Notices

Bling Lights eBay fog lites

Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
kolie is on a distinguished road
Navy: air crew, ASW patrol sqdn, VP-49
Name: Bob
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
Bling Lights eBay fog lites

Anybody have any experience with Bling Lights Company, who sells Tacoma Fog Lights on eBay?

Are they any good? Quality?

Check out eBay for these listings.

Thx.
Kolie
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
SirGeoff is on a distinguished road
Name: Geoff
SirGeoff's Tacoma Gallery
Question Bling Fog Lights

Bob,
Did you ever find anything out about the Bling Fog lights? I've just been looking at them myself - they sound too good to e true at less than $70!!! my concern is how compatible they are with the bumper mountings and if my 2006 is actually pre-wired through to one of the blanks in the switch panel, and if so is the Bling switch compatible?
Hope you can help...

Geoff
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
'Bling Lites'

I received the lights. Have not yet installed them in my 2011.
lite / housing looks 'stout'.

Included 'switch' cheap crap, so I'll buy something better.

I have planned on installing these fogs for the last 5 week ends already.......you know how that works!

I'll let you know how they turn out.

I am looking for an easy conversion for two speed wwipers to intermittent. Any help here?

best regards,
Kolie
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolie View Post
I received the lights. Have not yet installed them in my 2011.
lite / housing looks 'stout'.

Included 'switch' cheap crap, so I'll buy something better.

I have planned on installing these fogs for the last 5 week ends already.......you know how that works!

I'll let you know how they turn out.

I am looking for an easy conversion for two speed wwipers to intermittent. Any help here?

best regards,
Kolie
I havent orderd the intermitant wiper part but am told part 84652-04141 fits and works correctly for our trucks.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
Question Bling...

Would be really curious to hear how the installation works. I actually popped out what the handbook points out as the approriate fog light blank - namely the first blank (let side) on the top row of switch blanks - only to find there is no plug or wiring behind it!!! Perhaps someone can tell me if there is another blank that has the plug-in? Suprised when I checked the hand book that there are switches available for steep-hill decline assist and positrac engaging??? Guess my model was more "basic" than I thought!!! - still 4 or 5 blanks that I can't even guess what they are for???
I did ask Bing how easy the installation was for my 2006 Tacoma, and they said they would pre-send me the instructions (hopefully it is Tacoma specific, and lets me know what wiring exists and what I need to modify, as well as whether the actual lights fit in the bumper on the manufacturer's fittings?).
Will hold of ordering until I hear if the installation complexity warrants the cost saving of these lights (especially if the switch isn't very good - I would hope for one that has the light indicating that the lights are on - or is that too much?)
Cheers,
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
Bling Lites

The Bling kit includes a schematic, wiring harness and switch. No big deal to do.

I just need the time to do it!!

Later,
Kolie
Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
I havent orderd the intermitant wiper part but am told part 84652-04141 fits and works correctly for our trucks.
It sure does, 10 minutes that'll make your commuting in foul weather much better. Don't forget to add oem cruise, it's just as easy and about 100.00 in parts....
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
Bling fog lights

OK, I think I have conceeded that I don't have a pre-wired fog light switch, but hopefully the wiring reaches at least to the fuse box, and that I can plug into the plug at the back of the fog light orifice with the Bing unit!!!
On the understanding that the Bing switch is not sized for the toyota switch "blank", and the fact that I would like to get a toggle switch with an amber light to indicate that it is on - any suggestions please? i.e. Toyota or other brands that fit the switch "blank" hole.

Talking of "cruise" I do have what appears to be the standard toyota cruise control - that flimsy bar on the lower righ of the wheel, which looks like someone took a piece of plastic and a suction cup, and stuck it below the windshieild wipers!!! but the fact is that when I set it, it's fine until I go up a slope, when it suddenly decides to take off at mach-3 until it exceeds the cruise speed by about 5 -10km/hr, and then slowly eases off to the cruise speed - I'm just weaiting for the police to stop me for speeding, and trying to explain it was my cruise control!!!

Love my Tacoma but it does have its challenges.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
BLING LITES

YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO GET AN UPGRADE SWITCH ANYWAY. THE INCLUDED SWITCH HAS TO BE FITTED IN ONE OF THE DASH BLANKS. WIRING HARNESS LOOKS OK.

YOU CAN ADD A LITE MONITOR AS WELL.

TOYOTA'S DO NOT INCLUDE A SWITCH IF THE FOGS ARE NOT INSTALLED.
WHY TOYOTA DID NOT INCLUDE FOGS, INTERMITTENT WIPERS ON THE 'SPARTAN' MODEL IS IDIOTIC!

IN MY DAY [ HELL I AM AN OLD GUY], YOUR PICK-UP HAD TWO DOORS,A BENCH SEAT, AND A BED FOR HAULING THINGS! NOW THEY HAVE FOUR DOORS, CAPS, ETC. ETC. A.C., STEREO, BLU TOOTH, BUILT IN BARS.....

JUST MY OPINION!
KOLIE