Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

NJ B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #9041
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
Ok, kids here's how it works. You pay your deductible and your insurance company covers the rest to get it fixed. Meanwhile they go after the other guys insurance, and assuming he's 100% at fault, actually has insurance, and that insurance company agrees their client is at fault, they get the full bill from his insurance company and reimburse you your deductible. Your rates do not go up, unless you have a shitty insurance company as previously mentioned and you should go find yourself a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Fuck so I do still have to put out $500 until it's resolved?
unfortunately yes like Aron said above....but if the repairs are far more than your deductible, your insurance will pay the rest and also get that from the party at fault....
If the repairs are less than deductible, they will wait for final invoice of parts and labor and get you that amount back....

Most refunds turn around quick in my experience. ...
Old 12-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #9042
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Workin from home today. Tempted to take my board up to Belle mountain and hit the picnic tables they got up there. I wish we had a sled because that mountain would be a sick sledding hill.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #9043
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
My insurance company doesn't raise my rate unless the accident is my fault, and they pay out more than $1500. Also my state could assign partial blame to who ever is involved.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #9044
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenbro View Post
Maybe one of these will work?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...panel-led/220/

I'm willing to give it a shot. Was going to do the LED swap for my map and dome lights anyway.

Gotta lay off the skinny pedal!
If you want to order them I'll take 2 and give you the cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zopperman View Post
@Josh you have to make your own! Just stick an LED in the bulb holder and solder a resistor to it. Kind of a PITA.

@CHenbro - those SMD's will work too, they're just pricier than option A above. I recommend the ones that have a square LED (SMD) on top, much better coverage

These are all 5mm LEDs that I "made" with resistors on the back of the bulb holder

Don't have a pic handy of the soldering job, but I just stuck the LED leads through the bulb holder, resistor on back, bent them back up and into the contact thingies.
Looks really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Is NJM cheap? I haven't had a ticket since I was 19.
Yea but not everyone is eligible. You have to work for a government job or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
I know very well how it works... But once I post something everyone bashes me and than says pretty much the same thing I said...

Josh is going to have to pay out of pocket 500 smackers if he wants to use the insurance company and depending on his company his shit is still going to go up... I had someone hit me and run 8 months ago and even though it was not my fault if I paid the deductible with USAA they would have raised my rates like 30 bucks a month... Hence why my facking bumper is still cracked and wont ever be fixed
Well a few people said I won't have to pay the deductible, that I can wait and just get a check from the other drivers insurance company, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #9045
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So basically what I said.... Yeah thought so... You all doubt me yet agree with me
Wut? Let's break down how that is not at all what you said...

Quote:
Normally... If you want to get your insurance company involved... (Which might be more that what the repairs are) The rate goes up when you pay the deductible...
No, as stated by pretty much everyone else your rates should not go up if you use your deductible unless you are at fault. It is simply a hold over until they get the money from the at fault person's insurance company. I also have no clue what you are trying to say with this statement: "Which might be more that what the repairs are". Are you saying you insurance company will make you spend more money on the repairs that aren't costing you any money anyway because the other guy is paying for it???

Quote:
...but you can have the other insurance company than reimburse you or just make them pay your deductible and royally screw the ass hat that hit you.... Was he texting? It sure as hell wasn't icy yesterday
So you can use the insurance for what it's for to pay for something that happened that wasn't your fault so you don't have to. Right, why wouldn't you do that? And how is that going to "royally screw" the other guy. It's a minor accident, his rates might go up a little, maybe not at all since it could be low enough cost. Also not sure why you say you can have them reimburse you or pay your deductible, that would be the same thing.

Quote:
EDIT: You have to replace a tail light and color in your bumper with a sharpie or some rattle can... Big price tag on those Id seriously see about just getting a tail light... Which are sold on here all the time for cheap...
Again, why on earth would he pay out of pocket for something the other guy should, and most certainly will pay for. And why should he be reduced to having a sharpied bumper rather than a nicely painted one?

