-Pro Offroad E-Locker skid SBE rear shock skids/protectors Custom made limb risers 7" round mesh headlight guards ARB Safari Snorkel Outterwares Snorkel pre filter K&N drop in style air filter AFE Catback High-Tuck exhaust Full Scuba mod Midland 40ch CB radio Rear Locker LED gauge light swap done by Alex Emelianoff Daystar LED light switches
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

4. Oct 16, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    Hmm.. I'm definitely thinking about it. I have to be back home on the 31st to drive the hell up to Boston though... spending a week up there for job training.. blech and I have to check into the hotel on Sunday.

5. Oct 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
  6. Oct 16, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
  7. Oct 16, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    link fail...

8. Oct 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    BUMP!!!!!! come on yall! yall still got time to join!!! hope to see yall there!!!!

9. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    Beef Taco00

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ TRD Expedition
    For those who are going, that don't have my number, send me a PM and I'll give it to ya. Also, for those of you going, that have CBs, we will be on channel 3 during the run unless otherwise told after meeting up for the run.

Products Discussed in

To Top