1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Discussion in 'North East' started by ST3VE, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mar 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE [OP] IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Then send me a picture to use.

2. Mar 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    I have some polishes you can try if you like. To me the polish was the tough find when I was looking for a polish I liked. I have quite a few polishes that I tried and liked sitting on the shelf. The Menzerna line of polishes are just so easy to work with and correct the paint with one pass or maybe two passes if there is a lot of spiderwebbing and such. The sad reality od it is that polishes cost more than waxes, generally speaking.

I would use two coats of Zaino topped with two coats of wax to have a really nice deep shine. If you have time you might want to look at applying 5 coats of Zaino doing 2 coats on the 1st day and 1 coat on the next 3 days. Your paint will have a really stellar finish. Then add two coats of a decent wax for your car color to give the finish a deep wet look on top of the Zaino.

I started topping Zaino with a wax about 5 years ago and have not looke back. It really makes a difference.

To you guys that are not really into the cars finish using a sealant really works to protect the vehicles clear coat. Bird bombs happen and if left on the finish it will and can etch into the clear coat. A decent sealant will prevent this from happening. If you are looking for a decent sealant that will not break the bank Megs 21 will do the job.

3. Mar 21, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Post it Biatch!

4. Mar 21, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Alright where do I sign up. I want you to detail my truck and see if you can get my swirl marks out. Cuz nobody else seems to be able to.

5. Mar 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Sent PM

6. Mar 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Hey guys question I found 5 fj 17's the 8 holes wheels the same ones that come on the 4runner trail. The guy wants $500 for them is it worth it? Only ran from July and switched in October in great shape. Is it worth is the guys like 2.5-3 hours a way but willing to meet me which I would only have like a little over an hour drive
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363888185.367832.jpg

7. Mar 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
  8. Mar 21, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    Hey guys what's up?

9. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    cintocrunch

cintocrunch Special Substitute Guest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport MGM 6MT
    Anytime fogs, Leer Tonneau
    No issues with burning through the finish? I am using a DA orbital so I shouldn't have any issues but I generally do one coat of polish once a year unless I need a more aggressive cut, which I would follow up with a finishing polish.

Right now I am layering Opti-Seal with Collinite 845...I apply a top coat wax like Mother's Reflection or another top coat only every 1-3 months depending on the time of year...

I think they look cool on Tacoma's...

Hey...

10. Mar 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Damn Tom... that looks like you dipped it in wax... Epic Job! :thumbsup:

My truck is too far gone. :pout:

11. Mar 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list

No way its as bad as mine..

Will let you know how mine comes out when i get the time to get my truck over to Tom and see what kinda magic he can do on a far from perfect paintjob. :D

12. Mar 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    cintocrunch

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    With time and the right products/tools, Tom will work some magic...How about a local detailing meet?

13. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Tacoma1991

Tacoma1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Bel Air, Md
    Vehicle:
    2005 Access Cab 4.0 TRD
    Toolbox, 5100 billies all the way around front at 2.5" and rear 2" add a leaf
    well got my tires today and they look massive hopefully i wont encounter to many problems with them

14. Mar 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    What size did you go with?

15. Mar 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I only polish when needed to keep the clear coat as thhick as I can. Both vehicles are garage kept so it is a lot easier. If I think the wax build up is too much I hit it with a very low cut polish with a blue pad. A blue pad has little to no cut.

All three products are realy nice. Any reason for the Mothers Reflections over another coat of the Collinite every 3 months?

You wold be suprised at what a polish, seal and wax job will do for an aged daily driver.

We should really set one up for the spring.

16. Mar 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    PrezidentRedz

PrezidentRedz Uncivilized Creations Prez

Member:
    First Name:
    Redz
    Owings, MD
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Xtra Cab, Locked and Lifted.
    Custom Everything! WHAT º¿º

HaHa

17. Mar 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    ST3VE

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Click then like.

18. Mar 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    cintocrunch

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    My parents bought it for me for christmas so I just use it as a "touch up" wax...I think it provides a deeper shine than the Collinite but I seriously doubt it has the longevity...

Nice fish but who's that ugly motherfucker in the picture?

19. Mar 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Yup I know a couple of guys that use Collinite and they rave about the longevity.

20. Mar 24, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    hk499

hk499 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma PreRunner Sr5
    New 2000 PreRunner owner from Baltimore here, are there any 2wd friendly fireroads in MD I can check out? And whoever has the taco with the MD TRD stickers in the city, that is a sweet truck

Products Discussed in

To Top