Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

TRD Supercharger

Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger

Who has a TRD supercharger and is willing to give me a ride?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Who has a TRD supercharger and is willing to give me a ride?
Appears you're in the same boat as myself... Except I'm pretty much committed to it being my next mod now.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Buy it.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Appears you're in the same boat as myself... Except I'm pretty much committed to it being my next mod now.
You mean after the new light bar?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You mean after the new light bar?
No. Before. I have plenty of lumens... I need power. S/C, then grille and light bar.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
With the amount of people who have said it's night and day difference I don't understand why you're asking for a ride and not just gonna buy? Unless you're not interested in buying one and just want to see/feel the difference
Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL. I hate making decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
With the amount of people who have said it's night and day difference I don't understand why you're asking for a ride and not just gonna buy? Unless you're not interested in buying one and just want to see/feel the difference
A lot of people go from stock to supercharged and that is a night and day difference. I'm going from modded to modded supercharged and I want to feel that difference. But, also everyone has different butt dynos and I want to know what it's like personally.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination

I'm modded and don't feel like my truck is whole hell of a lot faster. Hoping that the S/C will make all of the mods worth it. Do IT!!!! I'm fairly certain you'll be happy
Old 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in same boat! I'm thinking about to buy one this summer!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Well you're lifted on 33s...

If I go TRD I'd have to buy a tuner to keep my current mods.
If I go URD it comes with the UCON (best tuner on the market) and I can tune for the mods. Plus, Gadget is 20 mins away and can help with the install and tuning.

I just have to figure out if I want to spend the money and if I want to spend 1k more than really necessary for boost.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Buy it and then give me a ride

Theres a swb x runner that runs up and down rt5 in st marys that is supercharged, hes messed with me quite a few times.. Never been able to talk to him tho.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Well you're lifted on 33s...

If I go TRD I'd have to buy a tuner to keep my current mods.
If I go URD it comes with the UCON (best tuner on the market) and I can tune for the mods. Plus, Gadget is 20 mins away and can help with the install and tuning.

I just have to figure out if I want to spend the money and if I want to spend 1k more than really necessary for boost.
Not necessarily. I am pretty set on the TRD, unless a URD comes up for a steal. I plan to run the reflash for a while and I have just about every N/A mod possible. Look up sdxrunner over on XRU. I believe he is running about 10lbs on the reflash so it's possible. Of course the UCON is the best solution though...
Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not necessarily. I am pretty set on the TRD, unless a URD comes up for a steal. I plan to run the reflash for a while and I have just about every N/A mod possible. Look up sdxrunner over on XRU. I believe he is running about 10lbs on the reflash so it's possible. Of course the UCON is the best solution though...
I feel like some trucks run really lean running those mods. Plus if you reflash you can't take the supercharger off. Or at least you can't bring it completely to stock.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
I feel like some trucks run really lean running those mods. Plus if you reflash you can't take the supercharger off. Or at least you can't bring it completely to stock.
I'm at a higher elevation too which helps my cause. The nice thing about the UCON is that it will adjust for altitude on the fly for you... If you want to pull everything off after the reflash though, the only thing you've got to leave is the injectors.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm at a higher elevation too which helps my cause. The nice thing about the UCON is that it will adjust for altitude on the fly for you... If you want to pull everything off after the reflash though, the only thing you've got to leave is the injectors.
You think there would be much of a power increase if you didn't supercharge immediately and just got a UCON?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
You think there would be much of a power increase if you didn't supercharge immediately and just got a UCON?
Do I think it will run better? Of course. However, I don't feel like there will be enough of a difference that you are like yeah, that is the BEST $1400 I have spent on my engine. I think the mods that you and I have done are towards the limits until we get into the realm of boost. That is why I am looking to pick up the S/C and then pick up the UCON shortly after. I mean, I don't know what the UCON will pull out of a completely stock engine, but I know the X-1 pulled something like 30 horse out. Sure, an extra 30 horse will give you some pep and enough to be noticeable, but won't make it a brand new truck. A system like this is meant to get you DIALED in when you're now all of a sudden boosted and want that extra last hp all while staying at a safe and efficient AFR.