LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

MA dealer experience quick review

Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
MA dealer experience quick review

Just wanted to put this out there for any of you in ma or ri. I recently bought my 09 from bernardi toyota in Framingham. I got a good price and the buying part was relatively easy, but that's about the best I can say for them. I had a question a couple days later and tried calling bernardi, I got a person on the phone who wouldn't answer my question and transferee me to the sales rep who sold me the truck. He didn't answer so I left a message...two days later still no return call so I call again and same exact scenario. I left a second message and here it is two weeks later and I never got a return call. It wasn't an important question but it's just principal of the thing, f'ing return a customers call dammit!

Then I tried dealing with their service dept. Part of my deal for buying the truck was getting my michelins transferred from old truck to new and the service dept was supposed to have an appt for me. I showed up a few minutes early for my appt and find put they had no record of any appt and had no idea what I was talking about, so I had to wait for service to talk to sales to get it all straight. I then had to wait 4 hours for them to transfer the 4 tires. Finally get it back and go home.

A few days later I haul my first small load and the springs are sagging. I find the tsb info and make an appt for bernardi to check it out. I drop it off and leave it overnight, wait until 3pm the next day and finally call them to find out what's going on. I get a person who transfers me to the voicemail of the tech who checked me in the previous day so I leave a message and wait an hour. I call back and find out that person isn't even working that day. The person I'm now talking to cant find my records so I have to wait again for him to call me back. He finally gets back to me and tells me they took it for a test drive and everything is fine. I ask them how they load tested it and he doesn't know what I'm talking about, turns out the complaint that was entered was "customer complains of harsh ride", nothing about WHEN LOADED!

Which brings me to Ira Toyota of Milford. I'm there right now, they listened to my complaint of sagging springs, wrote down all the info and fax number that Toyota corporate gave me when I called them and complained about bernardi, said they will check it out and if they have parts in stock might even be able to start work today and give me a loaner car. I don't know how it'll turn out yet or if I'll get the tsb springs but the overall experience so far has been much better. Ira just seems much more competent.

I know this is pretty long but hopefully if any of you are local and looking for a dealer to work with this will help you.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Stealerships....scumbags get ur $ and after that u r on ur own..sorry to hear that.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep, and there's not much you can do. Noticed you live in Chesapeake, I went to high school down there at Indian river hs. Lived over in plantation lakes near the va beach line.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just a word of caution with Ira of Milford, check their work! Their service reps are great and really do a good job making you feel comfortable with them. When I got an alignment, I tried giving the service rep custom specs and he actually brought me down to talk to the alignment tech to make sure he knew what I wanted. That was great and meant a lot to me. The bad, the alignment tech got the specs I wanted and didn't torque down the LCA bolts (kind of important). I heard a clunk and went under to check it out and found them loose. I make another appt, they apologized, got me right in, and I waited 3 hours for them to do a second alignment... That's where they lost me. They then sent out one of their surveys to find out how they did. I rated them honestly, wrote up what happened, said the reps were great, they messed up the alignment and the new appt took WAY too long especially considering they were fixing their own mistake. No call back, nothing (Prime Toyota in Dedham would always call once their surverys were returned, regardless of good feedback or bad which I always thought was nice).
Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #5

Good to know, thanks. I'm still waiting to find out if they're going to actually do any work or not.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 09 taco from Harr in Worcester and had good experience with them.

Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM RTE 44 TOYOTA in Raynham and TOYOTA OF DARTMOUTH obviously in Dartmouth. I would give them to a tie on the worst dealerships ever to deal with.

Both their service and work was horrid and the reason I had to sell the truck. I had nothing but problems with the truck after they got their hands on it. 4 Clutches, 2 6spd trannys, a drive shaft, a rear end and rear suspension is normal to have to replace in a truck with less than 20k miles Especially when they dont tighten down the bolts that hold the center carrier bearing up and it drops down doing 75mph on the highway and twists the drive shaft into a pretzel and tweaks every other bearing/shaft in the entire truck. All of the problems came after that happened from them having to replace the clutch because the disk was defective from the factory and blew apart at 4k miles

I really feed bad for the poor bastard that got stuck with that truck after i traded it in for a different one that they hadn't touched
Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white91formula View Post
Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM RTE 44 TOYOTA in Raynham and TOYOTA OF DARTMOUTH obviously in Dartmouth. I would give them to a tie on the worst dealerships ever to deal with.
x2 for Dartmouth

I had an airbag light i brought to them to diagnose, they couldn't figure it out so they gave me a "complimentary" alignment. They gave me the graph and caster was greyed out. I asked and they told me caster can't be adjusted on my truck. Psh and i had just had my alignment done a few weeks earlier. so all they did for me was mess up my alignment and not do anything about my airbag light. ( which i later fixed myself after finding i could read the codes by jumping terminals on the obd2 port )
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
x2 for Dartmouth

They were the ones who originally fucked the truck up, RTE 44 only made it worse but Dartmouth was by far the worst
Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white91formula View Post
I bought my 09 taco from Harr in Worcester and had good experience with them.

I work with them a little when I started shopping for my Taco but I ended up at Herb Chambers in Auburn--they gave me the $ I was looking for on my '03 Ram 2500 and when they messed up and got me a TX instead of a TX Pro, they swapped in the stainless exhaust gratis. So far so good on their service as well. I trust Chambers and Harr the most in central MA.