LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

2013 Road Trip to Moab meet...

Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #41
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Craig I thought you hate camping?

My gf and I are still planning on going to Moab but we most likely will not be on the same route as you guys.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #42
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Brought this topic up again this morning.

I think I could actually go. All funding would be entirly up to me so I'd need to get on the saving...(I say as I look to a building pile of alulminum scrap to the left of my computer table)...I would be going solo, No wife, no kids. I think this would be my one for the year.

I would consider myself VERY commited to this adventure if I can manage to get the money together and figure out a way to keep down on the sleeping costs. I'm willing to sleep in the truck to save on several nights of hotels (gets expensive quick)

Be looking at over $600/700 in gas alone. And I'm a 4 banger. Figure 9-10 tanks, 400 miles each tank.

What the dates/days that are planned "to actually be in Moab", then I can build out from there regarding travel/vacation plans/time.

I won't go without my lift.

For the love god I'd think I'd have it by then....who the hell knows.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #43
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytl View Post
Don't forget me, I'm pretty committed, although, I think I found an oil leak
Don't think of it as a leak, think of it as self lubrication and frame rust prevention.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #44
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Brought this topic up again this morning.

I think I could actually go. All funding would be entirly up to me so I'd need to get on the saving...(I say as I look to a building pile of alulminum scrap to the left of my computer table)...I would be going solo, No wife, no kids. I think this would be my one for the year.

I would consider myself VERY commited to this adventure if I can manage to get the money together and figure out a way to keep down on the sleeping costs. I'm willing to sleep in the truck to save on several nights of hotels (gets expensive quick)

Be looking at over $600/700 in gas alone. And I'm a 4 banger. Figure 9-10 tanks, 400 miles each tank.

What the dates/days that are planned "to actually be in Moab", then I can build out from there regarding travel/vacation plans/time.

I won't go without my lift.

For the love god I'd think I'd have it by then....who the hell knows.
Please don't mention mpg around us. I'm budgeting $2,000 for gas. 200 miles a tank
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #45

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I'm doing the math wrong, but I figured under $1000 gas round trip. 15 mpg $3.50 gallon? I'm planning on $3000 for the trip, with another 1000 on the side for any "oh shits!" 2000 miles away
Well for me its around 2,000 miles each way, plus all the driving ill do out there and side trips along the way. I'm figuring up to 5,000 miles round trip. 5,000 divided by 200 ( a safe estimate for miles per tank ) is 25 tanks. Fuel is more expensive out west, so expect to spend up to a dollar more per gallon in some places. I am using $70 a tank as a safe estimate times 25 equals $1750. If I can do it on less than that ill be happy, but atleast ill have the money for it if I need it. Plus I expect a few nights in a hotel at $100-$150 a night but that will come from my "food/beer/touristy shit budget"
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #46
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #48
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I'm actively looking for a tow-behind...

MPG LOL.
What specs I can keep an eye out .... military trailer, pop up, etc...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #50
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if some of ya'll are caravanning, why don't ya split rooms or whatnot for those staying in a motel. or crash in random TW-er's driveways lol
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #51
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
not sure if some of ya'll are caravanning, why don't ya split rooms or whatnot for those staying in a motel. or crash in random TW-er's driveways lol
I think most of is are camping the all but the whole way out
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #52

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
I think most of is are camping the all but the whole way out
yea only staying in hotels when absolutely necessary. Im thinking maybe 2 nights just for some real good rest the night before/during drive home
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #53
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone say something about Fuel?

At least a 1 or 2 nights in a hotel might be pretty necessary.

I'm a fan of showers.

Anyone...actual dates of "being in Moab..."???.....
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #54

Bump for Scott bringing marshmallows
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #55

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Did someone say something about Fuel?

At least a 1 or 2 nights in a hotel might be pretty necessary.

I'm a fan of showers.

Anyone...actual dates of "being in Moab..."???.....
Ill only be there 28-31
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #57
Buff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 64C10
Name: Buff
Buff's Tacoma Gallery
Look into KOA. I hit them a lot when I go cross country on the 2 wheeler. Most are clean and have cabins. Cheaper than a motel. They have maps online to see where they are along your route. You also may want to get the National Parks card. Lot's of them out there. If you hit 3 or so in a year the card is worth it!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #58

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Your coming out with company though, right?
Yea me and my girlfriend. Rt 80 on the way out and rt 70 on the way back.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #60

Quote:
your trucks are gonna blow up and you're all gonna be stranded in a third world county
We're going to Canada?