Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

2013 Road Trip to Moab meet...

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Road Trip to Moab meet...

I'm going...

Any other locals want to keep up with me & do a cross country trip?

I plan to swing through Texas to meet up with a few folks on the way out or back...

Figured I'd put it out there to see what interest there was.

Update:
I will be leaving Pa. on the 24th of May. Headed to Houston Texas then out to Moab.

As of now PSU TAco85 and sander1036 are coming along with me.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd in case your route brings ya through OKC
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I'm in

I wish it was that easy. I would have to until the kids get a little older before I could make a trip like that. But it is definitely on my bucket list.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Craig are there any dates set yet? I really want to go to Moab this year. I will be on a very limited time frame though so I might have to just meet you out there. I won't have more than a week. Google maps says 34 hours from my house, so I figure 2 long days driving out, 2 long days driving home, and unfortunately only 3 days there. I'd like to make the most of it and see Zion np, arches np, and anything else nearby. I guess maybe only wheel some moderate trails 1 day
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Dates are may 29th to June 2nd.

I also cant drive out to utah without at leas visiting Zion.

Plenty of time to plan things.

I really want to visit some of the guys in Texas either on he way out or back.

It is certainly a commitment so I figured starting to plan now would be a good idea.
Yea I found nyco's thread. Arches national park is apparently like 10 minutes from Moab, Bryce Canyon and Zion are apparently like 6 hours from Moab, closer to the Grand Canyon. I'm thinking drive out Friday night and be in Denver Sunday, get some rest and then check out Denver night life, then Rocky Mountain national park Monday, start driving to Moab Tuesday and maybe do some wheeling in the Rockies, then be in Moab Wednesday, Thursday, start the drive home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Call out of work Monday morning if absolutely necessary, but should be good with just a week.

Also thinking it would be sweet to bring my dual sport and ride that around in Moab. Cough Anthony cough

This is not what I'm suggesting for the group.. This is just what I'm thinking ill need to do.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
time to save up money and vacation days now
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #9

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I figured it would be difficult to coordinated a Multi truck caravan of sorts but I thought it best to at least open the discussion.
We've all talked about Moab at one time or another - now we can throw out our ideas & see what meshes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
time to save up money and vacation days now
This^
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm super excited BUMP.... making a list of rear suspension parts to completely revamp the truck
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I have around 5 weeks of vacation next year so taking off from work isn't a problem. Being I have no wife or kids (that I know of), my schedule is pretty flexible
I have six days ... but since I work with family if i schedule ahead of time I can get a wopping 10 days
Old 11-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Time off is tough for me too but I've got Bonnie's blessing to do it so I'm 100% in.
Mrs. Taco FTW
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
God I'd love to go.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Stopping in Canada?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #18

Quote:
yeah... I lucked out there...
she will probably get you back when the kids are older
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
im interested in this
how many packs of cheddar brats will be needed 40? 50?