Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #7161
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
I'd do the flames in black and gray. I don't like the red and orange either. My truck is all black and silver. And to wrap the front end is out of the question because the shop that is going to sponsor my truck doesn't do wraps.

I would hate to paint the trucks front end and hate it. Ya dig?
yea I feel ya. id honestly have to see some sketches first. but id say go for it. like I always say "no risk, no reward."
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #7162
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I tried to find a truck or car in the paint job that I am looking for and it doesn't seem that there is anything out there in the same manner that I am looking to get done. Mostly hot rods and muscle cars with an overwhelming amount of red and orange flames.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #7164
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Its a tough call to just sand down the truck and paint it. It sucks that I can't find someone that has done this before. I'd hate to turn this free paint job down but it's looking to be that way.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #7165
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a tough call to just sand down the truck and paint it. It sucks that I can't find someone that has done this before. I'd hate to turn this free paint job down but it's looking to be that way.
Silver Ghost flames look amazing if its done well, and they don't look ridiculous. However, if the guy doing paint has a crappy day they look terrible, in the end its your call an you can always have it repainted if you dont like it.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #7166
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been in talks with a company that does custom work. I've been thinking on getting my interior pieces hydro-dipped. I think it would look pretty cool in some kinda black/gray pattern. I have also been thinking about ways to get my truck to really stand out...
What would you guys think about black and gray real fire, airbrushed on the entire front end. It would cover the whole bumper, grille and most of the hood and fenders. No red or orange.. just black and gray?

Personally I think it has potential to look bad ass. However the wife thinks I am ridiculous and is trying to talk me down from "ruining my truck". Thoughts??
April fools?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #7167

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Nah. It's legit. I think it's a good idea honestly. But I am going to think about it prety good before i decide to go with this because it could be a disaster if I don't like the final product. The guy can airbrush real good but it's my truck that is going to look completely different. Everything I've done to my truck took getting use to. But this is more or less perminate.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #7168
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Realistic airbrushed flames are awesome if done right and subtle like ghost flames there's a few vehicle around here with them hard to find there's used to be a cycle shop in the area the one guy was really good at airbrushing flames
Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #7170
upside down in a Taco at 55mph
greengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
greengen1's Tacoma Gallery
Did my spring frame check(self exam) looks good minimal surface rust started grinding away and repainting today
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #7172
greengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
My may will consist of that. Going to rust encapsolate my shit
Probably gonna do that to the inside of frame normally coat with oil in the fall but thats messy.Eastwood makes a good product or so I read.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #7174

Quote:
Used it on hotrods, once you seal them up, they are pretty much good. Haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood).
Where do you get it at auto paint suppliers? Rather not order anything online for awhile since my wifes credit card info was stolen twice over the holidays.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #7176
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
Finally ordered myself a go pro
Old 04-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #7177

Quote:
Straight from eastwood :/
Thats what I thought but like I said our credit card info was stolen and Im leary of using online .some one charged 400 bucks at victoria secrets and a few other highend retailers
Old 04-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #7179
Don't Let Your Meatloaf
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengen1 View Post
Thats what I thought but like I said our credit card info was stolen and Im leary of using online .some one charged 400 bucks at victoria secrets and a few other highend retailers
Man, thats horrible. I'll dig around and see where it is sold.

Here is one place:

Retail Store:
Eastwood Company
263 Shoemaker Road
Pottstown PA 19464-6433 USA

Lol, have Craig (HomerTaco) get it for you and mail it to you.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #7180
Executive Procrastinator
AlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlbinoCuban is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Midshipman, United States Naval Academy Class of '15
Name: Chris
AlbinoCuban's Tacoma Gallery
It's sad that it took me a day or two to figure out that you all aren't just obsessed with Mexican cuisine with all of the taco screen names

Products Discussed in this Thread