1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:52 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Hello? Anybody in here? :tumbleweed:

2. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    That looks like fun Rob. Was that their first time on skis?

3. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    I'm around, just busy

4. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    I'm busy doing homework :pccoffee:

5. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Just nod if you can hear me...
    Is there anyone at home?

6. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    It was Jacob's 1st time. It was Joshua's (the older one) 2nd time. We went last year once but I decided to put him in a class because I couldn't spend the time to teach him while we had Jacob there
    :blahblah: :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  7. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  8. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Lessons are the way to go Rob. I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to go. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to take her

9. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    There was a little kid and his mom (MILF) was teaching him to ski. I asked her how old he was and how long he had been skiing. She said that he was 4 and he started last year and this was his 4th time this year. So you don't have to wait long.

10. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    X2.
    My parents set me on skis when I was 3. They showed me how to hold a snowplow, how to balance, and how to lean on a ski to turn. Then they tied me to my dad on a 20 foot rope and sent me down the hill ahead of him.

11. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    That's exactly my plan. Yeah her to snowplow as soon as she can and hook her to my waist via a leash.

12. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    My wife will probably have her on skates even before that

13. Mar 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Thats awsome. I was NEVER good at skating

14. Mar 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    I haven't done it much. But the wife played hockey through college, so I know she'llhave Harper on skates sooner than later

15. Mar 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Whats up guys! Hows everyone doing? My truck has been making a squeking noise in the last few weeks, so i dropped it off at the dealership for basic service (change diff fluid, oil change, a few small thing) and asked them to diagnose the noise. Apparently i have a bad throw out bearing in my clutch assembly. I thought the noise was a bad pulley but it looks like i was wrong. I am at 65,000 miles now, i put almost 15 on it in the last few months driving down to greenwich 6 days a week, thats probably why i have been MIA. Do you guys think that is legit? Once they have the trans dropped does it make sense to replace the whole clutch and re-surface the flywheel? Im looking at around $1200 for the whole shebang. I am hesitant to give them the go-ahead. I like to do as much work on the truck myself that i can, but i am putting in 70 hour weeks right now, so i dont have much time. Plus i don't have the know-how to take on a project like that. Just looking for some input or advice. I need to do brakes also and a few other things, so i am looking at a $2000 + bill right now.

16. Mar 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition

There is/was a TSB for bad throw out bearings. Toyota will replace it with an improved part (or so they say)

I would do the clutch and flywheel while you're in there. It can't hurt to just do it all in one trip to the shop.

I'll be doing my clutch and flywheel this spring.

Do your brakes on your own if you can find the time, if not just have them do it

17. Mar 2, 2015 at 3:53 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    So much for that. They did the first part of the TSB where they messed with the driveline angle and then denied coverage of the second part of the TSB (changing the leafs) due to my ARB causing front suspension droop and saying it changed the angles. I mentioned how badly the 2+1 sags with any weight in the bed as a push to try and get the 3+1 TSB leafs and they again said that the ARB is causing the sag (seriously?).

I get it, dealers want reasons to deny warranty coverage, but it just felt like a complete BS reason to deny. I could have two heavy people in the front seat and have the same result. While maybe a case could be made for the weight denying coverage, telling me the bumper causes the rear to squat under load. I'd rather them just go hey, we can't do the service due to aftermarket parts, rather than some cobbled excuse. It goes back to the warranty denials on WRX/STis for having cat back exhausts. It doesn't change the car, but it's a scapegoat.

I suppose I got further than I did with Copeland. They blamed the vibrations on having the TRD package.

I'm think I'm just going to give up on getting anywhere on that and just do the suspension upgrades once I save up. I'm just bummed because the 3+1 actually gives some lift over what I've got, and I didn't necessarily need the AAL.

What I need to figure out is ultimately what I want to set the front at, which is going to be the frustrating part. I saw a member on here who had an ARB and the TSB rear. At Eibach + 5100 he had a rake, Eibach + 5100 @ 0.85 he was level and with a 1.5 AAL he had a rake. I'm wondering if I put on a 1.5 AAL, can I get away with Eibach @ 0.85. I think I'll make a thread in the suspension forum about it.

/vent.

18. Mar 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM
    loki32687

loki32687 Matt

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Peabody, Ma
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Sport Inferno
    Green is a paid member.

19. Mar 2, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Makes sense!

Just bought a full set of BudBuilt skids for my FJ, including the gas tank skid for $500! A new set goes for $1,065. There's some scratches but that's a HELL of a deal! I'm very happy

20. Mar 3, 2015 at 2:13 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Morning, folkses!!
    Happy Tuesday!

Products Discussed in

To Top