Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Wheeling with a Cap?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
NBFJCruz is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
NBFJCruz's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling with a Cap?

I am considering getting a SWB DBL cab Taco in the near furture. I will need to put a cap on it to keep my chair out of the weather.

My question is... How much trouble will I get in with flexing on trail? I wheel a little bit but have gotten used to flexing (three wheelin') my FJ on trails like J Trail at Rausch Creek and am wondering how a cap will react in a situation like that.

Thoughts?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
A cap attaches to the bed and should never contact the cab, even with flexing. Unless you want to get one of those boots that connects the cap to the cab, there's no reason a cap should be a hinderence.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
just be sure to get the correct cap, not a cap that is an ok fit.. for example i had put a leer 180 on my reg cab, seemed fine but under any hard bumps it contacted the cab, i just changed it out for a proper reg cab model and no more contacting.. just mentioning this because i seem to see a lot of ppl with caps that sorta fit their trucks, maybe there's too many rednecks where i'm living...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
NBFJCruz is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
NBFJCruz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I think (when the time comes) that I will be leaning toward a LEER or ARE. Both seem comparable. I have owned two LEER's in the past and although neither was perfect they certainly were manageable.