Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

anybody on here from CT?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #41
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the rear spring TSB done at Greentree Toyota in Danbury. They have been great. They also replaced my wheels at 35,000 miles because the finish was bubbling.

GA
Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #42
flygirl is on a distinguished road

flygirl's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb

Taking my Taco in tomorrow to Wallingford Toyota hoping for the Trans. fix.....also plan on mentioning the suspension & the on/off problem with the radio. Wish me luck
Old 12-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #43
flygirl is on a distinguished road

flygirl's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from the dealer. The guy got annoyed because I gave him a list problems but told him to focus on the Trans. TSB...well, They had my truck for less than an hr. Told me they did the TSB, ordered a new radio & won't do anything about the leaf springs because it only goes up to the '08' models. I told him that the leaf springs have the same part # as the '08' & he says "well the ones on your truck are the improved ones".....so why use an old part # ? ...I told him rather than talk stupid, just say "no". I asked for paperwork to show that the TSB was done on the Trans. & he said I'll get it when they do the radio. I notice no differance in driving...so I doubt it was even done. In @ 7am...out @ 7:30am.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #44
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
flygirl....I took my 2010 SR5 Access Cab 4X4 to Lorensen Toyota in Old Saybrook on Dec. 4th, complaining about the ride. They told me that they were unable to replace the suspension parts because of the year applicability given on TSB. When I asked about the part numbers being the same as the ones being replaced, they said they understood my question and would contact the regional rep and get back to me. As I have heard nothing from them yet, I intend to hit them up again today. Will let you and all know the results.....
Good luck with yours!
Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 AM   #45
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
The other thing I did was point out that I bought the truck in New Hampshire (much better price), and that I was looking for a dealership for my service business...and asked them if they were that dealership. I won't know until I hear from them whether they will get my business or not..........
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #46
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
Just got back from the dealer. The guy got annoyed because I gave him a list problems but told him to focus on the Trans. TSB...well, They had my truck for less than an hr. Told me they did the TSB, ordered a new radio & won't do anything about the leaf springs because it only goes up to the '08' models. I told him that the leaf springs have the same part # as the '08' & he says "well the ones on your truck are the improved ones".....so why use an old part # ? ...I told him rather than talk stupid, just say "no". I asked for paperwork to show that the TSB was done on the Trans. & he said I'll get it when they do the radio. I notice no differance in driving...so I doubt it was even done. In @ 7am...out @ 7:30am.
Sorry to hear you had some resistance from them. They did my trans. TSB so problem. I'm sure they did it because I could tell the difference right away. Not sure what's going on with the radio. They keep tellling me it's backordered but it's been 4 months now. That's just rediculous. Radio's not so bad right now. Much worse in hot humid weather or really cold but def. worse in the summer. Anyway, I may eventually get an aftermarket radio so I'm not too worried about it.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #47
CtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the rough

Army:
CtYankee's Tacoma Gallery
hey all! middletown accounted for
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #48
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
xtirtzt there is a meet in north NJ this weekend if you want to look that one up in northeast. Its like a 70 minute drive for me and I am going to make it, i dont know how far wayne, nj is for you but there are a few that are making the trip from nearly 3 hours away just so you know. Let me know
Old 01-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #50
CtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the roughCtYankee is a jewel in the rough

Army:
greetings fellow nutmeggers!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #51
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Just to let everyone know, when the nice weather gets here I'm going to try to put together a cookout/meet and greet in Pachaug State Forest, Voluntown. Still early, but I'll try to make it happen.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #52

Army:
cool! keep us posted!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #53
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
middletown here. grew up in meriden.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #54

Army:
howdy neighbor! meh, ct's small... were all neighbors
Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #55
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
what part of middletown are you from?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #57
ballbright is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
ballbright's Tacoma Gallery
West Hartford here
Old 01-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #58

Army:
just moved here a few years ago... grew up in orange.
now live on the middlefield side of middletown... the quiet side
you?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #59
over by xavier high. nice quiet little neighborhood over on this side too.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #60

Army:
yea, once you get away from the downtown area, its all nice n quiet, for the most part.