Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Gas prices.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Gas prices.

Anybody know how anyone could keep gas prices lower? Drilling more and producing more means oil co's would simply sell more domestic oil overseas at higher prices. So how can ANYONE control the price of oil?
The only thing I could come up with is maybe a national "no driving" holiday to reduce demand a bit, but that would never fly.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
gas price is major bull shit IMO
Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
wish our gas prices were like Kuwait........30 cents/gal. There would be no recession and we would have more money to spend on our Taco's
Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
Drilling more and producing more means oil co's would simply sell more domestic oil overseas at higher prices.
Yup, we're screwed.

Unless we lower our own demand (stop buying gas), oil prices are going to stay high.

We've had a few years of relief from $5 gas recently. I think much of that is from the cash for clunkers program and from people buying smaller cars, carpooling, changing their habits out of necessity (recession). Once we start to see the economy come back, gas is going to go sky high again.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Gas prices always go up in late February. Switching from Winter blend to Summer Blend requires an extra refinement process which adds the $0.20-$0.30 increase in gas prices. It's necessary for emissions and so that gas you spent and arm-and-a-leg for doesn't evaporate in your tank.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytl View Post
I hate gas
x2

It's honestly giving me some anxiety issues lol.

How in the hell can our Government justify these prices? Most Americans are having a hard enough time financially and now they have to worry about how their gonna afford getting to and from places (like work) because they can't afford fuel. Somethings gotta give...and the sad thing is...we haven't seen shit yet. Their talking about 5+ dollars in the near future. That means it'll cost 100 bucks to fill the Tacoma...are you kidding me right now???
Old 02-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Dagger Taco *****
BG KY Jets Fan will become famous soon enough

Name: Joe
BG KY Jets Fan's Tacoma Gallery
High gas prices could jeopardize my future Tacoma add ons. Especially the wet okloe purchase. I really want them!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
x2

It's honestly giving me some anxiety issues lol.

How in the hell can our Government justify these prices? Most Americans are having a hard enough time financially and now they have to worry about how their gonna afford getting to and from places (like work) because they can't afford fuel. Somethings gotta give...and the sad thing is...we haven't seen shit yet. Their talking about 5+ dollars in the near future. That means it'll cost 100 bucks to fill the Tacoma...are you kidding me right now???
The government has ZERO to do with the price of oil. Speculation drives the price up alone. Thats why anyone saying they can reduce the price of gas if they were president, is full of shit.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #12

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
yeah vote the current senate and house out of office, overhaul the political system and we MIGHT- just MIGHT- get somewhere... very big dreaming right there lol
I agree with you entirely,...But I don't see what that can do to curb the price of oil. We can only reduce our need for it to remove the power from the oil company's and wall street. Happy days and cheap gas, are coming to an end. Things are going to get real, very soon I think.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Don't drive unless you need to. Consolidate trips. Work 4 10's if you can. Carpool. Take the bus/train/etc.

Run the low octane gas. Higher octane just robs you more. Maybe when you need to tow you might need more, but just add some octane booster. My gas mileage is the same regardless of what I run, so 87 for me. Some claim otherwise. I go with what I know.

A gas holiday won't do anything. People buy gas because they need it. So they'd just fuel up ahead of time. Taking a driving holiday would make a difference though, and by that, I mean parking the car for a day. The gubberment doesn't control gas prices - only the tax on gas. Have you seen the Saudi's who are driving silver and gold plated cars? They have all the gold, and it's black crude.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
Tacomanater is on a distinguished road

Tacomanater's Tacoma Gallery
I simply carry a small jar of vasoline. This makes it much easier to slip the wallet/creditcard in and out and when I bend over to fill the tank, it is somewhat less painful. What can we do.....nothing, period. They know they have us over a barrel. The pricing right now is politcally based (IMHO), and yes this is a spike in seasonal blending. Big Oil hates Obama/Dems and they are determined to slow the economy to make it more difficult for Obama.....hardball tatics and we all pay. Big Oil wants to drill more, increase their known reserves and that increases their stock prices.
This price gouging bullshit has been going on for decades (independence from foreign oil- mantra)....ain't gonna happen. So, suck it up or simply slow down.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #15

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's the world market that sets the price of oil. Wall street speculation drives it up even further. I read about how the pipeline in the news lately would only raise prices for oil because it would bring all the midwest reserves to the coast where it could be sold at "world market prices". Right now the midwest enjoys slightly less expensive gas than the coastal regions

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...st-pump-prices
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody know how anyone could keep gas prices lower? Drilling more and producing more means oil co's would simply sell more domestic oil overseas at higher prices. So how can ANYONE control the price of oil?
The only thing I could come up with is maybe a national "no driving" holiday to reduce demand a bit, but that would never fly.
Only way would be to no longer trade oil as a commodity.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #17

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Only way would be to no longer trade oil as a commodity.
Amen brother. I feel it should be outlawed, but the world would need to comply, and that will never, ever, happen. So we are back to the " reduce demand" tactic as the ONLY way to control our expenses regarding oil.

I can't imagine making it illegal to sell domestic oil outside the country. That would help a bit. Oil co's would NEVER go along, why should they?

So we are back to reducing demand again........
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Amen brother. I feel it should be outlawed, but the world would need to comply, and that will never, ever, happen. So we are back to the " reduce demand" tactic as the ONLY way to control our expenses regarding oil.

I can't imagine making it illegal to sell domestic oil outside the country. That would help a bit. Oil co's would NEVER go along, why should they?

So we are back to reducing demand again........
Only way woulb be for the government to start its own oil business. Uncle Sam brand oil lol. After all the gov really does need something to actually earn some coin instead of just taxes.

Oh and Uncle Sam brand nuclear energy. After all we are nuclear experts. Navy ships and subs for example.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #19

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Only way woulb be for the government to start its own oil business. Uncle Sam brand oil lol. After all the gov really does need something to actually earn some coin instead of just taxes.
Wow! The Tea party would FREAK OUT! haha. The oil co's would cry "no fair"!! Conservatives everywhere would go nuts! Wall street would have a cow! hahaha, that would be great.