1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anybody on here from CT?

Discussion in 'North East' started by xtirtzt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Sep 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    Im in newington but will travel to where ever to help out. CT is tiny enough and Im in the dead middle. I have my 5100s and 885s sitting here. I have the longer rear 5100s because I plan on getting 2 plus in the rear when I get a new leaf pack.

I am def down to drive and bring whatever I can to help on any install. Even just to see it done and get some experience.

2. Sep 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    C.Sickler251

C.Sickler251 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 3" Toyotec
    3" Toyotec Tinted Tails Tinted Glass 10" Kicker W/ 900W RF AMP Debadged
    Hey guys new member first post actually, but been viewing the site for a while now. I have been searching everywhere around here for a used set of 16 inch rims with an offset. Preferably with tires mounted around 32" tall. If your guys could keep an eye out for me that would be awesome. I do not really want to ship, I would rather keep it local.

3. Sep 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Welcome to the site, where in ct are you? So are you looking for aftermarket wheels or just any 16s and you want more backspacing? You could always get spacers and there is tons of 16" trd offroad wheels for sale around here. My stock 16s might be for sale soon since my new 17s came in the mail today.

4. Sep 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    lodi781

lodi781 Alexander Supertramp

Member:
    shelton CT
    Vehicle:
    '16 4runner trail
    ARB by-51’s, dobinson springs, Gobi Rack, Black Oak single row LED roof bar

...Sooo, TRD6speed also has hoffmans and newington gun exchange...He wins for place to meet.

5. Sep 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    C.Sickler251

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 3" Toyotec
    I live in meriden (hopefully only for the next 6 months or so) , work in East Hartford.

All the wheels i find around here on C/L that are 6 lug X 5.5 are 15's and they will not fit over the front calipers.

Really would like a set of aftermarket offroad style 16's. I am not sure on what i feel about spacers. Trying to eliminate need to use them. Most tire shops will not work on a truck that has them installed. I can't go to 285's without backspacing and 275/70/17 is such a limited tire. So they are much more expensive.

My 2 cents would be Newington Gun for the Parking. I may be a bit bias because i am good friends with the owners son, a couple people that work there, and my best friend worked there for a while in his process of becoming a cop. :infantry:

6. Sep 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    You know Lars then, he taught my class for my CCW..............I just sold them my GFs 22 ruger. Hoffmans is great too. Nice indoor range. I also have another indoor range in Bristol I go to that is relatively good price and nice place to shoot. the parking lot at Newington Gun is very large if we ever wanted to do a meet and/or go shooting afterward.

Good to see some action on the CT thread.

7. Sep 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    C.Sickler251

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 3" Toyotec
    Yup. Pretty sure everyone in the gun community around here knows lars. Haven't seen him much now that he is so involved with his ems stuff. Wolfs range in bristol is the other range you speak of. I do alot of shooting on a freinds private property o
    In Glastonbury.

Also have 2 close friends who have fab shops middletown and bristol if someone needs a place to wprk on their truck. Much easier at a shop with all the right tools. Did my lift in 4 hours.

8. Sep 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ^whats the name of the shop in middletown? I dont have to much experience when it comes to working on trucks. I dont have a problem with paying someone to do the work i just want to be there and help so i can learn how to do suspension work on my truck.
    CT thread blowing up! We gatta set something up, just meet up or a trail run maybe? Stock friendly haha

9. Sep 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    C.Sickler251

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 3" Toyotec
    ^No specific name. My MX riding partner and his brother rent the bay, and work on modifying cars there on the side. Both are fabricators and do great work. I can send pictures of their work if you would like to see what they can do. As far as mounting a lift kit, its almost as easy as talking about it.

10. Sep 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab

Ya I used to see him when I'd stop in at the shop. Havent seen his car there though recently like you said. Didnt know he was doing EMS. I only really know him through my CCW class and seeing him around town and such. Nice guy and the class I took he made fun.

Thats great that you have access to a garage...........I would love to install my lift myself and help anyone else on theirs.

If we could come up with a stock friendly run I would def be down.....only place Ive gone in CT is cochaponesett(sp) and it was just some fire roads and a little trail action. Even if it was a little bit of a longer trip I'd def consider going.

11. Sep 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Cockaponset in chester? Thats where i go but i know the state forest is kinda spread out all over that part of the state so we might bot be talking about the same place. In chester its mainly dirt roads but there is two trails i have found that are kinda fun but pretty easy. Theres also some areas that were onced bloked off by the swinging yellow gates, but someone cut the locks and they have been open since last summer. Theres are old gravel/sand pit thats fun to mess around in and the other area has some deep mud and a pretty gnarly hill climb but i havnt gotten the balls to try either yet on my stock rubber. If you are talking about chester you gatta check out cedar swamp road, theres one water crossing thats like 16-18 inches deep and hard packed on the bottom, then just some rocky trails that are kinda technical for stock. Any one ever been to nepaug state forest? i heard its pretty good.

12. Sep 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I just dont have the the ideal tools and knowledge to be confident enough to go for it myself, even tho im sure if i did go for it i would figure it out. I'm a carpenter so i like to think i am somewhat mechanically inclined haha, but i dont even own a floorjack or torque wrench. I just wanna learn from someone that knows what they are doing so i dont hafta learn from my mistakes. Thanks for the help by the way i might hafta hit you up when its time to intall the lift.

13. Sep 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
  14. Sep 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Yup................thats it in chester. Down RT 9 from me. I havent gone there since I got my truck but now that you mention the sand pits thats where I learned that sand can make it anywhere in ur truck if you drive through it and do donuts. I also found a couple trails and know of the metal gates.......one was unlocked for me and thats the trail i took....got to a point where i wasnt going alone anymore............def got pretty hairy. I would love to cross some water.....just did the rear diff breather mod and wanna try it out.

15. Sep 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
  16. Sep 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    plan something up, mod day or shooting day, or whatever. if im not working i'll try to make it up from Georgetown, as long as its not more than a hr or so away.

let me know

17. Sep 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I vote mod day slash lift mine and trd6speed's trucks haha. I would be down for whatever even though i dont really shoot. Sundays would be best for me, i work most saturdays. What is everyone else thinking?

18. Sep 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    fenway.park27

fenway.park27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    CT
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD off road access cab
    Front and rear Weathertech floormats, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Bracket, anytime fog lights, always on cigarette lighter & power outlet mod, center console and glovebox organizer, LED map and dome lights, Flyzeye LED, Fumoto oil drain valve, FT-8800 ham radio, tailgate theft mod
    Vernon checking in.

:oldglory:

19. Sep 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Stratford here. If you guys do a meet or garage day throw me a Pm. Would love to meet up and check out some future mods for my truck

20. Sep 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I work in stratford all the time, If you see a MGM access cab with a color matched satoshi and blacked out badges honk at me haha

Products Discussed in

To Top