Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

trails in NY

Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
mike.carpenter is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mike.carpenter's Tacoma Gallery
trails in NY

Hey anyone know where there are some good trails to go off roading in orange county ny? thanks guys
Old 04-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.carpenter View Post
Hey anyone know where there are some good trails to go off roading in orange county ny? thanks guys
Not specific to Orange county. I live in Albany county and can find seasonal or unimproved roads on a county specific map.

There is a a map company around here called J-mapco. They have pretty detailed county maps. Get one (convince store or book store should have) and look for road that are seasonal / dirt / unimproved.

Roads are free so no worry about trespassing. Some unimproved raods are pretty rough (and fun!).
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
i live on the other side of the river from you in dutchess county. if you find anything let me know because i know of nothing around here that is legal to wheel on.

check in the nj tacos thread (in the North East regional board) because that group goes down to a place called Stokes in NJ once or twice a month. its about an hour away (maybe a little less for you depending on where you are in orange county). all really great guys, i have wheeled with them twice at Stokes.

also, check this thread out, a bunch of us are going to Rausch Creek for camping/wheeling this weekend. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...il-9-10th.html

sorry i dont know any local spots for you/us, but at least these are some opportunities to get out and wheel with some other Tacos.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Paseo12 is on a distinguished road

Paseo12's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking for a place to off-road at in NY for over a yr and I have yet to find anything.

Like SR54X4 said, there is a meet this weekend with over six other TW members and there Tacomas at Rausch Creek. I went last year and had a blast and am looking forward to this weekend!