View Poll Results: SOUTH NJ KAYAK / CAMPOUT TRIP DATES
AUG. 24TH - 26TH 2 25.00%
AUG. 31ST - SEPT. 2ND 4 50.00%
SEPT. 21ST - 23RD 4 50.00%
SEPT 14 - 16TH 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
In as well, provided I can acquire a kayak, like db above ^

That's a little steep for me, might have to float down the river on a tube or something
oh boy stock up on body filler now......

and yes its steep.....
might just as well buy one and sell it when ur done with it
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
Sept 21-23 is the only weekend I could do, and even that is questionable.
I suppose I could do Aug 24-26 if I skip a fantasy football draft.
I can do both. Can't do September 14-16. Got a truck show/wheeling meet going on that weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I'm down for any of the dates.
Lies all lies ....^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post

people need to vote.....
thats all im saying.......
the not so bright guy...all we wanted was a vote.....
Put me down for the dates the ginger is available in August - or September 21-23.

Quote:
I could be persuaded to miss it if that is the weekend chosen.

Someone find me a yak to buy on craigslist. And no Scott, no Kyle, I don't want your POS kids yaks.
Didn't I give you the guys e-mail that has a shit ton in PA? He has like 30k in used yaks and gear at all times.

Quote:
That's a little steep for me, might have to float down the river on a tube or something
Quote:
oh boy stock up on body filler now......
and yes its steep.....
might just as well buy one and sell it when ur done with it

The site says $50 a day for dropping off and picking up on a river so hit up Adams and see what he will do for you for a weekend without transportation.. I'm sure you might get him down to $60 for 2 days if it's late September when we go. No one rents that late in the Season. http://www.adamscanoerental.com/index.html CASH ONLY

When it gets closer I might have a yak or two available, but I won't know for a while. Dude who owns the one I'm storing usually drops out the night before a trip.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #23
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is there any rental places i can rent a yak from? for the weekend..pick up on a friday return on a sunday?
Quote:

Dick's sporting goods has cheap ass kayaks, I bought one for $140, $35 for a paddle, and who needs a life jacket.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Dick's sporting goods has cheap ass kayaks, I bought one for $140, $35 for a paddle, and who needs a life jacket.

the law states it. need a jacket and whistle in boat for each person.

night time you need a single light

Old 08-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't I give you the guys e-mail that has a shit ton in PA? He has like 30k in used yaks and gear at all times.
Maybe you posted it before but I wasn't considering buying a yak then?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #27
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe you posted it before but I wasn't considering buying a yak then?

I just hit my buddy up for it. Maybe he still has it - I know I don't.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #29
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thats the guy I bet. He was in Downingtown and his description seems like the same one from my buddy.

Not a bad price, but I paid $89 less for the same exact yak

Hell I would get it if I were you. Out of everyone I have seen or ridden in I like mine the best. Huge amount of room and comfortable....also fast
Old 08-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #30
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/3114272565.html

same yak but $449.00 and same dude lol
Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/3114272565.html

same yak but $449.00 and same dude lol
Haha, yeah I'm noticing several yaks listed by this same guy. Did your buddy deal with this guy before?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #33
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, yeah I'm noticing several yaks listed by this same guy. Did your buddy deal with this guy before?

Yup. I picked it up for/with him. His Volvo can't fit a 12' yak

We drove to the guys house and he had tons of shit. His 2 car garage was packed with trailers, yaks, paddles, life jackets, roof racks, spray skirts. You name it he had it. His backyard was also filled with yaks. When we pulled up he had three sitting outside waiting for people to pick them up. Super cool dude.

If that is really him when you e-mail him ask him for 'the list'. He has a brochure with pics/prices of his inventory. You never know if he has something better. My buddy was set on the wilderness though. The Sundance is super easy to get in and out of because it's got a huge cockpit unlike the wilderness.

Don't forget to haggle a mofo. I got $100 off mine just by waiting and low balling (from someone else)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #34
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
i haz a yak..... it would be for my buddy.....
but might just tell him to stay home or try n rent one from our town....
Quote:
Or perhaps this one (similar to Joe's?):
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...417832.4417969
pretty sure thats the one linwood has "slimwood"
he is a big dude so
but i dont see any head protection?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Yup. I picked it up for/with him. His Volvo can't fit a 12' yak

We drove to the guys house and he had tons of shit. His 2 car garage was packed with trailers, yaks, paddles, life jackets, roof racks, spray skirts. You name it he had it. His backyard was also filled with yaks. When we pulled up he had three sitting outside waiting for people to pick them up. Super cool dude.

If that is really him when you e-mail him ask him for 'the list'. He has a brochure with pics/prices of his inventory. You never know if he has something better. My buddy was set on the wilderness though. The Sundance is super easy to get in and out of because it's got a huge cockpit unlike the wilderness.

Don't forget to haggle a mofo. I got $100 off mine just by waiting and low balling (from someone else)
i tried byrans 12' wilderness and it was tight.....made mine feel like home...
honestly i liken my yak after the new seat cusion....it could be faster and tract straighter but for the weight of it.....im going to keep it....
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or perhaps this one (similar to Joe's?):
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...417832.4417969

No place for a cooler = fail

It has a nice sized cockpit, fat man weight rating, great camo, and good reviews. It's expensive and heavy IMO. I would get the Sundance over that any day.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i tried byrans 12' wilderness and it was tight.....made mine feel like home...
honestly i liken my yak after the new seat cusion....it could be faster and tract straighter but for the weight of it.....im going to keep it....

you would be fine in the one Dalton posted

Field & Stream 12' Eagle Run Kayak Review:
I`m 330lb and 6ft tall and I fit OK in it.It handled nicely.I`m out of shape and Fat so getting in and out was hilarious,but the ladies had absolutely no problem.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #38

Quote:

It has a nice sized cockpit, fat man weight rating, great camo, and good reviews. It's expensive and heavy IMO. I would get the Sundance over that any day.
The picture for the red one shows the seat much farther forward, like there would be enough space behind the seat for a cooler.

But yeah, once you add paddle and vest that gets to be much more than the used ones.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #39
BIG DADDY

Quote:

who's the drunk now
Quote:
you would be fine in the one Dalton posted

Field & Stream 12' Eagle Run Kayak Review:
I`m 330lb and 6ft tall and I fit OK in it.It handled nicely.I`m out of shape and Fat so getting in and out was hilarious,but the ladies had absolutely no problem.
yea but the weight on it omg
i helped lift joes in and out and omg....no frickin way...
i was able to throw mine over my shoulder and walk it down to the water no problem......joes i would have lost a nut
Quote:
The picture for the red one shows the seat much farther forward, like there would be enough space behind the seat for a cooler.

But yeah, once you add paddle and vest that gets to be much more than the used ones.
i keep my cooler up in front of my feet
Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #40
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im liking the seat
20 buck from dicks its a canoe seat you should pick on up instead of that shit you keep gluing in to ur yak