1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From Socal to NYC & BOSTON <HELP>

Discussion in 'North East' started by RAD, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    RAD

RAD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    OK Guys,

Help a fellow TW Socal guy out.

I'll be arriving in Boston w/the GF on Friday (4/29).
    Driving from Boston to NYC on Saturday (4/30)
    Back to Boston on Monday (5/1).
    Flying back out on Tuesday (5/2)

So my question is for all the locals. Where to go, where to eat, what to do. This is something I'd like to know. Any helpful tips on what not to do, where not to go. etc.

We plan to drive up the coast on Boston to Maine perhaps.

I'm looking for the BEST Clam Chowder & Seafood also. I've been craving a darn good Clam Chowder. I need to know this! :D

If you're heading to Socal, I can point you to all the local places most don't know of. :p

Thanks in Advance

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:02 AM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    Not a fan of clam chowder myself but if you go to some good seafood restaurants like legal seafood, you sbould be satisfied. Me personally, id recommend anna''s taqueria for mexican, its like chipotle only smaller. Also there are a few "wings over (framingham for example)" and they have outstanding wings obviously, and they are open till 4 am lol... my personal favorite are alot of the local pubs, and a small chain called british beer company. Check it out if you like beer, their pizza is awesome. These are all metro or suburban boston, easily found with google. As for in town, definitely go to quincy market in fanueil(?) Market... a ton of small shops to buy food, pastries, and clothing or souvenirs. If you love pastries, you NEED to go to mikes pastries in the north end. Its within walking distance of quincy market and just about anyone should be able to give you directions. Any otber questions ill try to belp you out! Oh yeah and nyc try katz deli... best pastrami sandwich ive ever had

3. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM
    jackwithcorona

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Oh yeah if there is time, do the freedom trail with your girl, the history in boston is unmatched, and that will give you a brief overview on alot of important things that happened during the revolution.

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:06 AM
    jackwithcorona

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Oh yeah one last thing, in nyc, go to the WTC, and visit the fire station called the "ten house" and right next to it, the memorial to the events on 9/11 is the best ive seen, truly a memorial experience. Im done now lol

5. Apr 28, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    I wouldnt recommend Legal seafood as a must go-to place while visiting. Been there, done that and I think its much more of a name thing than it is a quality seafood place...I just dont find anything special about it honestly.

Boston to Maine might be too much in short period of time, but if you wind up in Portland, fivefiftyfive restaurant was outstanding.

Agreed on Freedom Trail. If its a nice day out, the trail is fun to walk and you'll see some cool historical locations. http://thefreedomtrail.org/visitor/visitor.html

Whats your interests? Have you ever been here before? That helps to narrow down places to see and things to do.

6. Apr 28, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    pAP

pAP ==========

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5
    ARB locker and OBA, All Pro front & rear bumper, All Pro IFS skid & modified t-case skid, Custom Trans Skid., 4x Innovations sliders, Custom tire carrier/bed bars, Warn Winch, Fox 2.5" Front coilover, Walker Evans 2.5" rear Shock, All pro Leaf, All Pro U-bolt flip, Baja Designs lights, PIA 510 lights, TRD exhaust cut back, Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb
    When you get the Boston, you definitely want to hit the Union Oyster House. I love the place! Its right in Faneuil Hall. . Really good seafood and one of the oldest restaurants in America. Maybe not the best Chowda but pretty damn good!

Faneuil Hall area is a good place to visit as well... Little Italy is right there and you cant go wrong with most of the resuarants there

Pap

7. Apr 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    from So Cal to the East Coast and you're pointing him to Mexican food??? Come on! The best Mexican food is in Mexico, I mean So Cal! And wings, pizza???? He's looking for Chowder!! I love when people answer questions that aren't asked! :D

8. Apr 28, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Mike's Pasteries in Boston's North End! There's usually a line but it's worth it. I'd stay away from Legal Seafood as BlueT said. It's got great food, but nothing spectacular. British Beer Company is alright, if you like beer visit the Sunset Grille in Allston. They have a full menu of beers, something like 200+ beers on tap and lots more in bottles. The food is pretty decent also but it can get crowded on the weekends. I'd look up Phantom Gourmet, they do ratings on a bunch of little hole in the wall places in New England and the food at some of them is incredible and cheap! They're on TV on the weekends but have a website with their reviews of various places in MA, CT, RI, NH and ME.

And, as others have mentioned, Quincy Market in Faneul Hall is worth the trip.

9. Apr 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    RAD

RAD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Dude , you guys are AWESOME.

We've gathered a ton of info and we're just about off. I'm really excited and NO, i've never been to the east coast.

Yes, I will not be having Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Peruvian, Indian food while I'm out there. Why? I've had the best out here in Socal. That is coming from people I know that lived IN NY that no resides out here.

So I will be taking your other quality advice and working with it.

Thanks so much guys!

If you got more help, tips,advice, I'm all EARS!

CHEEERRRS!

10. Apr 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    jackwithcorona

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    hey i tried my best. he asked for restaurants, i gave him my opinion of my favorites. i dont eat seafood so what do you want me to say? its all good food regardless of where you come from

Products Discussed in

To Top