Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Connecticut trail run?

View Poll Results: What date/dates would be best for you?
1/19 5 25.00%
1/20 1 5.00%
1/26 3 15.00%
1/27 1 5.00%
Any of these dates are good 7 35.00%
I am not even going i just like to vote on polls 4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #22
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Cedar swamp and the state forest is the spot i am thinking, i have been wanting to go to nepaug but i don't know those trails. Where is peoples forest?

People's forest is up in Barkhamsted just north of New Hartford and Ski Sundown Ski mountain. These are all new trail systems for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #23
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
ive been meaning to join toyotacrawlers but it doesnt seem like much goes on from the site? i organize big tacoma meets at rausch all the time the point of paying membership fees an being part of a club is access to private land and more wheeling opportunities ...is the web site not updated or do u guys not wheel much?
These area few clubs ive found here in the CT/ New England area. How active they are I dont know yet.

http://www.nova4x4.org/main/index.php
http://www.jt4x4.com/
http://www.eastern4wheelers.org/site/
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsnake View Post
These area few clubs ive found here in the CT/ New England area. How active they are I dont know yet.

http://www.nova4x4.org/main/index.php
http://www.jt4x4.com/
http://www.eastern4wheelers.org/site/
I think John (johnnym) is a member of toyota crawlers. There is a few other guys on here that are members also.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
ive been meaning to join toyotacrawlers but it doesnt seem like much goes on from the site? i organize big tacoma meets at rausch all the time the point of paying membership fees an being part of a club is access to private land and more wheeling opportunities ...is the web site not updated or do u guys not wheel much?
Once you become a member you can see the full site . Right now you only see a small portion. We have 2 trips a month. We have private property's in ri,ct,western mass, nh and Maine . We have a few camp weekends in nh. We also are a part of the http://nea4wd.org/ you need to be a member to see all of that site . Which opens up more private land in mostly nh and western ma.
We had a trip RC last July . Spent a long weekend there. My first time there.
It's open to any make . But mostly Toyota . Rigs range from tacomas to tube buggy 4 wheel steer. It's fun .
Old 12-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
:sly:

Depending on the date. I work mids so its tough to have a normal life. Will be lurking. Lol
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #29
frybike6 will become famous soon enough
frybike6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Once you become a member you can see the full site . Right now you only see a small portion. We have 2 trips a month. We have private property's in ri,ct,western mass, nh and Maine . We have a few camp weekends in nh. We also are a part of the http://nea4wd.org/ you need to be a member to see all of that site . Which opens up more private land in mostly nh and western ma.
We had a trip RC last July . Spent a long weekend there. My first time there.
It's open to any make . But mostly Toyota . Rigs range from tacomas to tube buggy 4 wheel steer. It's fun .
my taco def isn't up to those standards of wheeling but im def willing to tag along and see what those buggies are capable of. how do you become a member? is there a fee?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #30
daggs81 is on a distinguished road
daggs81's Tacoma Gallery
I'm deffinitely in for some time in January.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #31
jdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to beholdjdkilroy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jon
jdkilroy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... How are those 255s working out for you?
The 225's have been great ! (ended up with 255/85/16) I haven't been out on the trails yet so no feed back on off road performance but pretty "quiet" on the road. Only rubbing issue was on front mud flap. I have a little more clearance now.

Connecticut trail run?-sneakers02.jpg
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frybike6 View Post
my taco def isn't up to those standards of wheeling but im def willing to tag along and see what those buggies are capable of. how do you become a member? is there a fee?
you can attend one trail run for free . then if you want to join its $50 for the year.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #34
stickers is on a distinguished road

stickers's Tacoma Gallery
iam down to go lets work on the the day or days to wheel
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #35

Quote:
you can attend one trail run for free . then if you want to join its $50 for the year.
Id love to tag along. Im looking for a club that has good land and good people
Old 12-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #36
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We might need a better spot i we have this many people. The place i am thinking of would probably be only about 2 hours of trail time. There is a few gravel pit areas we could fuck around in though. Does anyone know of any other spots that would be good?

I PMed a mod so i can change this thread to a poll, i was thinking everyone could pick which date would work best and majority wins. Im thinking jan. 19,20,26,27
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
There's always that spot on the RI/ct border . It's stock freindly and fucking huge . We had a stock 1st gen and stock 2 gen out there . They did fine . A few places they needed spotting but no damage . I just don't know where in ct you guys are or if you don't mind traveling alittle bit to wheel .
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #38

Quote:
There's always that spot on the RI/ct border . It's stock freindly and fucking huge . We had a stock 1st gen and stock 2 gen out there . They did fine . A few places they needed spotting but no damage . I just don't know where in ct you guys are or if you don't mind traveling alittle bit to wheel .
Im just south of Hartford Ct. I just purchased my truck in south florida and put it on a transport truck Friday... it will be here next week. So im still in the process of getting all of my recovery gear and checking that she is trail ready. I went out on some dirt trails and service roads out in the everglades and has fun in 2wd while I was down there with her!

Already ordered my recovery strap and Tow hitch D-ring.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #39

Quote:
Thats true. I didnt suggest that just because i have never been there and its kinda daves spot lol. Also is it legal to be in there? If its not legal it might not be a good idea to bring like 15 people there. Ct is small tho, i think jon (hard2kill) would be the farthest away and it would probably only be an hour an a half drive. I started this thread because there was 3 guys i talked to and i figured we would do a quick easy run, i wasnt expecting so much interest, but it would be awesome to get alot of guys to go.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #40
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats true. I didnt suggest that just because i have never been there and its kinda daves spot lol. Also is it legal to be in there? If its not legal it might not be a good idea to bring like 15 people there. Ct is small tho, i think jon (hard2kill) would be the farthest away and it would probably only be an hour an a half drive. I started this thread because there was 3 guys i talked to and i figured we would do a quick easy run, i wasnt expecting so much interest, but it would be awesome to get alot of guys to go.
I hear you . I was just throwing it out there. It's state property and legal to be out there. It's big to so you could have a lot of people.