Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Mod Install Guidance

Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
bojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JB
bojinns's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Mod Install Guidance

TW Members;

Thanks for reading and for providing input.

I have just recently installed an AFE CAI and am seriously considering adding the following next:
1. URD Cat Back Exhaust (welcome to other suggestions as well)
2. URD MAF sensor calibrator (to take full advantage of the CAI and Exhaust Mods)

I was wondering (since I couldnt turn a wrench if my life depended on it); where do you all recommend I get the installs done: Dealer, Hi Tech Auto and Truck, another forum member (if possible; will pay; provide beer; etc); another service shop?

thanks again.

JB
Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
bojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shedbojinns is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bojinns's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the response. I live in Northern Virginia; just outside DC.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojinns View Post
thanks for the response. I live in Northern Virginia; just outside DC.
There is a Tacoma meet in annapolis next weekend, check out the north east regional page. Also there are a great bunch of guys in your area that if you go to a mini meet I'm sure someone would be able to guide you through an install. It took all of 15 minutes to do my cat back exhaust install. It was super easy. A cold air intake takes a little longer, but it is also fairly easy. I'm not familiar with mech shops in the DC area, but I imagine if you tossed some good ole boy $50 and a sixer, you'd have what you need. If you go with a set of Doug Thorley headers, I would be a little more careful in your selection process. But a good mechanic could do that install in about 45 minutes, as long as the fasteners aren't rusted tight. Get on the regional forum for MD and VA and I'm sure those guys might just say c'mon over and get er' done, or at least recomend a trusted shop in your area. I could do it, but your gonna have to come toward Philly. Good luck
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
bojinns's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Tex for the input. I'll definitely start looking for some meets near me.