North east camping

Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Patrobs is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Patrick
Patrobs's Tacoma Gallery
North east camping

Hey Guys,
I love to go camping all summer long with my girl and dog. I'm getting kinda tired of just going to campgrounds though. We usually go to the kankamaguss and stay along there or around that area. I was hoping we could start a thread of some good camping places. Maybe some were we could do a little off roading to get to or just some good places to go camping. Anywhere in the Maine, New Hampshire, Mass, Vermont area.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrobs View Post
Hey Guys,
I love to go camping all summer long with my girl and dog. I'm getting kinda tired of just going to campgrounds though. We usually go to the kankamaguss and stay along there or around that area. I was hoping we could start a thread of some good camping places. Maybe some were we could do a little off roading to get to or just some good places to go camping. Anywhere in the Maine, New Hampshire, Mass, Vermont area.
My girlfriend and I camped in Jackman, Maine and it was quite an experience. We were right on one of the lakes up there. It's pretty far north but it was nice and quiet and had plenty of trails for off roading.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
ChadTower is on a distinguished road
ChadTower's Tacoma Gallery
Dude there is no place anywhere with more awesome campgrounds than NH. Look at the state parks website. They are everywhere.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Firefighter:
Patrobs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTower View Post
Dude there is no place anywhere with more awesome campgrounds than NH. Look at the state parks website. They are everywhere.

I agree with you! But I've been to most of them haha
Old 02-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
ChadTower is on a distinguished road
ChadTower's Tacoma Gallery
Heh, well, my favorite area is up and down the Kancamagus and around Pinkham Notch off 93. If you haven't yet try Lafayette Campground by Mt Cannon. Few better anywhere in the US.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
Demon Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Robert
Demon Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lafayette Campground is a great campground,you can bike,fish,and hike all over.There is a hiking trail that goes to the top of a mountain and at the top there is a lake.I carried my bmx bike up that trail and rode it down.It was a lot of fun.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTower View Post
Heh, well, my favorite area is up and down the Kancamagus and around Pinkham Notch off 93. If you haven't yet try Lafayette Campground by Mt Cannon. Few better anywhere in the US.
Kancamagus
Another vote for Jackman, Me
or Acadia National Park along the Maine Coast
Be one of the first to watch the sunrise on Cadillac Mtn.
Or anywhere along the Long Trail in Vt. Little River State Park.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Kancamagus
Another vote for Jackman, Me
or Acadia National Park along the Maine Coast
Be one of the first to watch the sunrise on Cadillac Mtn.
Or anywhere along the Long Trail in Vt. Little River State Park.
Yeah, Acadia is pretty damn awesome!!! I didn't get up early enough to see the sunrise on Cadillac Mtn though... The hiking is incredible and biking the loop road will keep you busy for a while.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yeah, Acadia is pretty damn awesome!!! I didn't get up early enough to see the sunrise on Cadillac Mtn though... The hiking is incredible and biking the loop road will keep you busy for a while.
yes the bike loops, totally forgot about them
Plus I like the food/nightlife intown ... good food and drink and camping and hiking and biking
Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Jeremiah is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremiah
Jeremiah's Tacoma Gallery
Try the Cape?

It gets busy in the height of the summer, but a spot I love is way out on the end, in Truro. North Highland Campground. Just up the road is Head of the Meadow beach. Part of the National Sea Shore Park system (thank you JFK) this beach offers access to over the sand 4 wheeling. (Look up Cape Cod National Sea Shore for all the info). A permit is need, but I think there may be weekly passes or something. The only catch is that the spawning of the piping plover can mess with you plans if your not careful.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
TheITguy is on a distinguished road
TheITguy's Tacoma Gallery
We have a favorite spot, its called Hermit Island in Small Point Maine. They are very particular on what you can do there though. They stopped allowing dogs about 5 or 6 years ago for instance but this place is great, right on the water. Usually go twice a year, once with the gf during the summer , you need to put in your reservations NOW if you want to grab a spot, and then I go with the "guys" the weekend after labor day , no reservations needed off season.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Baxter park in Northern Maine, at the base of Mt Khatadin and hike into Rainbow lake. Beautiful, there here is a picture from last year.
Attached Thumbnails
North east camping-img_3017.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
Firefighter:
Patrobs's Tacoma Gallery
any places that you guys know of that you could actually use our trucks? the more im on this site the more i want to go out west and go camping!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
Firefighter:
Patrobs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBToyota View Post
Go to Baxter park in Northern Maine, at the base of Mt Khatadin and hike into Rainbow lake. Beautiful, there here is a picture from last year.
i have had that one on the list for a while now. looks like ill be bumping it up on the list
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you buy a pass for the Golden Road (Private road owned by paper companies) there are hundreds of miles of old logging roads to explore. I went up there moose hunting and we spent 2 weeks driving the roads and never went on the same road twice. some of the roads are relatively smooth and easy while others get pretty rough with rocks and others are all mud. THere are more lakes, ponds streams and rivers in that area than any one person could cover in 10 years.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #16
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Could you elaborate further? I was on some logging roads last year up at rangley lake and that was awesome! I really wanna camp somewhere you have use our truck for what its designed for to get to
Old 04-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #17

If you go to Greenville and follow the Lily Bay Road to Kokadjo, continue on the road and follw the signs and it will bring to the Golden road. The property up thier is either private (Owned by North Maine Woods) and you have to buy a pass ( $30 a season) or it is part of the state parks (Baxter State park). Once you get up thier there are roads and trails of every type. Find a trail you like and follow it until it ends or comes out somewhere else. When you buy the pass I believe you can camp anywhere you want, you just need to follow the rules for fires and trash, etc... The golden road is 60+ miles long with hundreds of loggin rounds off from it and more roads off from those.
http://www.flipseekllc.com/northmaine2010.html

http://www.northmainewoods.org/index.asp
Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
Firefighter:
Patrobs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBToyota View Post
If you go to Greenville and follow the Lily Bay Road to Kokadjo, continue on the road and follw the signs and it will bring to the Golden road. The property up thier is either private (Owned by North Maine Woods) and you have to buy a pass ( $30 a season) or it is part of the state parks (Baxter State park). Once you get up thier there are roads and trails of every type. Find a trail you like and follow it until it ends or comes out somewhere else. When you buy the pass I believe you can camp anywhere you want, you just need to follow the rules for fires and trash, etc... The golden road is 60+ miles long with hundreds of loggin rounds off from it and more roads off from those.
http://www.flipseekllc.com/northmaine2010.html

http://www.northmainewoods.org/index.asp
Ill be going through kokadjo June 18. We are heading to the Allagash for the week. So beautiful up there!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome info! Thanks alot man
Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few neat trails near the Savoy state forest. My club goes every july, some are stock and some are stupid.