Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Rausch creek trip ?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Wow my thred blew up lol im plannin on begining to mid june fri, sat, sun trip im working on skids an sliders but im spending 3k on the truck this month as it is so itll be tough lol got a family to takd care of lol... What u guys think should be first skids or sliders?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #42
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
So while on the subject of skids..

I want to get a full set of either Bud Built or Armor Tech Offroad.
I know alot of people like ATO because the front skid is 1/4" while BB is only 3/16"
The rest of the skids by both companies are 3/16", so do I really need a 1/4" for the front? I like that the bolts on BB are countersunk to be flush and smooth while ATO they stick out and I feel they could possibly get smashed up on rocks and make it difficult to remove in the future.

BB appears to have a wider front skid, doesn't need the exhaust re-routed, and has a gas tank skid. total price- $900 for 5 piece skids

ATO is closer so I could go pick it up, I would feel good about supporting Kevin, front skid is thicker. total price- $773 for front, transfer, transmission

Also I currently have Diff Drop Spacers installed, so if that matters.. please let me know.

I will get the chance to see BB on Joe's truck this weekend, and ATO on Boyd's truck, so that should help, but I'd like to hear what anyone else has to say about it.

Thanks!
ATO's on Chaddo's rig. Not really an issue with the bolts......and he scrubbed a lot of rocks with them.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #43
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So while on the subject of skids..

I want to get a full set of either Bud Built or Armor Tech Offroad.
I know alot of people like ATO because the front skid is 1/4" while BB is only 3/16"
The rest of the skids by both companies are 3/16", so do I really need a 1/4" for the front? I like that the bolts on BB are countersunk to be flush and smooth while ATO they stick out and I feel they could possibly get smashed up on rocks and make it difficult to remove in the future.

BB appears to have a wider front skid, doesn't need the exhaust re-routed, and has a gas tank skid. total price- $900 for 5 piece skids

ATO is closer so I could go pick it up, I would feel good about supporting Kevin, front skid is thicker. total price- $773 for front, transfer, transmission

Also I currently have Diff Drop Spacers installed, so if that matters.. please let me know.

Thanks!
x2
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #44
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
x2
I just read through this thread.. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-you-like.html
I'm kinda thinking ATO, also because I'll have an ELITE offroad bumper, which no one has mounted skids too yet, so i'd like to drive down and have kevin make sure everything will work before I try to install them.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #45
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just read through this thread.. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-you-like.html
I'm kinda thinking ATO, also because I'll have an ELITE offroad bumper, which no one has mounted skids too yet, so i'd like to drive down and have kevin make sure everything will work before I try to install them.

Iv read that thread before, I will have a relentless bumper hopefully this week, only skid i know will work good is ato, I really dont need 1/4" tho.

I also have diff drop, and dont wanna move my exhaust.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #46
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
for any guys without skids/sliders (like me) we can go try our luck on the new side. its fun over there.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #47
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Iv read that thread before, I will have a relentless bumper hopefully this week, only skid i know will work good is ato, I really dont need 1/4" tho.

I also have diff drop, and dont wanna move my exhaust.
Yea I still need to find out about the diff drop, but as far as the exhaust, apparently you can use a spacer to make it work, and I plan on re-routing the exhaust for performance reasons anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR54x4 View Post
for any guys without skids/sliders (like me) we can go try our luck on the new side. its fun over there.
Yea Mark you can lead the greens! (better than scott...)

just kidding scott.. you've always been a good leader.. never steered us wrong
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #48
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
maybe i will win the lotto and have sliders/skids by this trip and can follow on the blues...

chances are i wont, so i can lead the greens
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #49
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Something to think about with the skids JLink. with the exhaust relocation on the ATO skids you will be at the same price as bud skids but have 1.5" more clearance back there!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #51
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post

yep always plenty of room
plus camping / fire is half the fun too
Is there a set date yet? , goin put it on the calender and try to make it. Yes I agree and camping/fire is the main event.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #52
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
you guys can definately count me in....my taco is completely stock but i have a 1990 cherokee thats lifted and on 33s....if i can get the brakes sorted out and jimmy rig the steering il go anywhere with it....its a piece of junk but runs real strong and already has some battle scars so no worries if i roll it haha

guess il have to get going on it
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #54
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
beech creek meet this weekend
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #55
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I'm going to the Big Dogs spring fling event in a few weeks, June 10-12 if anyone else is interested. This place is in VA and it's pretty similar to Rausch terrain-wise
Bigdogs isnt really like Rausch, They have numbers 1-10, 1-4 fire roads green, 5-7 is more like a purple at Rausch and 8-10 is stright trail truck/buggys.

But its a good time, Full skids, full armor , sliders and lockers(atleast rear locked)
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #56
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JUNE 25 & 26th Work for anyone????
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #58
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I say July..............
too hot n buggy
see youz at the beach
Old 05-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #59
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I say July..............
X2
Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Coil you can be my wingman!

Yea, Hope theres a date set soon