1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maryland surfing

Discussion in 'North East' started by DevilDogTacoma, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Jul 5, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    DevilDogTacoma

DevilDogTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6 DCSB
    Flowmaster 40 Muffler, 15% Front Window and Windshield Sun Strip Tint, Antennax 14" Antenna, OME 3" Lift w/AAL, SlimCubby 6000K HID headlights and foglights, Thule tailgate pad for surfboards, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x9 XD Addicts, LED map, dome and tag lights
    Hey does anyone in Maryland know any surfing spots on the Chesapeake Bay? I'm pretty new to surfing, but I'm hoping there's a spot a little closer than driving from Carroll County to Ocean City every time I want to hit the waves.

2. Jul 5, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    ocean city is not a good place to surf waves are big enough

3. Jul 5, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    DevilDogTacoma

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6 DCSB
    Flowmaster 40 Muffler, 15% Front Window and Windshield Sun Strip Tint, Antennax 14" Antenna, OME 3" Lift w/AAL, SlimCubby 6000K HID headlights and foglights, Thule tailgate pad for surfboards, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x9 XD Addicts, LED map, dome and tag lights
    you actually don't need huge waves to surf, you can catch some pretty small ones. When I first learned, it was on little rolling swells on Maui. The waves in Ocean City have been pretty rough the last couple times I've been out there.

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    east coast... gotta take what you can get. I dont know about the Chesapeake but i have heard ocean city is doing well right now ( compared to delaware). i dont think there are waves in the Chesapeake, no?

i went out west and everyone thought i was a maniac because i was going for every wave because they were all awesome compared to my area

5. Jul 6, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    757southpaw

757southpaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM
    I live on the lower chesapeake bay. There are only waves during hurricanes and noreasters. Good luck with your search!

6. Jul 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    DevilDogTacoma

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6 DCSB
    I know what you mean! yeah the waves out here are like one in a dozen are actually good. I've been out to Ocean City twice in the last couple weeks and the waves were pretty sweet both times.

I thought about just keeping an eye on the weather reports and hitting the Bay when a storm rolls through.

7. Aug 3, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    drive.n.surf

drive.n.surf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB 4x4 OR
    Bilstein 5100's all around, front @1.75", rear AAL 1.5", TRD CAT-back exhaust, Pop n' Lock, Smittybilt nerfs, Toyota roof racks, Spyder LED tail lights, LED third brake light, Undercover Classic tonneau, color-matched grill, debadged and replaced with Sockmonkey decals
    I just Googled the distance from Carroll County to Ocean City MD, about 160 miles one way!? That's damn far just to go surfing! I drive regularly 120 miles and I thought I had it bad. Good for you for being so dedicated and determined. Much respect. I used to live on the East coast. All I can tell you is get wet whenever you can !

8. Aug 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    No surfin in the Chesapeake Bay.

Ocean City, Fenwick Island, Rehobeth Beach, or Bethany Beach is the best you're gonna do in this area.

The East Coast isn't really know for it's surfin. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top