LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pity Party of 1

Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Pity Party of 1

On the way to work tonight in that VERY brief and mild snow storm, my new (to me 09) Taco was T-BONED! Could be totaled. I just got the thing! I havnt even made 1 payment on it yet! I dont know whether to laugh or cry...

She better have good insurance! Now I am worried because if it gets repaired, I may have problems for as long as I own it. I almost hope it is totaled. Un real! I am so pissed... Any advice and/or well wishes would be awesome...

Pardon my venting...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
damn, I feel your pain.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks , I barely got to rag on you for that crappy hockey team you support
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
damn that suck! glad you’r ok! we may not like it but trucks can be replaced lives can’t! hope every thing works out in a timely manner.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry brother. I hope it gets totaled for your peace of mind. Glad you're OK but you'll probably feel it later. Make sure you get checked out, and if you feel like her insurance company is giving the run around, get an attorney. At a minimum, make sure they compensate you for any lost wages, inconvenience fees, and the depreciated or diminished value on your vehicle (if fixable).

I got t-boned late last summer in my 2010 and as soon as it got fixed, I couldn't deal with knowing how much damage had been done and the "unknown," long-term effects... so I traded it in on a 2011 Tundra Crewmax.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, I was side-swiped by a semi truck before Christmas, and am still getting fucked around by there insurance, and I was sitting still. Glad your OK, that's the mst important thing.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like the damage wasnt as bad as I thought it could have been. It is not even close to being totaled. I should have it back shortly. I will stay optimistic and hopefully everything works out. Anyways, the Jeep Wrangler I got as a rental has been pretty fun. Its still no taco though!

Thanks for all the kind words, even you OZ-T picking on my Bruins haha!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're ok, OP.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIN8124 View Post
Looks like the damage wasnt as bad as I thought it could have been. It is not even close to being totaled. I should have it back shortly. I will stay optimistic and hopefully everything works out. Anyways, the Jeep Wrangler I got as a rental has been pretty fun. Its still no taco though!

Thanks for all the kind words, even you OZ-T picking on my Bruins haha!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #10

The damage was estimated at aound $6 G's... Not bad, not even close to what the truck is worth. Certainly not as bad as I had guessed. Any Mainers know if Goodwin's in Brunswick has a good reputation? I hope my baby is in good hands!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #11

...my $hit luck continues! The rental Jeep Wrangler I was given now has a nice long crack in the windshield! Seriously, nothing hit it while I have had it. If a rock had hit it, I would admit it, $hit happens... But windsheilds should not just break when sitting in a driveway. I got in it last night and it was just there.

Of course, during the initial walk around inspection when I picked this POS up, I did not notice any chips or cracks. And also of course, I did not buy the additional insurance for $20 a day since I had no clue how long I would have it. That adds up quick...

Anyways, what can I do? Am I screwed? I dont want to have to pay for it obviously. I feel I may be stuck though. How much is this B.S. going to cost me? Either way, I am sure I am in for one hell of a hassle... Can I put this on the lady's insurance who T-Boned my Tacoma Since I have that damn Jeep because of her?

What do you guys think?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Did you pay for the rental with a credit card? Many credit cards provide car rental insurance.

The Jeep Wrangler's windshield catches every bug and pebble.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #14

That crossed my mind too but I used a debit card...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #15

Just got my baby back today! The body work looks great and so far it is driving perfectly! Thanks again everyone for the kind words and advice!