Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

New England B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #44541
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Nope I got the $100 one from rock auto
John, which brand did you get, was it Timken?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #44542
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I think the one piece drive shafts can still have vibrations at highway speed
Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #44543
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
I think the one piece drive shafts can still have vibrations at highway speed
They can, they seem to be hit or miss based on the reviews people have written up. Maybe one piece with a double cardin at the x-fer case side and probably some shims at the rear

I'm in the same boat as John but not for the same reason. I'm not dumping $500 into a one piece, I'll bite the bullet and go back to an OEM carrier first.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #44544
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
New England B.S. Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm getting there... If it's the carrier again, I won't get another Dorman whether it's warrantied or not. I'm not 100% sure that's the problem, doesn't sound like it's directly under my like it did the first time but I also wasn't opening my windows and hanging my head out on my way in since it was 24 degrees outside!

People I work with are still riding their bikes in. They have their bikes wired with electrical outputs and they have heated gear that plugs into the bike. How sweet is that??

On a good note, one of my headlights fogged after going through an auto wash (first time it's ever leaked) but I was able to dry it up by pulling off the rubber bulb boot and driving without it for a few days. Things almost 100% dried up!
One of the doctors my mom works with rides it as long as there isn't snow on the ground. One piece electric suit. Pretty cool.

As for the driveshaft, you should totally so the 4Runner mod to fix that problem

And when my headlights fog up, I just pull out the high beam bulb and leave it out for a while.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #44545
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
One of the doctors my mom works with rides it as long as there isn't snow on the ground. One piece electric suit. Pretty cool.

As for the driveshaft, you should totally so the 4Runner mod to fix that problem

And when my headlights fog up, I just pull out the high beam bulb and leave it out for a while.
I lived with a guy who rode year round except for rain or snow..granted he went 3 miles from home to work though. It was more out of necessity since he and his girlfriend were saving to buy a house and only had one car.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #44546

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Kendra and I have been tossing around the idea of an SUV when my truck is ready to be replaced. It'll be a while though, we just bought her car last fall and I don't want 2 car payments. Hoping to pay hers off early so I can trade mine in while it's still worth something and before I have to start replacing expensive parts. Not sure I'd go for a 4Runner though...
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #44547
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
We're going to look at done suv's for Shan this weekend i think. Need something decent sized to fit the dog, us, and future giblet whenever that happens. Plus her grand am is getting tired and can't make it out of the driveway/neighborhood in the winter
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #44548

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
She likes Jeep Wrangler unlimited , highlander, and 4runner. Going to check some out this weekend.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #44549
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
We looked at the highlander and the honda pilot. I liked the highlander and she liked the pilot. Soooo she drives a pilot lol
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #44550
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Mary has a 2012 4runner and it is an awesome SUV. We found it left over sitting in the corner of Braintree Toyota's indoor storage. It is way better than the grand cherokee she used to have.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #44551

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. She likes the Wrangler and highlander. She's driven her cousins Wrangler a few times being the unplanned sober driver and she really liked it. I'm having her also look at the 4 runner simply because it's got more space.

I've had no problems with the gm's we have both owned. Her grand am has been a great car. That being said i don't like the equinox, looks to much like a minivan. And i won't buy a Ford, Honda, Hyundai, kia, Nissan, Mitsubishi. Just cause I'm biased like that
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #44552
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal...
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I called it quits last weekend. Dumped some k100 in the tank and went for a ride to pull the treated fuel through the system. Only takes about 10-15 miles for the Suzuki, but the Kawasaki needs almost 30 miles to exchange all the fuel in the carbs. Stupid 70 mpg.... By the time I was done with the Ninja I was ready for a hot shower and some Irish coffee. I actually did have to do that before I could take the batteries out and put them on the maintainer because my hands were so cold. Kept dropping the screwdriver, haha.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #44553
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha. She likes the Wrangler and highlander. She's driven her cousins Wrangler a few times being the unplanned sober driver and she really liked it. I'm having her also look at the 4 runner simply because it's got more space.

I've had no problems with the gm's we have both owned. Her grand am has been a great car. That being said i don't like the equinox, looks to much like a minivan. And i won't buy a Ford, Honda, Hyundai, kia, Nissan, Mitsubishi. Just cause I'm biased like that
Marys grand cherokee had the 6 cylinder in it and was a dog getting on the highway. The 4runner is a beautiful car and has a ton of space inside. We got the third row so it will seat 7, something most SUVs cant do now a days.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #44554
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
Marys grand cherokee had the 6 cylinder in it and was a dog getting on the highway. The 4runner is a beautiful car and has a ton of space inside. We got the third row so it will seat 7, something most SUVs cant do now a days.
Is it a newer 4Runner? The dealer was telling me only a small percentage comes with that 3rd row.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #44555

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of the Wrangler, but am leaning toward the highlander or 4 runner. Really the 4 runner is preferred for me. The dog takes up a lot of room, and we will need the space when she pops out a giblet. Rav4/ crv, etc just don't have the space i want, and are ugly to boot.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #44556
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
I called it quits last weekend. Dumped some k100 in the tank and went for a ride to pull the treated fuel through the system. Only takes about 10-15 miles for the Suzuki, but the Kawasaki needs almost 30 miles to exchange all the fuel in the carbs. Stupid 70 mpg.... By the time I was done with the Ninja I was ready for a hot shower and some Irish coffee. I actually did have to do that before I could take the batteries out and put them on the maintainer because my hands were so cold. Kept dropping the screwdriver, haha.
Yeah man! I need to put some stabil in this bitch, but hopefully winterization won't be my problem

I cycled through the regular gas I absentmindedly put in a few weeks ago. Back on Irving premium. She runs happy, even in the crazy cold. I was pretty impressed it started so easily this morning. 26 degrees is hard for a little engine and even worse for the starter trying to turn over an engine with cold oil on a cold and tiny battery.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #44557

New England B.S. Thread

Quote:
I like the look of the Wrangler, but am leaning toward the highlander or 4 runner. Really the 4 runner is preferred for me. The dog takes up a lot of room, and we will need the space when she pops out a giblet. Rav4/ crv, etc just don't have the space i want, and are ugly to boot.
The 4Runner has crazy amounts of room dude... The cargo area is plenty for two large labs and the rear seat holds 2 child seats comfortably.

Shit, it even has a power rear window so they can stick their noses out and smell the world
Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #44558
Mean Big Brother

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
Is it a newer 4Runner? The dealer was telling me only a small percentage comes with that 3rd row.
It is a 2012
Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #44559
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Give some thought to the Rav4 if you want an SUV and don't have to have a fullsize. Linda loves hers. Thing fit 5 adults, grill, coolers, and chairs without using the roof rack. I'd like it better if it had the V6 but it goes okay. 6 years, from 60 to 120k, and hasn't needed any more than brakes/tires kind of stuff. Oh and the evap cannister the other day
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #44560

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't think the rav4 has enough space if we have to go somewhere, especially with the dog. He's big, 100+ lbs.

Plus, I'm vain and like the more SUV like look of the 4runner. The highlander is a little rounded, but still looks more SUV than minivan. the rav4, especially the new ones look like oversized cars.

Products Discussed in this Thread