Quote:
Unless your deductible is under 150 bucks you are probably gonna spend more money
This statement makes no sense, he's going to spend more money than what? Did you mean spend less money? Not that he should be spending anything, but if his deductible is less that 150 than maybe that would be less than the cost of going cheap on repairs. Or he could just use his insurance for what it's worth, get it fixed properly, and pay nothing.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #9046
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to order them I'll take 2 and give you the cash.
I'll do some more reading around, probably pull my A/C cluster out so I can take measurements on the bulb assembly to figure out exactly what to order. What color do you want? White? Or orange for the stock look?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #9047
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll do some more reading around, probably pull my A/C cluster out so I can take measurements on the bulb assembly to figure out exactly what to order. What color do you want? White? Or orange for the stock look?
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-ge...ing-wheel.html

Lot of good info in there. Not sure what txfers over to the taco, but still good reading.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #9048
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd like white. I'm pretty sure the climate controls have an orange tint in the buttons and shit though, so it won't shine through white.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #9049
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
Wut? Let's break down how that is not at all what you said...

No, as stated by pretty much everyone else your rates should not go up if you use your deductible unless you are at fault. It is simply a hold over until they get the money from the at fault person's insurance company. I also have no clue what you are trying to say with this statement: "Which might be more that what the repairs are". Are you saying you insurance company will make you spend more money on the repairs that aren't costing you any money anyway because the other guy is paying for it???

So you can use the insurance for what it's for to pay for something that happened that wasn't your fault so you don't have to. Right, why wouldn't you do that? And how is that going to "royally screw" the other guy. It's a minor accident, his rates might go up a little, maybe not at all since it could be low enough cost. Also not sure why you say you can have them reimburse you or pay your deductible, that would be the same thing.

Again, why on earth would he pay out of pocket for something the other guy should, and most certainly will pay for. And why should he be reduced to having a sharpied bumper rather than a nicely painted one?

This statement makes no sense, he's going to spend more money than what? Did you mean spend less money? Not that he should be spending anything, but if his deductible is less that 150 than maybe that would be less than the cost of going cheap on repairs. Or he could just use his insurance for what it's worth, get it fixed properly, and pay nothing.
Dalton is right.

Here is an example and just happen a couple weeks ago. My co worker who owns this nice Chevy with the Bro edition had someone clip one of his wheels in the Wawa parking lot. There was an accident report generated and he turned it into the other parties insurance company. The other party's insurance company sent out an adjuster and they wrote it up for a new wheel and an alignment. He received a check for $600.00 and change. He spent nothing out of his pocket and his insurance did not go up, it just took a few weeks.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #9050

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Good news Scott! Hopefully that works out the same way for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #9051
LED & HID positive
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd like white. I'm pretty sure the climate controls have an orange tint in the buttons and shit though, so it won't shine through white.
Nah, they'll be white. The leds themselves are orange or have an orange cover on them
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #9052
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Thanks for reminding me.

Fox 2.0 remote resi rear shocks for sale...
Nothing wrong with them, just won't work with shackle flip. Let me know if you're interested, I won't be selling them until I install my new setup.
Make an offer.

Josh, what bump stops are you running and how did you mount them? I was getting ready to order some super Bumps from wheelers and mount them on the top side like Ant's.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #9053
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nah, they'll be white. The leds themselves are orange or have an orange cover on them
IIRC, the "covers" are in fact tinted orange.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...or-change.html
Old 12-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #9054
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
This is what I remember reading back in the day. The only one that's hard to convert to a different color is the clock or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
Josh, what bump stops are you running and how did you mount them? I was getting ready to order some super Bumps from wheelers and mount them on the top side like Ant's.
They're the Timbren bump stops with the All-Pro u-bolt flip kit. I really like the super bumps though (have them in the front).
Old 12-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #9055

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, the dials and buttons have orange tint.

See this link and mojos link

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...t-mod-how.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
Timbren bump stops mounted on all pro u bolt flips. The u bolt plates are drilled and tapped and come with the bolts for it to all just bolt together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...or-change.html
Yep
Old 12-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #9056

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what I remember reading back in the day. The only one that's hard to convert to a different color is the clock or something.

They're the Timbren bump stops with the All-Pro u-bolt flip kit. I really like the super bumps though (have them in the front).
The clock after a certain year is easy to change from amber, but only to blue and white iirc. The climate controls are the pain in the ass since the controls are tinted orange.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #9057
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
So are people meeting up on Saturday?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #9058
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
The dome light listed on superbright led's for the second gen is wrong. not sure what is the right one, but if anyone knows let me know. The bulb they sent me is WAY to short.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #9059
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Why not order from CSJumper?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #9060
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
You local Corey?

Products Discussed in this Thread