Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Pine Barrens anyone?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #41
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
look familiar? Attachment 186064
Yep. That has been out for almost 2 years if its the trail that starts by the track. Next time make your last left before that and you'll go right out to Jackson Rd. If you make a right be prepared for some swamp.

heck Ill even go there by myself with my nephews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Lam View Post
I bet you did, it poured 2 days ago.

I don't recomend going there alone. lol
For n00bs I agree. If you have recovery gear, know what your doing, and a slightly modified truck I say go for it. 99% of the time I go there I'm the only truck. I usually have a passenger, but same difference.

The key is to not blast through what looks to be a small puddle. Stop and check the level. Also if it has a bypass trail 99.9% of the time that's what should be taken. Also hit the sides of the puddles. Every time I'm back there I see some moron stuck who tried to blast right through the middle.

single woman we found at about 12am....and she was by herself.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #42
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Army: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Name: Nick
Nicky Lam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Yep. That has been out for almost 2 years if its the trail that starts by the track. Next time make your last left before that and you'll go right out to Jackson Rd. If you make a right be prepared for some swamp.

heck Ill even go there by myself with my nephews

For n00bs I agree. If you have recovery gear, know what your doing, and a slightly modified truck I say go for it. 99% of the time I go there I'm the only truck. I usually have a passenger, but same difference.

The key is to not blast through what looks to be a small puddle. Stop and check the level. Also if it has a bypass trail 99.9% of the time that's what should be taken. Also hit the sides of the puddles. Every time I'm back there I see some moron stuck who tried to blast right through the middle.

single woman we found at about 12am....and she was by herself.
Obviously shes not the brightest female a d on top of that being alone, stuck in the pine barrens, at night. She was looking for trouble.

I've just heard stories where if youre out there alone and get stuck, leave the vehicle for help, you'll come back to a vehicle stripped to the ground and destroyed.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #43
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Lam View Post
Obviously shes not the brightest female a d on top of that being alone, stuck in the pine barrens, at night. She was looking for trouble.

I've just heard stories where if youre out there alone and get stuck, leave the vehicle for help, you'll come back to a vehicle stripped to the ground and destroyed.

Yep. It happens. Never leave a vehicle unattended overnight on a trail. Seems the riff raff don't mess with people leaving trucks near the kayak drops though (knocks on wood). I have left my truck next to a river so many times I lost track.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #44
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
me and a buddy might take a ride to Batsto tomorrow
Old 03-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #45
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
bump for the weekend
Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #46
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Going this weekend? This snow is going to melt fast when it hits the 50's tomorrow.....it will be muddy out there!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #47
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch97 View Post
Going this weekend? This snow is going to melt fast when it hits the 50's tomorrow.....it will be muddy out there!
yup myself and a few others will be bathing it up tomorrow out there. ranger station @ 11
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #48
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome, have fun!

Wish I could go but I got a bunch of things to take care of this weekend.

Try to take some pictures!

Quote:
yup myself and a few others will be bathing it up tomorrow out there. ranger station @ 11
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #49

And a boat!

Suppose to snow/rain all day and stop around 8pm tonight, that should create some big puddles on those trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Bring a life preserver
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #50
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome, have fun!

Wish I could go but I got a bunch of things to take care of this weekend.

Try to take some pictures!
always do & video, because you know what happens in Flharton lol
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #51
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bring a life preserver
I prefer swimmies
Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #52
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmmmmm

Quote:
I prefer swimmies
X2.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #53
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmmmmm

X2.

you coming? Jamie is coming with the Jeep & possibly one other
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #54

Did you guys go? If so, how was it?

Quote:
you coming? Jamie is coming with the Jeep & possibly one other
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #56
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
few of us went out, spent a good part of the day exploring some tight trails & then ended up making a quick pass through flharton which wasn't too exciting.

have to make up for it this weekend, who's game?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #57
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I might get a little for this but here's the link to the heeps

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/jee...en-213548.html

that's like being part of an extremely slow train going through the woods. I'd have to bring food & beverages.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #58

That should be interesting....You'll need a boat out there with all this rain!

Quote:
Yeah I'll have to see how many people there are going to be. If it's like 20 rigs I'll just go on my own
Old 03-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #59
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I even took the white unicorn out of hibernation for some block slapping fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
I didn't go but I am thinking it was wet.
Not bad at all. We didn't have any water issues.

Downed trees and roots are a different story.

Quote:
few of us went out, spent a good part of the day exploring some tight trails & then ended up making a quick pass through flharton which wasn't too exciting.

have to make up for it this weekend, who's game?
Not I. Think if I push it much more Ill be driving home sitting next to a tow truck driver.

Quote:
Sunday there will be a large meet at the Pic, starting at 930. I'll be there. Mostly a jeep meet so I will have to save some face for us Yotas
burn in hell you will

Quote:
That should be interesting....You'll need a boat out there with all this rain!
Should be nice today, but not even close to flood stage http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv?site_no=01409400
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #60
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I even took the white unicorn out of hibernation for some block slapping fun.
TMI