Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Killington, stowe or Pico VT

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Killington, stowe or Pico VT

I am planning to travel to Vermont to go snowboarding. Which in your opinion is best bang for your buck on a weekday. Any tips or discount offers that a local is aware of and lodging advice would be a help. Even better, you are a gorgeous wealthy woman who wants to helicopter me into VT and put me up for a night or two. I can dream can't I.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up near Killington & Pico and now as an adult prefer Stowe hands down.
There is much more to do, better nightlife, restaurants & they put a lot into their mountain & accomodations.
As far as where to stay, there are a few places not on the access road which help save money it depends on how close you want to be or what you are looking for (besides the weathly lady ).
With Stowe, you are close to Waterbury, Waitsfield, (Sugarbush), Burlington.
..it is a much different feel & atmostphere. I love the Stowe area a lot.
So let me know if you want to stay in the thick of Stowe or willing to drive 20-30 mins. That makes a difference.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
go to sugarbush...
Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpskir View Post
go to sugarbush...
yeah really that is what I wanted to say too
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
You did not mention it but I would go for Jay Peak in VT or Sugarloaf in Maine. I suppose if I had to pick between those 3 that you did mention... I would go with Killington.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I always liked Killington. TONS of terrain. If your going for a few days you could hit up Pico the following day as it's right down the road. I always liked the smaller mountains myself. Mad River Glen is a blast, although it doesn't look like mother nature has been kind for snow lovers.

http://www.madriverglen.com/
Old 02-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Dude
Mtn Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
Mtn Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Killington is way too crowded with tourists. My opinion for riding is Stowe and/or Sugarbush. Make sure to get downtown Burlington at least 1 night...super cool town and good bars!
Have fun riding and with that women!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #9

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I always liked Killington. TONS of terrain. If your going for a few days you could hit up Pico the following day as it's right down the road. I always liked the smaller mountains myself. Mad River Glen is a blast, although it doesn't look like mother nature has been kind for snow lovers.

http://www.madriverglen.com/

he is a knuckledragger... not allowed at mad river! love that place... during the week!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Stowe... But expensive as is Killington. Both overpriced... Jay is good but mich better when they have snow... I like Smuggs too
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
he is a knuckledragger... not allowed at mad river! love that place... during the week!
So am I! I forgot about that. Guess it's been a while since I've been there.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #12
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input. I am not determined to go to anything in particular. I am going to check out sugar bush. Right now it is an one hour drive to hill. Don't really mind 20 mins compared to that. I just want to experience something different. That's all. I don't have a ton of cash but want to do something nice with step son. It's been a rough year for us and looking to get away and put some smiles in the memory bank. Locals have the goods on a nice getaway. Food, lodging and hill. I will probably go to sugar bush because of the input here. Tourists scare the heck out of me.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #13
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
I am also, beginner to intermediate. Step son can go anywhere, but would like to go down a hill or two.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #14
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for Sugarbush. That place is pretty awesome
Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #15
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
Thanks for all the input. I am not determined to go to anything in particular. I am going to check out sugar bush. Right now it is an one hour drive to hill. Don't really mind 20 mins compared to that. I just want to experience something different. That's all. I don't have a ton of cash but want to do something nice with step son. It's been a rough year for us and looking to get away and put some smiles in the memory bank. Locals have the goods on a nice getaway. Food, lodging and hill. I will probably go to sugar bush because of the input here. Tourists scare the heck out of me.
If tourists scare you, steer clear of Killington!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
DueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
DueToThe802's Tacoma Gallery
Sugarbush is fantastic, I was a lifty there for a bit. You could do bromley, best midweek I can find. Stratton is 15 away from it too, and magic mountain( but they're like mad river glen, so only come if its snowed)
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #17

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
agreed with the tourtist thing - I hid at sugarbush/mad river for 12 years while NYers, etc all went to killington... if you are looking for nightlife/spending too much money stowe and killington - you wanna focus on the skiing, sugarbush!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #18
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
agreed with the tourtist thing - I hid at sugarbush/mad river for 12 years while NYers, etc all went to killington... if you are looking for nightlife/spending too much money stowe and killington - you wanna focus on the skiing, sugarbush!
Good advice right dare! ^^^