Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

NH truck requirements/inspections

Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
NH truck requirements/inspections

looking at moving back east next summer and looking through some of the requirements for vehicles and the inspections, i was wondering what people have seen as issues with inspections themselves?

there's lift laws, light height requirements, tint limits, etc out here but rarely are ever enforced.

do you see the same thing out there? laws in place but not enforced? we don't have inspections, only emission tests so most things aren't examined.

any issues with tire sizes?

mud flaps?

light heights?

not having off-road lights covered?

tint limits?

bumper heights?

thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
looking at moving back east next summer and looking through some of the requirements for vehicles and the inspections, i was wondering what people have seen as issues with inspections themselves?

there's lift laws, light height requirements, tint limits, etc out here but rarely are ever enforced.

do you see the same thing out there? laws in place but not enforced? we don't have inspections, only emission tests so most things aren't examined.

any issues with tire sizes?

mud flaps?

light heights?

not having off-road lights covered?

tint limits?

bumper heights?

thanks
Depending on where you go....I tried someone new b/c I received a coupon in the mail (never again).

The last inspection I had almost failed b/c of my bumper height. They used 3 different tools to independently measure it. Turns out it was <1in lower than the max height. One of my custom fog lights were out - they told me to replace or remove for the sticker.

I run duratracs (265R17) w/out any inspection issues.

You will get pulled over for violating tint laws.

I just recently took my front mud flaps off so we shall see. I also don't have off-road lights.

In summary - i think it depends on where you go...
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been pulled over in VT for tinted windows, i know your talking about a different state but some cops enforce this stuff. NYCO i like the description of your truck haha
Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
Depending on where you go....I tried someone new b/c I received a coupon in the mail (never again).

The last inspection I had almost failed b/c of my bumper height. They used 3 different tools to independently measure it. Turns out it was <1in lower than the max height. One of my custom fog lights were out - they told me to replace or remove for the sticker.

I run duratracs (265R17) w/out any inspection issues.

You will get pulled over for violating tint laws.

I just recently took my front mud flaps off so we shall see. I also don't have off-road lights.

In summary - i think it depends on where you go...
yea the bumper height, tire size and tire width has me concerned..

and the lack of mud flaps, but i can put those on for inspection..

idk why they have to crack down on shit like that...you should see the vehicles that are legally able to drive the streets out here

like this guy for example that just passed emissions (the only thing they care about here really)

tires he used to be able to take the emissions test

they have a max of 34" tires to run the test...

i'm on 33s, tires barely stick outside the fender flares, on a 3" lift with front and rear bumpers that are higher than stock, off-road lights without covers and HID lights that were not factory...oh and a slight tint...27% or so IIRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Ive been pulled over in VT for tinted windows, i know your talking about a different state but some cops enforce this stuff. NYCO i like the description of your truck haha

thanks...it has it's fair share of dents unfortunately..but i definitely work the truck on the trails
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
oh and this is my buddy's rig that is even legal to drive...just not at night

Old 10-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I have the same bumper with 3" lift but have smaller tires and just barely passed. You may have an issue. Your tires stick out the same as mine so that shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
thinking maybe i need a set of smaller road tires as spares....

how often are the inspections? yearly?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
Yearly on your birth month. Smaller tires should work but that would stink.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
What part of NH you thinking of moving to?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yearly on your birth month. Smaller tires should work but that would stink.
i would only have them for the inspection...i'll put the normal tires after

Quote:
What part of NH you thinking of moving to?
looking at the concord/manchester/nashua area..depends on where the jobs land us..

i really like the hooksett if we were to move to the manchester area..haven't looked much at the areas between nashua and manchester..we have buddies up in manchester so we'd like to stay close to someone we know...plus it puts me closer to the mountains
Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Hooksett is a nice area. I currently live in Litchfield and with the new bridge by the airport makes it very convenient for travel to Boston, the Mountains and the beach. Basically an hour away from each.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hooksett is a nice area. I currently live in Litchfield and with the new bridge by the airport makes it very convenient for travel to Boston, the Mountains and the beach. Basically an hour away from each.
yea that was one thing that sounded nice about that area...away from the city but still close...and central to the mtns and beach...

my lady is going back for the police test in nashua in december, so we'll see how that goes..as a cpa, i figure i have a few options for jobs.