Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

New England B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #25481
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
And done!!!! Of course in my regular fashion there is already blood on them from scratching my hand under the seat attaching the clips. Off to CT I go.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #25482
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
First wiring question of the day, and there will probably be more. My light is 234 watts so i think that means it draws 19.5 amps. I am planning on getting a 20 amp inline fuse (maybe a fuse block depending on what they have and price) and 14 gauge wire. Because it is so close to 20 amps should i go with a 25 amp fuse and 12 gauge wire just to be safe?
I would use 12 gauge wire just to be safe. As far as the fuse, you can try the 20 A but know that you could end up having to kick it up to a 25 A. Starting with a 25 A won't hurt anything, if you have a short or something miswired, the 25 A should blow before any damage is done to the lights. My PIAAs draw about 9.2 A each, one set will run off a 10A fuse, the other set needed a 15 A. Being so close to the 20A capacity, you may or may not be able to get away with using a 20A fuse since there is some loss with the wiring and relay.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #25483
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thanks for you help mike. I am going to go with 25a and 12 gauge to be safe.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #25484
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mike i have been copying you posts and saving them in my notes in my phone for reference haha, so i wont have to many more questions, you covered most of it. Althoughhh i was wondering one more thing. You said i have to make sure the add a circuit is oriented the right way, and i qoute

Power should travel up the left pin in the picture above, across the fuses, then either back down the right pin or out the wire. You need a test light or some where to know which side of the fuse power is being fed to. If you install them backwards, they will still work, but power then has to travel across the bottom fuse, then across the top fuse and out the wire. Essentially, your bottom fuse would then be carrying the load for the original circuit and the new circuit and could become over loaded. Then, if the bottom fuse blows, you lose both circuits.

If installed correctly, the stock circuit would be protected by the bottom fuse and the new circuit would be protected by the top fuse. You could blow either fuse and the other circuit would still be in tact and functioning.

You said i need a test light? Or can i use a volt meter to make sure it is installed correctly?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #25485
Stewtopia is on a distinguished road
Stewtopia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Squirrel View Post
I just swapped my rugged trails for duratrac's, very happy. my buddy and I played in a little mud (he has hankook dynapro atm's) With traction control off I didn't get stuck once in 2wd, he was constantly in and out of 4wd. These tires will dig! I haven't rubbed once yet, but then again I haven't really been off road with them yet either. My lift will be ordered next week, then I'll take her out on the trails . Well, the easy ones for now, no armor yet.

Thanks for the pic, our trucks are very similar. Cool to see what they would look like!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #25486
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome thanks for you help mike. I am going to go with 25a and 12 gauge to be safe.
I'm running my 42 with a 20a fuse
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #25487
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Find the 4Runner haha. 104 trucks in total!

Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #25488
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mike i have been copying you posts and saving them in my notes in my phone for reference haha, so i wont have to many more questions, you covered most of it. Althoughhh i was wondering one more thing. You said i have to make sure the add a circuit is oriented the right way, and i qoute

Power should travel up the left pin in the picture above, across the fuses, then either back down the right pin or out the wire. You need a test light or some where to know which side of the fuse power is being fed to. If you install them backwards, they will still work, but power then has to travel across the bottom fuse, then across the top fuse and out the wire. Essentially, your bottom fuse would then be carrying the load for the original circuit and the new circuit and could become over loaded. Then, if the bottom fuse blows, you lose both circuits.

If installed correctly, the stock circuit would be protected by the bottom fuse and the new circuit would be protected by the top fuse. You could blow either fuse and the other circuit would still be in tact and functioning.

You said i need a test light? Or can i use a volt meter to make sure it is installed correctly?
I said a test light because you can figure out what side of the fuse is the feed and which part goes to the accessory. I suppose you could make it work with a volt meter, you just need to figure out which side is the hot side of the fuse block so you can install the add-a-circuit correctly.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #25489

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
Find the 4Runner haha. 104 trucks in total!

Too easy... front and center.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #25490
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Trans gear oil was nasty YUCK
New England B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364653945.746865.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #25491

I got lucky, my buddy who builds cars was in advanced auto when i went in to buy electrical stuff and he walked me through it.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #25492

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got lucky, my buddy who builds cars was in advanced auto when i went in to buy electrical stuff and he walked me through it.
Nice!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #25493

And i saw this haha New England B.S. Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364654128.198781.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #25494
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And i saw this haha Attachment 204096
You could stuff a watermellon in there and not even clog it
Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #25495

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
So many inappropriate jokes come to mind
Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #25496

Whenever i see those trucks with huge stacks im tempted to throw shit in there haha
Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #25497
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i smell horrible
changed diffs, t case, trans all redline MT90 redline
flushed brake fluid all new
changed oil
bled and changed clutch fluid
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #25498
Banned
Ill never do that trans again I'd rather pay someone. Filling it was a royal bitch. The hose blew off and I got an eye full of gear oil. Does hurt it feels really weird. Truck feels like new and It should for $300 in fluids
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #25499
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
That's what she said
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #25500

This might be a stupid question, can i ground wires or maybe even multiple wires to an existing ground point, like where the battery is grounded.

Products Discussed in this Thread