Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

New England B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #52541
saltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Graydon
saltus25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I ran 5W-30 year round, also Mobil 1. New truck takes 5W-20, I plan to run that in Mobil 1 year round also.

You, or your daughter, got another vote also
Iv always used castrol syntec 10w-40. Never heard any screams from the engine even in -10* weather.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #52542
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
No time! I usually take off the brake calipers but we wanted to finish the lift up!

Now I have a decent chunk of icon change in my pocket ready to go I'll be down with Cam if you want a down payment or want to bring em by for me to check out.
When, tomorrow? Or when i come up to finish my bumper?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #52543
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltus25 View Post
Iv always used castrol syntec 10w-40. Never heard any screams from the engine even in -10* weather.
Just out of curiosity, why the heavier oil given the climate?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #52544
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
When, tomorrow? Or when i come up to finish my bumper?

Tomorrow
Old 03-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #52545
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Looking for help. Can you guys go on https://www.hood.com/promo/scholarship/ and pick Massachusetts, then Oliver Ames High School Easton, then pick Carolyn Cullen. Finish the scholarship vote and help me save some mod money. Thanks guys. You can vote once a day.
Another vote.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #52546
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
When my 95.5 hit over 200k I started running a higher viscosity synth in the summer, and the engine responded with smoother idle and better mpg's. I initiated this when the truck started knocking hard the winter before. Figured she was getting long in the tooth.

When this Taco gets to 150k I'll probably do the same. Might only be two or three oil changes of a heavier weight, but it'll keep all of the moving parts protected.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #52548
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
When my 95.5 hit over 200k I started running a higher viscosity synth in the summer, and the engine responded with smoother idle and better mpg's. I initiated this when the truck started knocking hard the winter before. Figured she was getting long in the tooth.

When this Taco gets to 150k I'll probably do the same. Might only be two or three oil changes of a heavier weight, but it'll keep all of the moving parts protected.
Same reason I used to run the 15w40 Rotella in the '99, then. It had that damn 3.4 rattle on startup when I bought it. Started running the Rotella and never heard it again. No problems with too much oil pressure, lower MPG's or slow turnover in the winter, so I figured she liked the thicker stuff. It only had mid 150's when I bought it, but when I sold it she had over 185k and idled as smooth as butter with that Rotella in it.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #52549
saltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Graydon
saltus25's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Pugga;8394484]Just out of curiosity, why the heavier oil given the climate?[/

I just think it lubricates a bit better and doesnt break down as fast as 5W.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #52550
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've noticed I hear my lifters a lot more than I had been before.

What would you guys recommend for an oil viscosity that's better than the 5w30 in the 1GR-FE?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #52551
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've noticed I hear my lifters a lot more than I had been before.

What would you guys recommend for an oil viscosity that's better than the 5w30 in the 1GR-FE?

5w 30 should treat you well in the cold, stay with that until it really warms up.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #52552
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looking for help. Can you guys go on https://www.hood.com/promo/scholarship/ and pick Massachusetts, then Oliver Ames High School Easton, then pick Carolyn Cullen. Finish the scholarship vote and help me save some mod money. Thanks guys. You can vote once a day.

Got another one

Can you tell how she is doing as it progresses? And is it one per school who wins?
Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #52553

Quote:
5w 30 should treat you well in the cold, stay with that until it really warms up.

So say it's April and getting warm. What would you run then? I'm at 77k and with everything I've put the poor thing through, I wanna treat her right as best I can.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #52554

Quote:

So say it's April and getting warm. What would you run then? I'm at 77k and with everything I've put the poor thing through, I wanna treat her right as best I can.

You don't have much to worry about yet, as that motor is just being broken in. For example, your piston rings should be in very good shape. There should be no scoring on the cylinder walls. But as you approach 200k, you'll want to pay attention to every little detail if you want to see 300k.

Here's a good write up for reference: http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/
Old 03-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #52555
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Got another one

Can you tell how she is doing as it progresses? And is it one per school who wins?
Thanks Chris. No I can't tell how she is doing. They pick kids based on voted and then those kids go in front of a board to be interviewed
Old 03-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #52556
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Chris. No I can't tell how she is doing. They pick kids based on voted and then those kids go in front of a board to be interviewed
That sounds intimidating...
Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #52557

Quote:
You don't have much to worry about yet, as that motor is just being broken in. For example, your piston rings should be in very good shape. There should be no scoring on the cylinder walls. But as you approach 200k, you'll want to pay attention to every little detail if you want to see 300k.

Here's a good write up for reference: http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/
Very good info! Thanks bud

Quote:

Well I hope she gets it man! Wish her luck
Old 03-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #52558
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from my friends garage. Been working on the wifeys car tonight. I replaced both spindles with ones I got from work and put new wheel bearings in both of them. I also replaced both outer tie rod ends and one of the sway bar end links. That is about the most amount of work I have ever done to her car before. She has a 2003 Focus she bought brand new and it has 213K on it. For anyone that says shit about those little cars or Fords all I can say is her car has been fantastic and I would recommend one to anybody.

Billy I did vote.

I'm tired now. Watching TV for a little bit than off to bed.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #52559
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tomorrow
Ill bring them in case you guys show up, cam has my cell number

Products Discussed in this Thread