SCION 2011

Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
kolie is on a distinguished road
Navy: air crew, ASW patrol sqdn, VP-49
Name: Bob
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
Question SCION 2011

Slight change in topic..........

Wife has a 2011 SCION TC. These cars have one back-up light, but provisions for two!

I understand it is Toyota SCION's way to maintain an asymmetrical look! [What in the hell is this???]

I need a light socket [ just like the driver's side] to wire it in myself. Any idea where to get one of these sockets and a harness?

Any changeover / crossover or substitution suggestions out there?

Kolie
Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I know what youre talking abouand I wouldn't worry about it. Im sure if scion sold it like that then it is street legal as it is.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
kolie is on a distinguished road
Navy: air crew, ASW patrol sqdn, VP-49
Name: Bob
kolie's Tacoma Gallery
SCION Back up Light

Agree with your assessment that a 'single back-up light' is street legal.....but, if there is a lens and an opening, why not run two lights?

The better lit the back of the car is during reverse, the better!

Poor engineering on behalf of Toyota not to have the light installed!

I need to find a source for a socket, bulb, and a piece of wiring harness. Real simple addition with major benefits as I see it!

Getting old is a bitch............

Kolie
Old 05-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
How do you think they sell them for so cheap? If they had a wiring harness on the other side for the backup light that car would cost $30K.