LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Shops in up-state NY

Old 05-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
MTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to behold
Army: 10th MTN DIV
Name: Matt
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MTNmann
Shops in up-state NY

Hey everyone! I just bought a new Taco and am dying to get a lift on it. I live up in Watertown NY and dont really know of any good shops to get a lift from. Everyone around here wants to put spacers on the truck, and that is not what im looking for. I dont mind driving around if that means I can get some good work done. Anything helps.

Also, I have been looking for some trails to get my tires dirty on. Any suggestions around this area. Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNmann View Post
Hey everyone! I just bought a new Taco and am dying to get a lift on it. I live up in Watertown NY and dont really know of any good shops to get a lift from. Everyone around here wants to put spacers on the truck, and that is not what im looking for. I dont mind driving around if that means I can get some good work done. Anything helps.

Also, I have been looking for some trails to get my tires dirty on. Any suggestions around this area. Thanks
I don't know if a shop is the right place to buy a lift from. At list not a shop from Upstate NY. The fact that they suggest you to install spacers,,, prove that - they don't know what the hell they are talking.
Try to use the net, Toytec, Whellers , TRDparts4u, these are few stores that are also sponsors here. They will get you a better deals then any locals shop.
When is about installing,,, there is no science there. Any decent mechanic can do it in one day, front and rear. Most of the kits are coming with decent installation info. All is left is a good alignment.

Good luck

Ps. stay away from any kits with exposed shafts. Salt and sand will destroy it. Don't ask how I found out.