Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Anyone been to Rock Run Recreation park in PA?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Run is another offroad park in Pattoon, PA.

It's not completely open for 4WD vehicles yet (like Rausch Creek it) - but they have OPEN trail rides through out the summer and have trail guides to take you through the trails.

Here's some information if you wanna check it out:

The 2009 wheeling season is just around the corner here in the Northeast. Rock Run Recreation Area and the Western Pa 4x4 Trails Advisory Committee would like to thank you for making 2008 a successful first season at the park. We have learned quite a bit in our first year and hope to make some changes in how we will operate in 2009.
Unlike last year, our open rides will not require a pre-registration. The committee will, however, still provide trained guides for each open trail date. For clubs who wish to have a club-only trail ride, we will gladly accept your group of 15 or more trucks. If your club would like to join up with another club, please go to our website at http://wpa4xtrac.org and join the forum. Introduce yourself and inquire about other clubs.
The fee schedule will remain the same as 2008. Daily fees are as follows: $25 for driver. $5 per passenger. Camping is $10 for a group of 6 individuals (camp sites are quite close, so you can camp with your whole group).
If you have any questions or would like to request a club-only trail date, please contact Dan Guyer at dan58@marylandcreepers.com

April 4 - OPEN
May 9 - OPEN
June 14 - OPEN
July 11 - OPEN
August 2 - OPEN
Sept 20 - OPEN
Oct 10 - OPEN

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com
http://wpa4xtrac.org
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I'd pipe in on this. We frequent Rock Run each year and are looking forward to some warmer weather to head back. Here are some pictures:

My nephew on his old YZ85

Yes, there are lots of trails in those trees

And, since this is a Taco forum....a picture of me loading up and heading out to Rock Run

I highly recommend this place. They have huge plans for expansion but it requires attendance to complete the project. Even though it's only at stage 1 right now, the place is beautiful. The only gripe I have is there are too many intersections and signage is great but hard to follow. They have plans for longer loops that may open this summer.

Also, trails are 2-way. I like to push my speed and have to watch when coming around a corner. Sucks to find a utility quad head-on hugging the inside of an on-coming corner. I had 1 serious get-off and a couple close calls.

Here we are all loaded up: