Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

In need of a good mechanic!!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
niedzwecki is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
niedzwecki's Tacoma Gallery
In need of a good mechanic!!

Hey guys, I live in Marlborough and need a really good mechanic to install a lift for me. I haven't got the lift yet because I want to be able to bring my truck to him and let him make the decision of what the truck needs. I have an 07 Tacoma TRD off-road V6 manual. The constant weight of my cap on the back along with my hockey gear and hunting gear is flattening my leaf springs and I am getting flashed too much at night from people that think my high beams are on. Just sick of it and want a good lift and nice shocks and maybe even add a leaf or do the whole pack...I dunno, that's why I need someone out this way that will stand behind their work and has done a lot of them before. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts are pretty easy to install in the driveway if you have a good tool set. How good of a wrench are you?

Start off deciding what lift to get and go from there. Avoid top plate spacers in the front and blocks in the rear if you can. For 90% of folks, a great cost-effective setup is Bilstein 5100s shocks all around and a new leaf packs for the rear.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #3

How much lift will that get me? I have a bunch of tools... plumber for 13 years.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I want to say it can get you up to 3 inches..not sure but I believe that's the number I've read on here.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #5

Great!! Thanks for the input!!