Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Kayak across NJ

Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Kayak across NJ

2 day trip
3 night camp
not a booze cruise
no bumper boats
must have your own yak - 12' preferred
camping in state parks
limited space available
sharing tents and necessities
can't drop out
must be able to kayak all day and into the night for the entire weekend
if you haven't camped at one of the local meets with us - I'm sorry, but this trip isn't for you...keeping this one to people we all know locally

Dates: End of August or early September depending on the other guys I know and are planning it with.

PM me if interested, but if we get a ton of people I apologize ahead of time this will be a SMALL group and all may not be able to make it. The more people the more logistical issues we just don't want to have to worry about.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Possiblely interested but I do start my fall semester around then. Also not shore if I can fit my gear in the yak
Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
im in if i can store my soda at said campsites
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
im in if i can store my soda at said campsites

That's all up to you buddy.

Figure we hit the water Friday night and get out Sunday. You would need to store (2) caches of soda at (2) camps and have one nights packed with you. So far there is no way to drop off 2 cars at separate camps sites + leave 1 at the drop off and 1 at the destination spread out across NJ. This is why I don't plan on doing much more then eating some tomatoes and maybe a gulp or two of some high test soda out of my flask.

Like I said this won't be people staying up until 2am partying. More of a nerdy nature man in the woods type thing. Consider it a hiking trip but in water.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
That's all up to you buddy.

Figure we hit the water Friday night and get out Sunday. You would need to store (2) caches of soda at (2) camps and have one nights packed with you. So far there is no way to drop off 2 cars at separate camps sites + leave 1 at the drop off and 1 at the destination spread out across NJ. This is why I don't plan on doing much more then eating some tomatoes and maybe a gulp or two of some high test soda out of my flask.

Like I said this won't be people staying up until 2am partying. More of a nerdy nature man in the woods type thing. Consider it a hiking trip but in water.
i do bring sodda hiking too... my pack weighs nearly 100 pds
Old 07-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i do bring sodda hiking too... my pack weighs nearly 100 pds
Ill be researching the camp spots and have them figured out by the end of next week. Ill PM you the locations.

So far if you go we only need one more person to make it an even 4 which is perfect for logistics and driving.

You can always tow my 9' kayak behind you...hahaha
Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Ill be researching the camp spots and have them figured out by the end of next week. Ill PM you the locations.

So far if you go we only need one more person to make it an even 4 which is perfect for logistics and driving.

You can always tow my 9' kayak behind you...hahaha
sounds like a good idea but i recommend trying it before hand pull the girlfriend on and in tube be hind my yak once and it sucked so much extra energy

im interested to see the details on this trip.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjf216 View Post
sounds like a good idea but i recommend trying it before hand pull the girlfriend on and in tube be hind my yak once and it sucked so much extra energy

im interested to see the details on this trip.

oh I'm kidding... this is going to be a paddle fest. if your dragging another yak youll be left in the dust and showing up to camp after the rest of us have eaten dinner
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
where are you thinking of doing this? river wise..
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #11
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
where are you thinking of doing this? river wise..

Mullica from around Atsion to the shore. So far it seems to be impossible to do the whole trip in 2 days. I know I could, but I'm not so sure about the others in smaller/wider yaks. Looks like we would need to do about 20-30 miles per day. I know my arms are ready
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
BIG DADDY

im out
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im out

I didn't think you could hang anyway