Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

It's snowing, what should I be doing?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
SRC'07 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Petty Officer 3rd Class, Patrol Squadron 26
SRC'07's Tacoma Gallery
It's snowing, what should I be doing?

Any pointers on how to keep my 07 4x4 Access Cab in good shape during the snowy and icy months in Maine?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it in the garage

Joking aside, when you get a somewhat warm snap take and pressure wash it off. I don't do the car wash thing here in Indiana unless it is just jets, no brush or mops. That way they can do the underside also. If you got time now give it a good wax job.

If you get a long warm snap, after snow/ice and you want to use your hose, of course wash it, but hook a spinkler to the hose and place it under the truck, I have one of those tractors that follow the hose, make a few passes underneath.....good to go.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
We have a car wash that sprays the soap automatically however the truck is hand washed and hand dried. Ahh nothing like a nice warm soapy handjob in the middle of winter for the truck that is. Oh and when is the last time you waxed the truck?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
don't leave it unatended or someone will hit it! at least thats my luck!!! lol
Old 01-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
YDA-GRL is on a distinguished road
YDA-GRL's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Taking care of YODA in Maine

I live in the far northern part of the state. My tacoma didn't start this morning due to the -40 temps. This is the first year I have had issues with cold morning starts but it seems to be the trend so I am having an engine heater put in as soon as I can.

I had to have the park brake replaced due to corrosion from road salt and lack of use.(its an automatic) So my mechanic reccomended I use it more often to keep it from freezing up.

Hope this helps..I would also welcome suggestions!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
To add to those already good ideas

I Keep up with normal maintenance, oil change, anti-freeze flush, winter wipers, wash resvoir filled, good winter mats or liners, check air pressure. At least once every two weeks I go to an automatic touchless wash place. I wax before the season starts, claybar/polish/wax after. One of the members here convinced me this year to buy studded tires & they have absolutely my favorite upgrade so far this winter. Props to hoosier! No more ABS kicking in whatsoever!!

Another midweek storm a coming, get ready!!