1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking for someone local with a welder and some skills

Discussion in 'North East' started by packfan88, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Sep 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    packfan88

packfan88 [OP] Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    I am located in Bloomfield, Exit 148 on the Parkway. I have a small compressor tank I am mounting under the bed of my truck. The tank has a drain cock for letting out built up water, but the way I need to mount it (on its side) the drain ends up being in the wrong place. So I need someone with a welder who knows how to weld somethign sort of small to help me get the drain relocated.

I ordered 3 of these
    http://www.mcmaster.com
    item# 4513K71

[​IMG]
    tank plugs by PackFan88, on Flickr

So its one of those fittings, and a standard compressor tank. Its a small tank thats powder coated, but I can bring a grinder. im sure you have one but i'll bring mine if you want. Just need to grind off the powder coating, drill a hole, welder it up and test it for the ability to hold air.

I dont weld so Im kinda in a bind. I asked a fwe places I knw oof that sort of do welding and they all say they cant do it. I can throw you a few bucks, trade you something or help you do something in return. Whatever you need to help me out.

I can come by on Saturday or Sunday or during the week after 6pm (depending on how far). If its on the weekend, I am willing to travel a good distance. Of course the closer the better, but as the sayin goes .....beggars cant be choosers.

If you cant help but know of some place like a shop of whatever that can offer this service I am all ears. Let me kow.

So yeah, if anyone can handle this.....let me know.

Thanks
    Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top