Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #7161
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
My girlfriend is on spring break and is coming up for a long weekend this week. I took Friday off of work and we are going to do a day trip somewhere.. Do you guys think havre de grace or st michaels would be a better day trip? I've never been to either place. We were originally thinking Gettysburg but it looks like it might rain
Gettsburg is awesome, go anyway. have you ever been?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #7162
greengen1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
greengen1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My girlfriend is on spring break and is coming up for a long weekend this week. I took Friday off of work and we are going to do a day trip somewhere.. Do you guys think havre de grace or st michaels would be a better day trip? I've never been to either place. We were originally thinking Gettysburg but it looks like it might rain
Gettysburg,doesnt matter if it rains they have a new visitors center their its huge also a self guide driving tour,also plenty to do if nice out
Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #7163
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
Gettsburg is awesome, go anyway. have you ever been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengen1 View Post
Gettysburg,doesnt matter if it rains they have a new visitors center their its huge also a self guide driving tour,also plenty to do if nice out
I've been a few times but not in a while. She's from SW VA though and has never been north of MD. I really want to take her there because i know she will like it.. Last time i was there was like 8 years ago though so I didn't know there was a driving tour and everything. I'll definitely have to look into that more!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #7164
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been a few times but not in a while. She's from SW VA though and has never been north of MD. I really want to take her there because i know she will like it.. Last time i was there was like 8 years ago though so I didn't know there was a driving tour and everything. I'll definitely have to look into that more!

I bought the self guided cd tour. It was really cool. I'll post a few pics later. One of my favorite places I've been lately and I definitely want to go back soon. Even if it was raining you drive most of it.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #7165

Yea you to the visitor center to get info or you just drive the park and follow the signs ,but you are better off getting the map I cant remember if there is a fee for it but it worth it and there are places to park and walk up to see
Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #7166
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
I bought the self guided cd tour. It was really cool. I'll post a few pics later. One of my favorite places I've been lately and I definitely want to go back soon. Even if it was raining you drive most of it.
Alright cool. yea, the last time I was there was a field trip in like 9th Grade or something so I didnt really get the whole experience like when I've been with family.

Maybe I could find a detour on the way home and get a little dirty..
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #7167
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Gaunt596;8443890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoCuban View Post

Cool. im getting a cap this month sometime, probably gonna be a Leer 180, as id like to be able to sleep in it.
yea im tryin to get one before next winter rolls around. I wanted a snugtop but theyre too hard to get a hold of out here. so I was just gonna go with the leer 100xq or the leer 100xl. which do u think is better?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #7168
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I have been in talks with a company that does custom work. I've been thinking on getting my interior pieces hydro-dipped. I think it would look pretty cool in some kinda black/gray pattern. I have also been thinking about ways to get my truck to really stand out...
What would you guys think about black and gray real fire, airbrushed on the entire front end. It would cover the whole bumper, grille and most of the hood and fenders. No red or orange.. just black and gray?

Personally I think it has potential to look bad ass. However the wife thinks I am ridiculous and is trying to talk me down from "ruining my truck". Thoughts??
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #7169
Executive Procrastinator
AlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Midshipman, United States Naval Academy Class of '15
Name: Chris
AlbinoCuban's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TicoTRD;8446331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
yea im tryin to get one before next winter rolls around. I wanted a snugtop but theyre too hard to get a hold of out here. so I was just gonna go with the leer 100xq or the leer 100xl. which do u think is better?
I honestly have no idea, mate. I've never owned a cap but personally the only difference I see between those two is the aesthetics and maybe a bit of the security? It would probably just come down to price for me on those. I'm looking for a bit of height in mine since I want to sleep in there.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #7170
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
whoa... all the quotes in this thread just went to hell in a handbasket....
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #7171
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
I have been in talks with a company that does custom work. I've been thinking on getting my interior pieces hydro-dipped. I think it would look pretty cool in some kinda black/gray pattern. I have also been thinking about ways to get my truck to really stand out...
What would you guys think about black and gray real fire, airbrushed on the entire front end. It would cover the whole bumper, grille and most of the hood and fenders. No red or orange.. just black and gray?

Personally I think it has potential to look bad ass. However the wife thinks I am ridiculous and is trying to talk me down from "ruining my truck". Thoughts??
I think it would be cool. Dooo et!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #7172
Executive Procrastinator
AlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Midshipman, United States Naval Academy Class of '15
Name: Chris
AlbinoCuban's Tacoma Gallery
They can't handle us.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #7173

Quote:

Why not get some vinyl graphics that way if u dont like there easly removed versus a new paint job.either way your wife will complain Id make sure to make her ride in it everywere
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #7174
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

idk about red and orange flames but that's just me. have you looked into ghost flames? like a flame maybe a couple shades darker I think would look really cool. just my .02
Old 04-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #7175
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do the flames in black and gray. I don't like the red and orange either. My truck is all black and silver. And to wrap the front end is out of the question because the shop that is going to sponsor my truck doesn't do wraps.

I would hate to paint the trucks front end and hate it. Ya dig?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #7176

TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd do the flames in black and gray. I don't like the red and orange either. My truck is all black and silver. And to wrap the front end is out of the question because the shop that is going to sponsor my truck doesn't do wraps.

I would hate to paint the trucks front end and hate it. Ya dig?
yea I feel ya. id honestly have to see some sketches first. but id say go for it. like I always say "no risk, no reward."
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #7177

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I tried to find a truck or car in the paint job that I am looking for and it doesn't seem that there is anything out there in the same manner that I am looking to get done. Mostly hot rods and muscle cars with an overwhelming amount of red and orange flames.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #7179

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Its a tough call to just sand down the truck and paint it. It sucks that I can't find someone that has done this before. I'd hate to turn this free paint job down but it's looking to be that way.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #7180

Quote:
Its a tough call to just sand down the truck and paint it. It sucks that I can't find someone that has done this before. I'd hate to turn this free paint job down but it's looking to be that way.
Silver Ghost flames look amazing if its done well, and they don't look ridiculous. However, if the guy doing paint has a crappy day they look terrible, in the end its your call an you can always have it repainted if you dont like it.

Products Discussed in this Thread