Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Does anyone in the Catskills wheel there Tacos?

Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
EVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ray
EVILSTI's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone in the Catskills wheel there Tacos?

So does anyone in or around the Catskills (NY) actually wheel there Tacos? I've posted up a bunch of times about getting people together to wheel and not one reply. If anyone wants to hit some trails let me know. I have a small group I wheel with locally. (4Runner, FJ, Rubicon, Cherokee)

A few pics from todays outing by East Durham :

Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
EVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to beholdEVILSTI is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
EVILSTI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
They look like some pretty good trails. Let me know the next time you go out, if I am off I will try to make it.

We are talking about taking another trip to Old Florida road over in Mass on Sunday. If you would be interested in that let me know. You can search YouTube for Old Florida Road. Also I can do some local trails pretty much whenever so let me know when your free.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
im from saratoga area and have been really jonesing for some offroad action...
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #13

Law Enforcement:
EVILSTI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow that is a good trail..... hopefully there is a way around that big rock for trucks like mine....

There are a few "go-arounds" but they go on private property and using them is frowned upon. The whole road is rough and there are many ledges like in the pics. Not the best trail without a lift and 33"+ tires, sliders, armor, lockers.....
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ehh that is rough. Have you done anything other then the lift and tires to your truck? I see that you have front bumper, the average truck would not make it up that rock. Your truck is the best looking on the lineup on the side of the road..... I couldnt bring myself to taking my daily driver up that trail it seems.... maybe the pics are a bit deceiving though
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #16

Law Enforcement:
EVILSTI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ehh that is rough. Have you done anything other then the lift and tires to your truck? I see that you have front bumper, the average truck would not make it up that rock. Your truck is the best looking on the lineup on the side of the road..... I couldnt bring myself to taking my daily driver up that trail it seems.... maybe the pics are a bit deceiving though

Yeah things that will help in places like there that I have done are front and rear AP bumpers, Front IFS skid, trans skid, beefed Sliders, winch (that will be used ), removed spare tire from under back end and the most important thing is having the balls to take your truck in a place like that and not worry about a dent or scratches. Then all the other stuff in my build thread that I've done.
The pics are very deceiving. But not how you would think. Actually lots of that shit is worse in person. The pics don't do some of those obstacles justice. Here is a pic from December when we went. That shows the size of what your dealing with there. Fun stuff. I will include the link with more pics from that trip also.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post4281989

Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I am not even close to being tough enough!