Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

anybody on here from CT?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #281
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Hey CT and NE guys.................anyone looking to fix their shitty leafs? Maybe add some lift too like me? Maybe we can help each other out.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html

Anyone with the tools necessary and know how to do this wanna team up maybe? Im more than willing to pay for all donors if needs be and supply food and beverage. Will come to you.

Looks like a great way to avoid buying new expensive leaf packs and get rid of the sag. Beef up the rear a bit with good american leaf packs...........plus we can add lift. Guys on the thread have it as the 3 main leafs on a chevy I think.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #282
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
That link sends you to reply to that thread just to let ya know. Ive read that thread before tho looks like an awesome way to save some money. I just ordered dakars a few hours ago, so if want some saggy donor leafs you can have mine. might be a little while before i install them tho. Ive got tools just not the knowhow haha.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #283
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
That link sends you to reply to that thread just to let ya know. Ive read that thread before tho looks like an awesome way to save some money. I just ordered dakars a few hours ago, so if want some saggy donor leafs you can have mine. might be a little while before i install them tho. Ive got tools just not the knowhow haha.
fixed it.............ya.....im trying to sell some stuff on CL now to maybe just buy some dakars. Just wanted to put it out there. I gotta find some chevy donors 1st though.

If I get some donors maybe we can give it a try and at worst it just fucks up some cheap or free donors.

On a sidenote.............i got a illuminated 4x4 switch. I have to figure out to install that too soon. Its just sitting here with about a grand worth of lift stuff.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #284
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha nice man, im almost there also. Got my light racing UCAs and scs F6 wheels just sitting in my room so i look at them everyday, just motivation to get it all done. Just ordered the complete OME setup from DSM today. Dakars, 885s, nitrochargers front and back, trim packer and carrier bearing drop. Went to the dealer also and ordered new bushings for the leaf shackle and new UCA bolts, figured it would be worth it to make the install go easier. Now i just gatta decide if i wanna get top plate spacers for the extra 1/2 inch up front. Problem is i dont want bad cv angles and i dont want to limit the down travel to much, on the other hand i dont want to much rake, also have been tossing around the idea of removing a leaf from the dakars to get eveything closer to level. So maybe those could go towards your possible frankenleaf pack haha.

Cant decide if i should try to tackle all this myself, or even with the help from tacomaworld. Its alot of work for one day, and alot to ask of guys i dont really know haha. It would be nice to do it so i can learn, and be able to fix anything that goes wrong. Maybe ill just do it in the driveway and drive my moms old ranger for the week but i dont even have a floor jack so that means more money on tools. I have been working on getting a quote to have it done by a shop, i figure for the time it will take me to do it myself i could be working extra hours which would pay for someone else to do it.

Anyone have any experience with exteme vehicle builders out of danbury? They are the only shop i have been able to find in CT that specializes in offroad rigs.

Oh and about the dakars, DSM was the best price i have found. They will send a set out here with u bolts for 500, thats shipped and they told me they ushually charge a handling fee but they wave it for tacomaworld members. They are listed other places like toytec for 199 a piece but after shipping and u bolts it would be over 5.

Edit: this thread name should be changed to trd6speed evanmb31 b/s thread...or we should just make one haha.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #285
Cool man............Ya im torn between doing it myself with some guys and saving up. Seeing that Im trying to save for a move Im gonna lean towards trying to do it myself. The springs just will have to wait for 500 but maybe if I can figure out a way to get the Frankenleaf done the lift will go on. I still need the bushhings and bolts for UCAs as well.

What did you get 4 bushings? Toss me the part number on there too will ya? if I order online its 20% off from the dealership and no shipping charges on parts they order.

I also need the top plate spacers from toytec. After seeing that guys truck sit level with the 1/2" spacer and 2" AAL I def want the spacer if im lifting the rear more than 2". Prob still have a tad of rake but not look Hotwheels.

I also need a floor jack..........and better stands but have 2 torque wrenches haha
Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #286

Ive got the parts numbers at home, ill get them to ya later. Easy to find tho, dsm has the part numbers for the bushing on the page for the ome complete kit, wheelers also sells aftermarket bushings, as well as two different sized top plate spaces. Just searched tacomaworld for the uca bolt numbers

Ya i got 4 bushings from toyota, i think the were like 8 bucks a piece, and the uca bolts were like 9 a piece. You really dont nees these, i guess you can reuse stock parts in both cases i just figured it would be easier to install with all new parts
Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #287

Forgot about the part numbers! Working 12 hour days this week and my brain is fried haha.
Uca bolt - 90105-A0095
Leaf spring shackle bushing 90389-A0003
Sonny from DSM just called me, my OME kit is shipping tomorrow!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #288

WOOO! 500th post! Im catching up to ya trd6speed lol. Just a little ct thread bump. Got my lift last week! Just gatta find time to do the install now, oh ya and get some more money for tires. Almost there!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #289
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Bristol, ct checking in. Just got a '10 Taco

Old 12-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsnake View Post
Bristol, ct checking in. Just got a '10 Taco
Nice! Looks like we might try to plan a modest trail run sometime. post in here if your interested http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post6164841

Edited for new thread
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #292
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery

I have family down in the RI area so I am down that way quite often. It would be cool to learn a few new places to go. I may tag along if I am around when you guys decide to go. I am all stock, so I dont do anything too crazy with my daily driver but it would be fun to get it dirty and meet some cool people...