Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

NJ offroad shop?

Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
NJ offroad shop?

I am looking for a shop that does alot of work on offroad vehicles, anyone know of any?

thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Carroll's Rod & Racecraft in Spotswood, NJ can fabricate anything. They've built a pile of rock crawlers and I had them handle all the fabrication on my truck.

http://www.rodandracecraft.com

What are you looking to build?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

for now just need my body mounts modded.. but at some point a flatbed + internal cage.

also maybe a rear bumper like the armorology one
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
Rock Solid Toy

are you mike? the guy on their site with Taco?

I saw your posts on TTORA i believe, nice rig man!!! its nice to know there are people capable of that kind of work in NJ
Old 11-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that's me. And thanks.

The body mounts, flatbed, bumper, internal cage, etc. would be no problem for them. At this point they're intimately familiar with the 05+ trucks. My cage is 2" chromoly due to SCORE requirements, but with smaller diameter tubing they'll be able to get a even tighter fit in an access cab.

Other shops actually outsource fabrication and rollcage work to these guys. They also have a waterjet on site so if you've got any funky designs you'd like cut into the metal, they can set that up.

Give Bob a call at 732-416-9887 before you're ready to have the work done. They've got a few projects going on right now but they should be able to squeeze you into the schedule for the body mount work.
Attached Thumbnails
NJ offroad shop?-img_2389.jpg  
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy

1 question, how do you get in and out of your truck? lol
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #7

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
A common question. It's surprisingly easy. It's still a door slammer and the side bars just about follow the lines of the new seats so it's not much of a stretch.

I was shocked by how comfortable the truck still is -- those angled tubes don't get in the way at all...once your feet are inside.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Rock Solid Toy

I talked to Bob? (i think) today, great refferal man!! that place is exactly what i was looking for.. he said he was going to look at your truck to see what the body mount mod would entail.

thanks man!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #9

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
No problem! I stopped by the shop today to BS and discuss what I saw at the race in Mexico. Bob stopped in the middle of the conversation to take a walk outside and check under my truck. What you're looking for should be no problem at all!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
Rock Solid Toy

awesome! Hey, if you dont mind my asking, what does a cage similar to what you have run? I dont need exact figures, but a ballpark would do... Ive been planning a lot for my truck, and an internal/bedcage is high on my list
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
awesome! Hey, if you dont mind my asking, what does a cage similar to what you have run? I dont need exact figures, but a ballpark would do... Ive been planning a lot for my truck, and an internal/bedcage is high on my list
Mine's overkill due to SCORE requirements. 2" .120 wall chromoly plus all of the joints are gusseted. I have about $5000 in materials alone.

Mild steel, smaller diameter tubing, and no gussets will make for a very affordable, incredibly strong cage. Bob's welds are a thing of beauty; the gussets are only to satisfy SCORE tech.

You'll pay straight time + materials. Every one of these cages is custom built but he'll be able to give you a solid estimate when you talk to him.

Let me know if/when you'll be stopping by the shop. I'd like to swing by and see what you've got planned!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:48 AM   #12
Rock Solid Toy

will do man, I'll probably be making the trip sooner than later, i have to get my bumper and springs installed today then body mount mod is urgent

ill post in here when i know for sure

are you going LT?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Rear will be a spring-under conversion, but class 7sx rules require that I keep the stock lower control arms so no LT for me.

I do have some tricks lined up to increase durability, but I'll wait until they're done to post details.