Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

MARYLAND TACOMAS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #8121
NJDBFTW
The Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hunter
The Hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Icon coils will NOT work on billies
Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #8123
NJDBFTW
The Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Thank you Hunter. You know i have no idea
I saw no one else gave a definite answer

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ling-ship.html

Also extending this out to the Maryland guys... 25$ a wheel for you guys if you need one
Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #8125
NJDBFTW

Quote:
Aw man....your wheels caught the cancer too?! Man that sucks

Glws though
had cancer when I bought em last year black sport wheels and Duratracs are getting put on Monday... New to me tires used with 20k or so
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #8127
NJDBFTW

Quote:
I had a set that had minor bubbling on the inside and sold them. I'm not a fan of buying a set of 17" tires when at the time i had brand new tires on my 16s :/

They are my favorite of the three main wheels though.
Haha yeah 17's suck.. Makes the tires 20$ more a pop
Old 06-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #8131
NJDBFTW

Quote:
Yeah :/

So do you know how i can use 5100s to only level the front of my truck?
And what coil i would need to do so?

I know i will need "stock height" 5100s for the rear.
Exactly what Craig said... Take it from him... He knows better then I seeing as I don't have lift yet

Quote:
So stock leaf pack in the rear. Stock height 5100s in the rear.

Then for the front: 5100s set at .85
But what coil? I don't want to reuse my stock coil
Use the stock coil... Or you can get the Eibachs and I think they would need to be set at 0 to level the truck then but I am not sure
Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #8133
Bawlmore is on a distinguished road

Navy: OpsO, Strike Group Atlantic
Name: Tim
Bawlmore's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all, saw the MD thread and figured I'd check in. Originally from Baltimore and just moved back. Do the MD folk ever plan meetups?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #8134
ThatMattGuy is on a distinguished road

Army: 31P Microwave Systems Operator-Maintainer 1998-2003
Name: Matthew
ThatMattGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Paint work on East side of baltimore county?

So the story goes, lady tries to pass me in Baltimore city on a two lane (one in each direction) road in Baltimore city (Marietta ave for those who are familiar). Long story short is she gives me her information because she knows shes at fault and leaves but then changes her story to her insurance company. Her insurance says its a case of he said/she said which in MD means I pay for mine, she pays for hers. Damage is less than my deductible (less than 500) because all that's wrong was fender flares was scratched (1/16 to 1/8 inch gouges) in a couple places, mud flap was scraped up (I was looking for an excuse to replace those anyway, so I did and went with the Husky's which are great), and my rim got some scratches. My neighbor does wheels, so thats good, I took care of the mud flap, but now I need to figure out the fender flare. Its not too bad as you can see here

I feel like I can take it off and take it to a shop and it should be less than $150 but nobody will give me a rough guess of what it will cost to sand and paint. Not even a ball park (100-500).

Does anyone have any clue what it would cost to sand/repaint at a decent shop? Do you know a decent shop in the east side of Baltimore County?

I have half thought about doing it myself. I have been told you can order cans of spray paint that is close to OEM quality and matches pretty well. My truck is a 2014 so I am not to concerned with fading.

Thoughts?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #8135
Aka: RainbowPuke
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion...DO NOT sand and paint it. Either leave it alone, replace it with an OEM one, or replace it with an aftermarket flare.
Reason: these trucks have a texture to the bumper and flares, and if you sand it and repaint it, you'll be able to tell where it was sanded and it won't match the bumper or other flares. I have scratches in both my front flares and my bumper has been eaten up from bugs and gravel roads....i have chosen to live with it for now. Sure it isn't the prettiest thing but someday it'll have a plate bumper and bigger tires so no sense in me replacing things that i'll likely remove some day anyway.

Best of luck my friend, sorry that people and insurance companies are stupid
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #8137
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I got caught up in that nonsense last year. She said I backed into her. I was clearly NOT in motion. I was backed into. Insurance went from 60 to 160! FTOB!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #8138
NJDBFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMattGuy View Post
So the story goes, lady tries to pass me in Baltimore city on a two lane (one in each direction) road in Baltimore city (Marietta ave for those who are familiar). Long story short is she gives me her information because she knows shes at fault and leaves but then changes her story to her insurance company. Her insurance says its a case of he said/she said which in MD means I pay for mine, she pays for hers. Damage is less than my deductible (less than 500) because all that's wrong was fender flares was scratched (1/16 to 1/8 inch gouges) in a couple places, mud flap was scraped up (I was looking for an excuse to replace those anyway, so I did and went with the Husky's which are great), and my rim got some scratches. My neighbor does wheels, so thats good, I took care of the mud flap, but now I need to figure out the fender flare. Its not too bad as you can see here

I feel like I can take it off and take it to a shop and it should be less than $150 but nobody will give me a rough guess of what it will cost to sand and paint. Not even a ball park (100-500).

Does anyone have any clue what it would cost to sand/repaint at a decent shop? Do you know a decent shop in the east side of Baltimore County?

I have half thought about doing it myself. I have been told you can order cans of spray paint that is close to OEM quality and matches pretty well. My truck is a 2014 so I am not to concerned with fading.

Thoughts?
Similar scratches are on my front bumper... The flares and bumper are not smooth like the rest of the truck is... Just get some touch up paint and blend it the best you can without sanding... Or get a new flare...

My buddy is a detailer and did the body work for me but the scratches are still there but the touch up paint blended enough that only I notice it... The tiny can of touch up from the dealer will do fine with what you need... None of those are bigger then a quarter... Just need to buff lightly to smooth it out enough to blend with the existing paint
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #8139
NJDBFTW

Oh and forgot to add... YOU CAN'T SAND THE FLARE BECAUSE ITS ROUGH AND WILL THEN BECOME SMOOTH...
Old 06-18-2014, 02:55 AM   #8140
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ers-300-a.html

Are they even salvageable? I already have a set of 5100's for the front in my room but id take these in a heartbeat if they can be saved... they looks trashed, definitely need a rebuild at the very least...

Products Discussed in this Thread