Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

New England B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #44081
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
There's some good karma right there! Nice..
Old 11-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #44082
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
There's some good karma right there! Nice..
True. I was just happy the valve didn't leak lol
Old 11-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #44083
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
True. I was just happy the valve didn't leak lol
Good karma when sweating pipe is definitely a good thing!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #44084
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
http://capecod.craigslist.org/cto/4140950668.html Is this dude on here!? saw this in orleans the other day and it looks nasty
That thing is sick! A little pricey tho
Old 11-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #44085
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like phillys he's in Ntc .nice runner

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #44086
Banned
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Finally... Finally, FINALLY hard wired my GPS and radar detector.

I tucked wiring away. GPS wires up in the headliner and down the A column. Radar detector down between the windshield and the dash.

I used a two plug splitter from autozone that I got for $5.99. Used wire from previous projects.

Tucked the Garmin plug up in this little alcove

And I tucked the radar detector into the main harness

Holy crap. I don't remember what half of these wires are for...

And I have yet to relocate my center diff lock to the center console, and because of my OTRATTW switches in the dash, It won't fit back in (you have to trim the switch holes in the kick panel to fit the OTRATTW switches). Fuse panel locker switch ftw
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #44087
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
So I finally got around to installing the ECGS bushing - sh!t that was painful, and I'm not done.

The first issue was removing the CV shaft from the differential. I spent at least 2 hours trying to pry the damn thing out. I even messaged John for advice and it still didn't work. Finally grabbed a second pair of hands and applied constant pressure while banging on the damn thing to get it out!

So, the c-clip on the shaft now has grooves in it where it made contact with the teeth. Anyone know if it's okay to use it, the shaft looks great.

So now I go to remove the needle bearing. This process wasn't too bad and I ended up making my own tool (ghetto)...it didn't want to come out at first. I'm starting to wonder if the tolerances are off....

Next up - the install....remember how I thought the tolerances were all off.....well, I got the bushing in...well, some of the way. I'm still working on it. It does not want to go easy. Why is the hammer my best friend with this project. It better work.

Can someone confirm that I want it flush with the inner most surface?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #44088
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Out the door to early for a saturday. Need moar coffee.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #44089
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
So I finally got around to installing the ECGS bushing - sh!t that was painful, and I'm not done.

The first issue was removing the CV shaft from the differential. I spent at least 2 hours trying to pry the damn thing out. I even messaged John for advice and it still didn't work. Finally grabbed a second pair of hands and applied constant pressure while banging on the damn thing to get it out!

So, the c-clip on the shaft now has grooves in it where it made contact with the teeth. Anyone know if it's okay to use it, the shaft looks great.

So now I go to remove the needle bearing. This process wasn't too bad and I ended up making my own tool (ghetto)...it didn't want to come out at first. I'm starting to wonder if the tolerances are off....

Next up - the install....remember how I thought the tolerances were all off.....well, I got the bushing in...well, some of the way. I'm still working on it. It does not want to go easy. Why is the hammer my best friend with this project. It better work.

I am attepting to replace mine this weekend also. I havent started but once I do I will relay any info I have for you
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #44090
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Did either of you freeze the bushing ahead of time?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #44091

Coast Guard:
I havent started yet. I have a guy that wants my camper mirrors so I have to meet him first. For me it will probably be a sunday job
Old 11-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #44092
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Did either of you freeze the bushing ahead of time?
That sounds like sound advice - would have been helpful before I started. My only concern would be freezing makes metal brittle....

Any advice on the scored c-clip, Mike?

Also flush with the inner surface, correct?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #44093
1st Gen Tacoma Driver
NH03Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Name: John
NH03Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If any of you are from New Hampshire, please help me get my thread going!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...roll-call.html
Old 11-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #44095
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yours looks as close to flush as I got mine. It might be able to go in a little more. The inside of the inner most surface is what I aimed for flush. Remember the inner surface that the bushing slips into tapers to a smaller dimension at the start of the grooves for the splines. You have to reach in and feel for inner flush (but not touching I believe?!?! I say this because the inner surface I believe is a moving surface inside the clamshell). I never got the outer surfaces completely flush. I believe it is because the bushing is meant to be deeper to provide more support for the cv shaft. The tolerances were very minimal on mine as well. I beat the bushing into place over 4 hours in 40 degree weather with the bushing installer I purchased with from ecgs. (Same kit can be found at harbor freight.)
It took me a total of 5-6 hours last February start to finish.

Quote:
I am attepting to replace mine this weekend also. I havent started but once I do I will relay any info I have for you
Good luck !
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #44096

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sounds like sound advice - would have been helpful before I started. My only concern would be freezing makes metal brittle....

Any advice on the scored c-clip, Mike?

Also flush with the inner surface, correct?
I have no idea if freezing would work or not, I just know it's a common thing to do when pressing ball joints just to help with the overly tight tolerances. Just throwing it out there to see if either of you guys had considered it. I've never attempted the bushing replacement so I'm learning from you and Billy. Sorry, no advice on the rest of the replacement, I'm hoping to get some helpful tips from you guys
Old 11-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #44097
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I get some stuck ones at work here and there and they are FROZEN LIKE A ROCK IN ICE, put axle not on, pick up a slide hammer from HFT the one i got there has a puller attachment. Put that on the axle nut and a few slams it will come out
Old 11-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #44098
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I have no idea if freezing would work or not, I just know it's a common thing to do when pressing ball joints just to help with the overly tight tolerances. Just throwing it out there to see if either of you guys had considered it. I've never attempted the bushing replacement so I'm learning from you and Billy. Sorry, no advice on the rest of the replacement, I'm hoping to get some helpful tips from you guys
Speaking of bushings on a 2010 Tacoma, let me tell you it needed a new LCA by the time i was finished. from all the heat i warped the LCA beating on it, prying and more levels of oxygen and ace. What a bitch. Mine sucked and are bad again
Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #44099

Coast Guard:
I was gonna do mine tomorrow but it was so nice out I did it today. Thank you John for the tool loan, it worked pissa. I put the new one in with my bearing race tool and it went in nice and easy. I checked the vibration thread and ecgs said to put it flush with carrier same as the bearing. Rob thank you for the axel I needed it, my axel nut came halfway off and then I had to cut it off. The worst part was the oil that leaked out. I had only jacked up the drivers side thinking that would help with the oil leaking out. I was wrong it still leaked and it was harder to catch cause it ran off the skid plate. It is road test time

Products Discussed in this Thread